HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 08-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
Henry S

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default Air Fuel Ratio while on the stop?

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and have a question. What is your Air Fuel Ratio while on the stop? and has anyone seen a difference between blade stops and inline stops.?
Thanks in advance
Henry Sliwinski
54 s/g:
Henry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323
Default Re: Air Fuel Ratio while on the stop?

Hey Henry
I run SS/T in IL and i switched from linkage to base plate and the car is more consistent with the base plate system. i do not know the air/fuel mix. i have not run it on the dyno. i am very happy with the base system.
Just my opinion

Lee
The Doughboy
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
sst3447

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i ran a linkage stop for 3 years on a 500 hp small block ,i switched this year to a basepate dedenbear system on a 760 hp small block, the base plate is alot more consitant than the linkage style , out of my first 12 passes 8 of the were 90 with change and 2 were dead on with different weather conditions i would recommend the baseplate
sst3447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
Mike Hedger

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I also have run both and hands down I would run an air baseplate #1 stop to control ET and a K&R inline for a starting line control I have had great luck with the two of them. However if you run alcohol you need to cut the blades on the engine side of the throttle shafts so it won't puddle fuel on the blade then go rich when you go back wide open. I also am not a fan of electric stops on high HP cars they open up to quick and you take a chance of spinning the tires when going back to WOT. If you want to spend the money and get the best out there go to the #1 three stage stop you can use the bottom cyl. as an override a high gear or bring the top off and then the bottom to get down a bad racetrack. I ran a S/St car that ran 10.90 @ 145 and could get down any track I went to with this type of stop. But back to your question if the carb is correct in the air bleads and intermediate circuit the mixture does not change mutch when on the stop but this takes a good carb guy and about 10-12 passes the same day to get it correct. (at least this has been my experience)
Old 08-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
Henry S

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks for all the input. Currently I have an inline stop and the air fuel goes rich when on the stop. I believe the reason is closing the stop hard to 3300 rpm causes the air to the engine to shut off quickly, but the fuel flow does not stop that quickly. when the stop opens, the air fuel stays consistent. I don't not have the underhood room for a plate stop. I actually run one on my super street car and it has been consistent. I do like the flexibility in the opening and closing rates of the inline stop to control wheel spin. but i still experience the rich condition while on the stop.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
Mike Hedger

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Henry work on the air bleads in the carb and see if it clears up. 3300 is not to low as long as the car comes off of the stop clean. Are you shifting on time or RPM and if on time are you shifting into high when you are on the stop? I have had great luck shifting around 1.0 out. If you have a data recorder watch the RPM after the shift and as long as it is steady or climbs you are in the ballpark on the shift point. Hope this helps, Mike
Old 08-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
Henry S

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Mike, i shift on time at .7 and stop rpm is rock steady. The car works well .I was just wondering about it being rich while on the stop and if anyone experienced the same thing or not. What i'm not sure about is what circuits are working during stop operation while at that low of rpm.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #8
SlickVic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Air Fuel Ratio while on the stop?

600HP SBC. #1 Stop, CO2, Baseplate. Shift on time. Stop on at .2, Shift at .7, on for about 2 secs. Stop RPM 4800 Steady. AFR 12.5 to 13.0. After Stop comes off, AFR 12.5 to 13.0. Innovate Wideband. Will send you log file if you have logworks. Let me know.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #9
Henry S

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

SLickVic, I would like to see the log file (if you don't mind). I do have logworks
Old 08-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
SlickVic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Air Fuel Ratio while on the stop?

Sure, No problem. Email Address?

slickvic107@comcast.net