HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #111
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts
Default Re: Aftermarket/Replacement Cylinder Head Rule Change

I think for stock the rules should be changed so any casting can be used as long as they have all the same volumes, valve sizes, and valve arrangements. We are there anyway why only allow some manufacturers and people to get replacement parts. Go to a SS cylinder head rule
for stock and be done with it. All the replacement head deal does is give select few racers an economic and performance advantage over the rest.
One more thing, all the guys crying that the new cars are not real stockers are wrong. They all have the parts they were designed with and run them.
How many original parts are in a 396/375? or a Plymouth 340 with aluminum heads and intake? Not many I’m sure. It’s getting stupid, nobody with a SBC can’t find parts?
Old 04-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #112
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
I think for stock the rules should be changed so any casting can be used as long as they have all the same volumes, valve sizes, and valve arrangements. We are there anyway why only allow some manufacturers and people to get replacement parts. Go to a SS cylinder head rule
for stock and be done with it. All the replacement head deal does is give select few racers an economic and performance advantage over the rest.
One more thing, all the guys crying that the new cars are not real stockers are wrong. They all have the parts they were designed with and run them.
How many original parts are in a 396/375? or a Plymouth 340 with aluminum heads and intake? Not many I’m sure. It’s getting stupid, nobody with a SBC can’t find parts?
You really think that all the new cars are running the parts that came in them? I would bet that all the fast cars are running aftermarket rods pistons cams and tweaked heads just like all the old cars.

Last edited by novassdude; 04-13-2018 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:31 PM   #113
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Brand 505B View Post
One of the listed heads is close in CC to the stock specs. This rule is good for guys in the cylinder head business. Now we need a head approved for the Pontiac.

Pontiac doesn't need another approved head. Pontiac guys just need to do their homework. And as of now I read, the Edelbrock Pontiac is approved for Stock. Hesus.......what a bunch of whining no-nothing racers. I fought (voted) against the Super Stock Pontiac E-head every time NHRA asked me. But after 15 years the whiners prevailed. And now Stock? You're shameful.

Last edited by Bruce Fulper; 04-12-2018 at 07:47 PM. Reason: first was incomplete
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #114
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
You really think that all the new cars are running the parts that cam in them? I would bet that all the fast cars are running aftermarket rods pistons cams and tweaked heads just like all the old cars.
I guess you haven’t seen any of those engines apart? Well I have, and those engines come with good stuff already. They are much closer to the way they came from the factories then the older cars that are getting aluminum replacement for the hard to find iron heads.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:08 PM   #115
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Coming from a guy that has never built anything for class racing on his own. Build something on your own, and race against cars that have these parts and let’s see how you do. We will never see that so your statement like yourself is irrelevant.....Next

QUOTE=Bruce Fulper;560493]Pontiac doesn't need another approved head. Pontiac guys just need to do their homework. And as of now I read, the Edelbrock Pontiac is approved for Stock. Hesus.......what a bunch of whining no-nothing racers. I fought (voted) against the Super Stock Pontiac E-head every time NHRA asked me. But after 15 years the whiners prevailed. And now Stock? You're shameful.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-12-2018, 11:53 PM   #116
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts
Unhappy Re: Aftermarket/Replacement Cylinder Head Rule Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
Coming from a guy that has never built anything for class racing on his own. Build something on your own, and race against cars that have these parts and let’s see how you do. We will never see that so your statement like yourself is irrelevant.....Next

QUOTE=Bruce Fulper;560493]Pontiac doesn't need another approved head. Pontiac guys just need to do their homework. And as of now I read, the Edelbrock Pontiac is approved for Stock. Hesus.......what a bunch of whining no-nothing racers. I fought (voted) against the Super Stock Pontiac E-head every time NHRA asked me. But after 15 years the whiners prevailed. And now Stock? You're shameful.
[/QUOTE]

Jesus dude....you must really live in Hatesville to say some dumb axx thing like that. I thought you were just a regular guy. But now we all see different.
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote