HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #11
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,254 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default Re: dead site

Not sure I understand what you mean about slapping people, then drinking a beer with them. I never banned anyone for posting, unless they threaten or abused other members. I did remove posts to stay on topic. Most bans are in the classifieds and they are temporary, usually just a week.

So with the horrible things I did, it caused the .90 section to die and even you as moderator with the many friends and influence you have could not bring it back. I apologize for my short sightedness and maybe things will get better in the future. As for your moderating privileges, I removed all moderators the first of the year from Class Racer for security reasons.

So I gave you the privilege of being a moderator of my site so you could stop me from overstepping my power. So if I came to work for you, and you being my boss, you would let me make the decisions for your business correct?

I guess you think Class Racer is community property and members should control the site. That's fine if you feel that way, but its not based in good business sense. Someone has to make the decisions, wright or wrong.

It is true the .90 section is not a busy as it once was, but the overall site has grown leaps and bounds over the years. My advertisers are very happy with the amount of traffic. Being just a mere mortal that makes mistakes, I am sure there are things I could improve on. I always try to be fair as I can.

Chris, telling me how to run Class Racer is like me telling you how to paint a car. If I painted a car it would look like I used a roller. The cars that I have seen you paint look great, and its obviously you know your stuff. Try not to judge what I do until you walk in my shoes. I would never presume to judge your business because I have never been in your type of business.

The car you were supposed to paint was a project car that I could not finish and went to another owner. I do appreciate what you and your dad were going to do for us on that car.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

We still like you Kenny.....see you this weekend.....

The superclasses don't have a lot of issues....except for payout and expense .....

So that's why there aren't a lot of topics to discuss....recently though it looks like we need to talk about safety....I spoke with Johnny D and he mentioned track conditions being poor inGainesville...Phoenix and Vegas.......why....what are they doing differently......?....

And is it time for mandatory head and neck restraints....nobody needs to get hurt doing this.....

What do you think ?
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,254 Times in 1,238 Posts

Thanks Rock, but being friends with me on this section might not be in your best interest.

Chris does not think much of me or Class Racer, and just look at Frank V, his comments speaks volumes. Who knows how many lurk in the shadows with opinions such as theirs. When I am the track, I am always wary that someone might want to inflict harm on me.

All kidding aside Rock, you bring up a good point about the .90 section.

I can't speak for Phoenix and Vegas, but Gainesville seemed to be okay for stock and super stock. I'm in your corner when it comes to safety, I can't say I like to ware all the equipment, but I understand and follow the rules with no reservations.

See ya at the 4 wide bud.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

Kenny

Obviously you dont understand me. you personally.... got no problem, this site a little but nothing big, no injury or pain is to be said to given to ANYONE, that is just stupid. I put up this topic to attempt to see how many people actually still come here to read. figured going directly to the users problem would strike a nerve and have them say something. possibly getting users to comment.

I have no ill will against anyone at the track, and I LOVE the fact that you are now responding under your name and not hiding under the "ADMIN" disguise

see u all at the races
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

Boy, I sure don't like that word mandatory, for everyone. There is nothing keeping you, from getting your head restraint for your self. I can understand why you would want one. Taking off like a rocket, then no acceleration, then taking off again and going about 160. Be nicer if the track was 100 percent, to where you didn't have traction issues. Oh I forgot, maybe slamming the brakes on at the finish line. To me it would be cumbersome, because 90 percent of the time I am looking for you guys in the mirror. I hope you have a good season ROCK. I have issues, and I have voiced my concerns with you,.but I am 1 out of a hundred. And I hope we all have a safe season. And I am trying to make my fuse longer so you guys can waste time after the burnout. Safe season for everyone, I hope. Steve Williams, the blue car.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #16
bigdaddy4026

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i was so glad when i found this site!!!i hope all you guys stay around for a long time!!! 6 months ago i bought my son a 1967 camaro that had been sitting for 18 plus years, i figured the only way we could be able to run at a big race would be to set it up for 10.90 and trust me i have no clue and will be asking plenty of questions! body work and cage are all done now. next to figure the engine trans combo i will use

aaron knight
bigdaddy4026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,900 Times in 644 Posts

I think its because everyone is now doing internet on their phones and not wasting time at home on the desktop. Its just to damn hard to do alot of typing on these things unless you are a 15-16 year old girl. They can throw down 70 words a minute on a top the line android or I-phone. Have no problem with the Admin. although he did ban me once, I was wrong didn't read the rules just thought I could do something I saw someone else do, kinda like high school I guess that's why I stayed in trouble. I said I was sorry he said he was sorry, well I don't think he actually said he was sorry but he reinstated me so close enough. I love the site, this is my facebook cause I don't facebook so everybody wake up and start posting. All you lurkers out there who haven't joined sign up and let's hear some b*--%ing and complaining.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #18
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I don't wear a head and neck restraint....I was only mentioning it because of the fatality we just had in Vegas....and a few racers have said something about it to me....we all need to voice our opinions on this one........an Steve...I suggest you add something to your routine...between the burnout and staging....just so it takes you longer...maybe tighten your belts and pull up your gloves....then we will be waiting on you...

Rock....from ZMax....
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #19
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy4026 View Post
i was so glad when i found this site!!!i hope all you guys stay around for a long time!!! 6 months ago i bought my son a 1967 camaro that had been sitting for 18 plus years, i figured the only way we could be able to run at a big race would be to set it up for 10.90 and trust me i have no clue and will be asking plenty of questions! body work and cage are all done now. next to figure the engine trans combo i will use
Most of the guys on this site will answer your questions....so don't hesitate to ask....
Old 04-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 183 Times in 79 Posts

Boys, Boys, Boys.. can't we all just get along??.. in my opinion, the .90 section has slowed down because it has been "Off Season" and most of us are trying to figure out how we are going to afford to race this season.. speaking for myself, I have always found this site to be a freat place to communicate and gather information.. recently though, I have mostly reading posts and if I didn't have something constructive to say, I said nothing.. could be a lot of racers are doing the same.. not really an issue big enough to start pissing in somebody's Cheerios over.. Ken and Chris will be at many of the same venues and there is no need for this type of tension, it distracts from a good time racing.. SO KNOCK IT OFF!!

Interesting that track conditions at National Events were brought up in light of the Vegas tragedy.. during the SG semi-finals in G-Ville, something definitely happened in the left lane.. one or two cars got out of shape and complaints were made at the Tech trailer before someone checked the track.. but there was almost a crash and it cost one driver his chance at the final.. I overheard a conveersation at the Tech trailer where it was stated that if you get out of "the groove", it's not our fault.. that don't cut it for me..

It's no surprise that there had to be something going on in Vegas for a SG car to crash, and then a Comp car to crash in the same lane right after.. I wasn't there, and don't know what went down the track previous to the crashes, but I think that someone is missing something.. we are OWED a safe race track..

The HANS devices are a great option, BUT, if you are in a topless car going 160 or better and happen to be upside or on your side sliding cage first towards the wall, I don't really think they will save your life.. just my opinion.. we DESERVE a safe race surface, no late rounds when dew might be setting in, and early racing starts only when the dew is gone.. and it's not too hard for the "over the wall crew" to check the track more often..

Just cause I'm just a SG racer doesn't mean that I don't deserve the same consideration that the Pros get.. after all I think my life is worth it.. but again, just my opinion.. LOL
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote