HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech

Old 04-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Gary Smith

Liked 51 Times in 21 Posts
Default Trailer panels

I have a Forest River trailer with no ceiling panels and wondered if anyone DIYers have attempted to put some in? How about aluminum exterior replacements?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts
Default Re: Trailer panels

I did the ceiling on an enclosed trailer---Not a F River but another brand--Before I put up the paneling I ran all of my wiring for ceiling lites etc and then got foam bord insulation and glued it on with liquid nails, this will keep your ceiling much cooler. We then fastened the panels with SELF DRILLING screws to the roof cross studs/bars- much easier and quicker way of fastening them----for a nicer finished look we used the clear/white joining?? strips like they use on wall paneling between the 2 panels so you do not have any exposed gaps where two panels meet. Take your time and it will come out nice--measure 2-3 times BEFORE you do any cutting of holes etc so you don't waste any material and it cuts down on the number of mistakes/boo boos as you are installing the panels---good luck on your project---Comp
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
gcasey

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I'm interested in Gary's second question re exterior panels. I recently scraped the side of our Pace resulting in some small gashes about head high on the exterior. Are there any recommendations other than complete panel replacement? Don't know if trying to match new/old (white) panels will be an issue.

Appreciate any feedback
gcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts

try a place that repairs semi trailers they can answer I'm sure all your questions---my opinion is yoy will need to replace the panel otherwise you will have a patch on the panel--do not know how that would look but call or drive over to a truck body/trailer place for all your ?????
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcasey View Post
I'm interested in Gary's second question re exterior panels. I recently scraped the side of our Pace resulting in some small gashes about head high on the exterior. Are there any recommendations other than complete panel replacement? Don't know if trying to match new/old (white) panels will be an issue.

Appreciate any feedback
If it's aluminum, the metal is now stretched and will never look right if repaired.
My neighbor's wife backed into my enclosed last fall with a bike carrier mounted on the rear. The cost to replace the 8'x4' panel and rear aluminum corner was about $750. Out local RV and trailer shop is who I used. Most RV repair shops can get you the panels.

Clark
cad is offline   Reply With Quote