HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #11
Mike Graham

Liked 299 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: AZ S/SS Poll (All DIV 5,6,7 racers please respond)

This series has a lot to offer. One thing to consider might be 1 high dollar race a year with a corresponding increase in entry fee. This might draw more cars. We wouldn't be opposed to an increase in entry fee to sweeten the pot.
Mike Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #12
GTS340

Liked 1,067 Times in 333 Posts

Where do I find the 2019 schedule? I live in Vegas so Tucson is roughly 300 miles. Be great to have a points chase and couple different tracks to visit too.It seems to me there are near 20 or more Stock Superstockers in the Vegas area alone. The only none NHRA combo race here is during the "Mopars at the Strip" race
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:58 PM   #13
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
Where do I find the 2019 schedule? I live in Vegas so Tucson is roughly 300 miles. Be great to have a points chase and couple different tracks to visit too.It seems to me there are near 20 or more Stock Superstockers in the Vegas area alone. The only none NHRA combo race here is during the "Mopars at the Strip" race
Paul, 320 to Wild Horse
430 to Tucson Dragway
I'll bet some of the Div. 5 guys travel farther than that regularly for their series.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:12 PM   #14
HawkBrosMav

Liked 276 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post

The schedule is posted down in our section in the "Association" part of Classracer. (Trying to play within the rules)

Also we post a lot of info on Facebook and have a page for the association: https://www.facebook.com/AZSSSA/

Jan 26th Wild Horse Pass
March 23rd Tucson Dragway
October 19 and 20 Wild Horse Pass

May have a rescheduled rainout from the 13th of Jan but haven't found a good date to reschedule.
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:29 PM   #15
GTS340

Liked 1,067 Times in 333 Posts

Thanks Mark It isn't that far for me I'm just not a facebook, chat line person. I barely use a cell phone. So finding a schedule that I can put on my own calendar will work. My sister lives in Tucson now so it surely would work for me.
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #16
Scott Loge

Liked 141 Times in 30 Posts

Good Evening,

For me personally would love to support more but just not in my cards right now. between work and family Tucson and Wild Horse are 700 plus miles.

Think the association races are great but all my work vacation goes to NHRA Divisionals or Nationals. You know the story quotas and all.
This may change once I get over the Indy fascination as National Events are not
what they used to be for Sportsmen.
Scott Loge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:54 AM   #17
GrapeApe7575

Liked 323 Times in 69 Posts

We need this concept to grow and for racers to get involved. IMHO, S/SS will disappear from NHRA in the not too distant future and folks will either decide to support something like this or park em for good. For me, I will go back to bracket racing which for the life of me I don't understand the hesitation by most S/Stk racers to lift their nose at.

I would like to see the AZ S/SS Association morph into the Western S/SS Assn and expand to at least an 8 race series covering tracks from Tucson to Redding.....or perhaps as far as Seattle if you could get the interest level up. Perhaps a North Division and South Division split just like the Pac 12 with the divisional champs meeting at Bakersfield(most centrally located) for a big dollar final.

If you could put together a committee of a few talented racers to be assigned the specific and sole responsibility for developing event sponsorships from local automotive and non-automotive suppliers. This could translate into a minimum guaranteed purse of $1000 per day for about a hundred dollars in the kitty.

It really needs to grow in popularity and participation or we are going to wind up with a bunch of $75,000 race cars relegated to that dreaded bracket racing....or more than likely a glut of ads posted on Racingjunk at $.50 on the dollar.

Lean on Kyle Seipel for ideas. His(and Pete's) success should not go unnoticed and it could be a partial model to make the association idea viable on a wider scale.

On the other hand....this all comes from a Mopar fanatic so you can take it with a grain of salt.
GrapeApe7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:42 PM   #18
Demon340

Liked 94 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Paul, 320 to Wild Horse
430 to Tucson Dragway
I'll bet some of the Div. 5 guys travel farther than that regularly for their series.
From Western Colorado, We make the trip to Vegas each spring to shake off the winter blues. My family enjoys the trip. Last year we had 4 cars at the Mopars at the Strip. My son and I running in the Stock /SS class, My daughter running in N/SS and even my wife running her street challenger. I am in favor of towing to more combo races in Vegas, when we can fund the cost. With the bad I-70 roads to the east, we would rather tow the 7hrs to Vegas then the 4hrs to Denver.

Larry
Demon340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #19
BobbyH

Liked 59 Times in 17 Posts

I love class racing,but my budget dictates when a how often I can race.Not only that ,but here in NM there are less than a half dozen S/SS cars, and we have to travel at least 500+ miles in any direction to class race.So that is my
retired situation.I love what you are doing and would love to attend/suport when I could......
Thanks,BH
BobbyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:42 PM   #20
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: AZ S/SS Poll (All DIV 5,6,7 racers please respond)

I'll be there this coming Saturday for your 3rd race, as I prepare for Pomona. However, I wonder if you have any ideal what the run order's going to be for Saturdays action, because according to Wild Horse Pass' schedule, our series is one of seven being contested that day, and it sounds like the first pass down the track won't be until 10am (per their "hot track at 10am" comment)? Hopefully, there'll be a pit area that'll have room for my operation that's close to most other Stock/Super Stock racers, so as to be pitted by familiar people/racers. I hope you keep your entry fee's as they are now at least for awhile (especially with having to pay gate fees on top of the racer fees)? Not unless or until we lose Stock/Super Stock in National/Divisional events, would I want increased fees (especially double what they are now), because although my budget is good, it isn't that good!

See ya Saturday, and thanks for doing this Matt and Brad!!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked