HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > Mid Atlantic .90 Association

Old 02-21-2017, 09:58 PM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts
Default 2016 Banquet Re Cap

Good Evening All,

Well, we can officially sign off on the 2016 Mid Atlantic .90 Season as we crowned the champions on Saturday Night in Trevose, Pa. A crowd of almost 140 people joined us for a fun night filled of special awards and crowing of our 2016 Champions. I hope everyone who attended had a great time. For those of you not in attendance we announced some great new things for 2017 that we will highlight down below. So without any further delay here is the news and notes from the banquet:

2016 Champions:

Super Comp: Chase Fahnestock
Super Gas: Don Knoblick
Super Street: Keith Mayers

Special Awards of the night:

Rookie of the year: Mike Lang
Wrench of the year: George Smith
Sponsor of the year: Autometer Products
Gary "Paps" Laird Driver of the year: Chase Fahnestock
Comeback of the year: Derek Clark
Distinguished Honor Award: Bob Keister

2017 News:

1. Well, as we said earlier this year the Christmas Tree trophy was being retired at the end of the 2016 season. The Christmas tree trophy was a great piece but, as time went on it seemed like more and more people were using them. So going forward I felt we needed something that defined the series and who we are. After some thinking and talking over with Michael Weney of S&W Performance group the brand new trophy was born. It is made similar to the "Pig trophy" with an aluminum laser etched polished finish with the logo and each one will have a personalized plate with the track logo and name of event (Pictured is the July event at Numidia). In conjunction with S&W becoming the sponsor of the trophies they will also become the title sponsor of the 2017 "Winner Circle". With Facebook Live becoming such a huge hit in 2016 it opened new avenues for sponsors so we will be doing "Live" winner circle interviews in 2017 and the S&W performance group banner will fly in it. A big thanks to Mike, Jill, Tom, Randy and the whole gang at S&W for jumping on board for 2017.

2. Let this be known and I know a few were confused after last nights speech about the 90 Nationals. MEMBERSHIP, ENTRY FEES, GATE FEES ARE NOT CHANGING FOR 2017, 2018, 2019...ETC. I work hard to get the sponsors on board to support you the racers to give you a great payout and perks. There will also be NO BUYBACKS at any .90 Association events for the foreseeable future. The 90 Nationals will have them but, as you will read below I'm a consultant with this event and my main focus is on the Mid Atlantic .90 Series and our 10 events..

3. We are proud to announce that VP Racing Fuels in conjunction with Road Runner Race Fuels will be back for our third year as the primary sponsor of the Mid Atlantic .90 Association. Road Runner Race Fuels is located in Mohnton, Pa and just a few minutes away from Maple Grove Raceway. Road Runner is a dealer and supplier of all your VP Racing Fuel needs rather you run gasoline or alcohol. Jeff, Kim or Kara Stricker can supply you with all your racing fuel for this season as we are approaching the start in only a few months. You can call Jeff @ 1-717-587-1693 to get on board for 2017. If Jeff isn't local for you, VP Racing Fuels has a location right on the outskirts of Newark, De that will supply you with everything you need. Remember even though VP isn't the major fuel of NHRA they still pay contingency money back to the Sportsman racers for running the VP Sticker & Fuel. So when looking over your stickers this season, put the correct sticker on and show your support and get PAID for running their products in 2017.

4. The championship t-shirts will go down to 1 next year with all three champions on one shirt. I sat down and looked at costs for the series and I have shopped around different t-shirt companies in the past few years but, in the end doing three individual t-shirts for everyone is not economical without upping your memberships or entry fees into the events and I refuse to do that. To take into perspective, we spent close to $ 8,000 - 10,000 per year since 2015 and the return on what we get back for those shirts are not even close. We were lucky this season that the champions and a few other racers bought a good amount of shirts but, in the end we end up having to sell them for 1/2 price at the following years banquet. So I hope everyone agrees with this decision and know that it's for the better of the association and hopefully we will be able to pass the saving onto you the racers.

5. The Series is set to roar back into action at Numidia Dragway for the 2017 season after an almost 4 year hiatus from the Central Pa facility on July 8th & 9th, 2017. Things kick off on Friday, July 7th as the series presents the first annual “Night at Knoebels Amusement Park” for those who arrive early. Track owner Bob Dimino will supply a bus to cart racers & families to & from the track so you don’t have to worry about bringing an extra vehicle for that day. Times have not been set yet as far as departure time but, you can visit http://www.knoebels.com to start planning the cool and awesome rides you will take on that night. Saturday, July 8th has an action packed day & night for the racers ahead of them. The Mid Atlantic .90 Series will kick things off in the morning with Race # 5 of their 2017 season and a guaranteed $1,500 awaits the winner of all three classes at days end. If 30 or more cars show up per class the purse goes up to $1,750 for the win. If you happen to lose early and don’t want to wait till the next day to erase that loss, Numidia will be having a bracket race later on that night along with Fireworks & The Jet Trains in honor of the July 4th holiday. On Sunday, the .90 cars return for Race # 6 of their season and once again a guaranteed purse of $1,500 awaits the winners in all three classes and the same goes for Sunday if the count is higher than 30 cars. Once again Numidia will be putting on a Summit Series Bracket race for those who want to get the best bang for their buck traveling up to the mountain.

6. The 90 Nationals makes its return to Atco on July 29 & 30th. Yes, for those that were in attendance got the long version for this event but, attached is the flyer for all to take a look at. I am not going to be in charge of this event but, acting more as a consultant on trying to get prizes and get races on board. I feel this is going to be a great event and for those attending the LODRS event the following weekend you will be able to leave your stuff at the track on the tower side or down in "THE HOOD". So take a look at the flyer and any questions feel free to contact DJ Balducci at dj@atcodragway.rocks

7. The Top 8 Shootout will return for the 4th year and as we all know we've had the event at Cecil County. A few have expressed to me saying the event is run a little too fast with it being such a hot day and for those going to the late rounds you don't have time to cool down. We could keep the event at Cecil on August 12th & 13th or move it to Numidia on July 8th as part of their fireworks show. Please e-mail me what you would like to see us do and I will make a decision. I will except e-mails or texts up till March 1st.

8. Last but, not least is something that we all need to do as an association and that is coming together as a group. I can only do so much as one person so we need everyone's help. Rather it's bringing in new sponsors, reaching out to old ones or new racers. If you see someone new to the series go over and chat with them, invite them over to the BBQ's, or never have run a race and don't know how to pay and help out of needed if you see them struggling. We need to bring some new blood and competitors into the association and show them how much fun it is and can be and were are not a whole bunch of go-stop-go jockeys. As always if there is something to want to talk about, come talk to me via text, e-mail or phone call.

Ok, I'm done. Thanks again and look forward to a great 2017 season that kicks off on April 29th & 30th at Atco. Info to come soon on that event.
Rob Keister
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16649265_1234522856664720_7033325389829644514_n.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	38335  
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts
Default Re: 2016 Banquet Re Cap

You can check out the Dragtime news for some more pics from the banquet. Thanks to Bob B. for always supporting the group over the years!!

http://www.dragtimenews.com/MA90A-dinner2017_p01.htm
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote