HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Could a class war in Super Stock be re-established?
Yes, with the right committe in place 53 49.07%
No, not worth the work or whining 18 16.67%
Things should stay as they are and all hope is lost for a SS/AA class war to work 10 9.26%
I could care less 27 25.00%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #21
Aaron Keown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: True Class War: Pros, Cons, and Why

I'm pretty sure that is Kevin in the background,he was a guy who worked in our shop for a long time and always had a good outlook on life,he died not to long ago.
Aaron Keown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #22
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Instead of showing up for 2-3 days of boring practice, we should line up and run heads up class against class, then index against index. If NHRA doesnt want to organize it, get out our 5-cent CPU's(pencil) and do it ourselves!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #23
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

just a question from a fan.
do any hemi cars other than the 1968 darts and barracudas fit in SS/AA ?
I know about the SS/AH now but are there any other model hemi cars that run in it. thanks, chris
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #24
Conway Witten

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How many real HEMI cars were really made available to the public the HEMI guys at like that there was really a little old lady from Pasadena? I bet unless your name was Sox, Landy,or Vanke you couldn't get a smell of one. They were basically concept cars made legal just for drag racing just like Thunderbolts, L-88 and LS-7 Corvette, so really there is no difference. But why should NHRA care now? Chevrolet never made an aluminum open chamber headed 396/375 but it's OK now? Ford never made 428 Cobra Jets with Titanium valves but it's OK now? Ford can be represented by Shelby GT-500s but you can't run a YENKO Camaro of Corvette? Why not make all Muscle Car era cars legal for Super Stock or Stock?
Conway Witten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #25
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway Witten View Post
How many real HEMI cars were really made available to the public the HEMI guys at like that there was really a little old lady from Pasadena? I bet unless your name was Sox, Landy,or Vanke you couldn't get a smell of one. They were basically concept cars made legal just for drag racing just like Thunderbolts, L-88 and LS-7 Corvette, so really there is no difference. But why should NHRA care now? Chevrolet never made an aluminum open chamber headed 396/375 but it's OK now? Ford never made 428 Cobra Jets with Titanium valves but it's OK now? Ford can be represented by Shelby GT-500s but you can't run a YENKO Camaro of Corvette? Why not make all Muscle Car era cars legal for Super Stock or Stock?
Not all of the hemis went to big time racers.Local good guy (Queens N.Y.) racer George Baptiste has raced one since new.George is now 72 I think and has parked the car.If anyone sees him ask him about the way he concealed the ownership of the car from his wife.George is a real gentleman and a pleasure to talk to about the old days.

Ed F.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #26
Conway Witten

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There are exceptions to every thing in life, So!!!! What have you raced? Have you ever had your combination banned by a sanctioning body before? What have you raced? ED? Have you ever worked 16 hours a day 7 days a week on race cars? How many days have you ever gone without sleep working on your race car? I'm sure you have a response.
Conway Witten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #27
Mike Meier

Liked 40 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
There are exceptions to every thing in life, So!!!! What have you raced? Have you ever had your combination banned by a sanctioning body before? What have you raced? ED? Have you ever worked 16 hours a day 7 days a week on race cars? How many days have you ever gone without sleep working on your race car? I'm sure you have a response.
Oh boy, this will be a doosey.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #28
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Cool Re: True Class War: Pros, Cons, and Why

Quote:
You really dont want to get me started.But in the scheme of things in REAL life us drag racers are mearly
a pimple on a mosquitos balls.

Ed F

Where's Ed Obrien when I need him?.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #29
Aaron Keown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On a side note,has anyone seen or heard about the 50 new cobrajet mustangs ford is building for A/S,they are supposed to have a supercharged 5.4 rated at 400 hp and weigh 3300 lbs.I agree about all muscle cars being legal for competition also.Can you imagine a shelby cobra in SS/A.
Aaron Keown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:56 AM   #30
Stephen & Horace Johnson

Liked 148 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Keown View Post
On a side note,has anyone seen or heard about the 50 new cobrajet mustangs ford is building for A/S,they are supposed to have a supercharged 5.4 rated at 400 hp and weigh 3300 lbs.I agree about all muscle cars being legal for competition also.Can you imagine a shelby cobra in SS/A.

There is one thats goin to be in SS/A, ever heard of Evan Smith??? He should be done with his car by the end of the year and debut next year
Stephen & Horace Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote