HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
CWhitney

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Fontana Dragstrip?

Does anyone have any information on what's going on? Are they still trying to reopen?
CWhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
56sedandelivery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Fontana Dragstrip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWhitney View Post
Does anyone have any information on what's going on? Are they still trying to reopen?
I read on the website, they had settled/bought out the offending party, and were going to be building a sound wall. So, it's looking up for the drag strip. Butch/56sedandelivery.
56sedandelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
CWhitney

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Have they started building the sound wall?
CWhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Dave Kommel

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Don't take this as gospel, but last I heard, they needed to find funding for the sound wall. I believe that whatever money had been set aside for it was spent int the legal battle and/or settlement.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 AM   #5
Gary Smith

Liked 75 Times in 24 Posts

Hey CW I figured I'd see you at Irwindale last Thursday, ice skating with your stocker like Holroyd and Janes/Reimer . ..well at least Clark was. Greg's car was already on the trailer when I got there. Greg are you out there???
Old 02-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: Fontana Dragstrip?

Yeah,I be here. Thursday at Irwindale went OK, just not real good conditions to do much testing. I got two runs within .04 of each other, all other intervals beyone the 60 foot were identical. I did discover a rear end noise, so Friday I set up anothe ring and pinion in it. It turned out real nicely, so Tuesday, I'll take it to Pomona for tech.Tony Janes is driving it, so I'll crew it for him. I'm real interested in seeing it run since I made a few changes. Come see us in the pits in the morning of Thursday and Friday. I can't be there the afternoons of those days, I have an upcoming medical proceedure Monday, and I need to get some lab work and a pre operative appointment done in the afternoons those two days. I scheduled it so none of that messes up my Winternationals. I don't know how Cliff and Clark ran at Irwindale, the thought of launching a high powered car on 9 inch tires kind of terrified me. I got the two hits and left and was home by 8 PM. That's whats great about Irwindale. You can get there by 4:30, tech, get in a few runs and be home for dinner by 7.30 or 8. .
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
astikhossw

Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts

Quick question will they allow a stocker to run without mufflers at irwindale on there thursday test and tune,someone told me that you had to call and get prior permission to be allowed run without mufflers.
astikhossw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: Fontana Dragstrip?

You might try and call first, but we always use straight through bullet style muffs when we go there. A stocker camshaft tends to make a real racket, and these do manage to take the crack sound out of it. Regarding the Fontana noise wall, any talk of having a racer's fund raiser to help defray some of it? I feel having it separately from the track budget until the goal has been met,then and ONLY then releasing the funds for the wall construction so it doesn't get lost in the general fund or the nascar program.I'm not talking about impuning anybody's integrity, I just know how large organizations sometimes have things happen with cash flow situations.We wouldn't want to make a designated donation only to have it get absorbed. Enough money was spent on legal issues here to probably have built two noise walls and a Pomonaplex type of facility as well. Just a thought.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote