HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #41
Tod Lane

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Stupid Pit Tricks

Speaking of short ramps on trailers... this one was painful.

We had to crank the trailer jack up to lower the back of the trailer so the car wouldn't drag coming off. Well we cranked it up and everybody else went to get a hot dog or a coke so I go ahead and trip the ratchet on the tie down at the front of the car. You know, the car that is in park right...?

Well it wasn't, started rolling back wards pretty fast. When it reached the end of the strap the stitched end wouldn't pass through the spindle part so it slammed the ratchet shut, with my thumb in it. So now I have a 2650 pound car kind of hanging from my thumb. Didn't hurt for a second... To much pressure to release the strap, had to wait until someone pushed the car back up the ramp a bit.

It tore a big ole hole on the inside of my thumb, sort of pealed the skin back in three pieces. Went to the EMTs and they swabbed it out and said "Doesn't look too bad" and added "get it looked if it swells up"

Well went ahead and raced, it didn't hurt too bad driving the car, may have been adrenaline because went several rounds so we were late leaving the track. By the time I got home the thumb was hugely swollen and kind of an ugly blackish purple so the wife insisted I go to the hospital.

The emergency room nurse literally cussed me out, called me a damn fool for not coming in sooner. In my defense, we were going rounds.... She takes me into a room and opens a bag of stuff and dumps it on the table. She takes a wire brush looking thing, I figure she is going to clean her nails with it or something. Oh hell no... she starts scrubbing the wound with it! I am hurting pretty bad about now but being stupid I had to run my mouth, "Why don't you use a bench grinder, it would get to the bone faster!"
She looked at me and yelled back, "Whats the matter, NOW you worry about a little pain?"
She leaves and a doctor comes in and sees me hurting bad, "Didn't she numb that?" he asked.... "Man you must have really pissed her off!"

I know full well what the phrase "sticks out like a sore thumb" truly means
Tod Lane is offline   Reply With Quote