HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
triplezero

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Going onto the stop question

Having trouble with the car being consistent when it goes onto the stop. Launch it at 4200 goes on the stop at .15 to 4000 rpm, but it will drop to 3700 and come right up and hold 4000, or it will drop to 3700 hold for a second and then come back and it when it does that it really screws with the 60 ft. They'll be 1.91 for a few runs, then it will do it and go 1.94, and then the next run back to 1.91.

Was wondering if anyone else has come across this and what they found that worked, or what anyone thought we should look at when we test. Also, the car is very, very consistent wide open, and it is on the throttle stop way past 60 ft, so those are not the issues in consistency.

Thanks for all your help in advance and I hope to return the favor down the road!
triplezero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Going onto the stop question

The rpm that your car likes on the stop is dependent on a lot of things, signal thru the carb, heads, cam, converter, etc. That being said, I would raise the rpm's up 100 at a time until it finds the spot that it likes. Once you find that, you could maybe pull 50 rpm's back out if you are wanting to reduce the time that you are on the stop.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Phil3700

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Going onto the stop question

The higher your launch rpm the cleaner it will be coming on the stop. My opinion that is way to low. I would at least go in between 4600-5000. You want to have enough separation between your launch rpm and your throttle stop rpm. That is where most of your dip in rpm is coming from. It will take a few times to find that happy spot.
Phil3700 is offline   Reply With Quote