HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > All Star Racing Association
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
Johnny Gray

Liked 40 Times in 6 Posts
Default Plaque

I feel lucky and honored to have the champions plaque for a year. I was looking at it and thought it would be cool when Timmy started racing if he got his name on the plaque there would be a father and son on there. Then I quickly remember that TJ Boucher and Tom Boucher were on there, but they weren't the first father and son on the plaque it was Dave and Dean Ribiero. Thought that was cool to have two fathers and sons on there. I like stats so here are some more from the plaque of points champions.
20 Different winners in 33 years (31 years of points)
6 Multi winners Dave & Bobby LeBrun, Bob Broadbent, Tom Boucher, Joe Santangelo II and Justin Picillo
2 Brothers Dave & Bobby LeBrun & DJ & Billy Pires
2 Father and sons Dave & Dean Ribiero & Tom & TJ Boucher
Four "Dave's" have won 10 times LeBrun, Ribiero, Simpson and Casey
I don't think anyone will catch Dave LeBrun with 7 points championships.
No champs in '85 & '86 not sure why.
Hope spring gets here soon.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts
Default Re: Plaque

One of the "Special moments" of the evening was recognizing your family for the sacrifices made in your quest, but for me and many others, was when a 2013 ASRA Champions Jacket was presented to young Timmy as well,
The "look" on his face was priceless!
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 581 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: Plaque

You are certainly deserving to have that plaque, you earned it John. With lots of help from Christine and Timmy also. As Greg stated, Timmy was all smiles.

The reason that there were no points champs those 2 years is that when the format went from racing at New England only to the multi track format(Lebanon,New England, Connecticut and Cicero), those first 2 years there were no points kept track of., honestly it was all new, and no one knew how it would workout.

After those 2 years were completed I remember being at a board meeting and discussing whether we should keep track of points. It was decided to keep track, but it was not known if there would be any money left over to payout for points. We had some left over and I believe Bob LeBrun may have won that year. That also may have been the first ASRA banquet.

I don't know what year the plaque was made up, but it was Dave LeBrun's idea and he had it made and donated it ,, I believe.

There are 2 similiar plaques, one at Lebanon and one at New England that were donated by Tom Boucher

Congrats, enjoy it