HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 12-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury
Default 2010 Top Dragster/Top Sportsman at Lebanon Valley

Check Facebook our new track manager is updating the info there and should be good but he is looking for input on it and he said go ahead if anyone wants to whine too he doesnt mind .....
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 388 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: 2010 Top Dragster/Top Sportsman at Lebanon Valley

Whos the "new" track manager?
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
lvd2340

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to lvd2340 Send a message via Yahoo to lvd2340

Wayne Delmonte, use to race in motorcycle and super and was also assistant manager a couple years ago.

Would racers in Top Dragster and Top Sportsman be interested in racing in the same class? Since i don't participate in either class i can't speak for u guys but i would think looking at it from a spectators perspective it would be more interesting to watch. They just started a Quick 32 Sportsman Series up in Canada last season, maybe something like that would work here? I'm sure Wayne would like to know everyone's opinion on something that we know will work and has a chance to succeed for years to come. For those interested here is a link to the rules, fees and points system that they used for the Quick 32 series up in Canada here it is:

http://www.quick32.ca/Team_Information_02_19_09.pdf
Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I posted something similar on facebook but I know some people dont see that

I think the td/ts combo is kind of a cool concept. However, just a thought. I know the idea of a quick 32 was tossed around at the end of last year. I dont know if this should be ruled out.

Why not try fastest 32 cars no minimum. If #32 is an 8.50 thats what it is. If enough fast cars show up and its a 7.00 thats what it is. In my opinion this would almost guaruntee filling the field. It would also add some excitement to qualifying for the simple fact that an entry fee doesnt guaruntee you the right to race you have to earn that spot.

Only issue I see with this is I dont know if it could be called top dragster or top sportsman. Technically if the class is called top dragster. Everyone regardless of ET would need -15 suits, top dragster license, diaper, pressure tested and certified lines, etc. If its called quick 32 then only the cars who run the et quick enough to need these things would need them.

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
SSTCamaro

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Technically wouldn't the class just be an advanced ET Super class?

DeVita Racing
SSTCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Anybody hear anything on the Quick 32 races?
Any rules, max ET (7.90 or 8.50 or ??), schedule????
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh I am gonna have to venture up and watch this - LOL. Maybe I will enter the Lincoln

Last edited by Michael Galofaro; 01-30-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #8
EVIL CLOWN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Re: 2010 Top Dragster/Top Sportsman at Lebanon Valley

You can count me in , i have been looking for another place to let my girl run her stock front frame nova in sounds like fun. Mike i hope we don't get you first round.see you at some real races this year . P.s you know its bad when rich beible old car can run top dragster. Sorry dude but i had to,
EVIL CLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury

AWWW Let the whining begin why cant we all just race and have fun if you dont like the programs that the tracks have then there must be a track somewhere that will cater to your needs have fun there we will miss you ..... not
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
Carl Juliano

Liked 59 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masracing View Post
I posted something similar on facebook but I know some people dont see that

I think the td/ts combo is kind of a cool concept. However, just a thought. I know the idea of a quick 32 was tossed around at the end of last year. I dont know if this should be ruled out.

Why not try fastest 32 cars no minimum. If #32 is an 8.50 thats what it is. If enough fast cars show up and its a 7.00 thats what it is. In my opinion this would almost guaruntee filling the field. It would also add some excitement to qualifying for the simple fact that an entry fee doesnt guaruntee you the right to race you have to earn that spot.

Only issue I see with this is I dont know if it could be called top dragster or top sportsman. Technically if the class is called top dragster. Everyone regardless of ET would need -15 suits, top dragster license, diaper, pressure tested and certified lines, etc. If its called quick 32 then only the cars who run the et quick enough to need these things would need them.

B.J. Masiello
I think this is the way to go for you guys, I speak from experience, my local track on L.I. (closed now) used to run a Q16, no minimum. You can try 32, but you may not get full fields,(if you do, you may have alot of slower cars) we used to have about 25-30 trying for the 16spots with bonus pts for the top 10 qualifiers. The cars that didnt get in got free entry into Super ET. Making it 16 will keep the field fast, the slow cars were 9.0's and 8.90's usually. The program was simply called Quick 16.
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote