HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #31
55 Chevy

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Solid Motor Mounts - Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Silverman View Post
Much as I remember (and it's been a while!), didn't the 55-57 Chevy have the rear mounts on the bell housing? Or was that just on the trucks?

I once had a Top loader in my Nova that bent the factory crossmember before I braced it, a little heavier than a muncie.

Lew
Yes, the stock 55-57 cars have the rear mounts on the bellhousing. The originals were a "rubber" style that over time got really sloppy because of leaking oil/transmission fluid. I had special steel ones made that mount in the original spots which I currently still use.

Robert,I too used to run the T-16. Took an original sidecover in one time to have a bushing pressed on the 2/3 boss to strenghthen it. They threw it out by mistake and ended up making me one out of steel. It sure shifted better.
I am looking forward to the Jerico and am on a mission to make it work while retaining my original bench seat.

Allan
55 Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #32
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Solid Motor Mounts - Good or Bad?

I am looking forward to the Jerico and am on a mission to make it work while retaining my original bench seat.

Allan, we run the bench seat in ours, it is cut out in the center for the stick and the long shifter off the jerico fits just rite. You will ne believe the difference. Did you get the clutchless? Best of luck keep in touch.

Robert
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #33
55 Chevy

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Solid Motor Mounts - Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simpson View Post

Allan, we run the bench seat in ours, it is cut out in the center for the stick and the long shifter off the jerico fits just rite. You will ne believe the difference. Did you get the clutchless? Best of luck keep in touch.

Robert
Hello Robert

The Jerico is next years purchase. It will be the regular DR-4 and will not be the clutchless version. Debate will be what will first gear be. Either 3.19 or 3.29. Currently I have a 2.78 in the toploader which is not enough but it is the lowest they go. I am going to see if we can make the Long shifter work without notching the seat. Jerico says no but I made a bracket with the toploader that moves my super shifter to fourteen inches from the front of the transmission. The Long is not nearly as compact as the Hurst so we will see.

Allan
55 Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote