HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #281
fpcopo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Cornhusker Raceway Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiznlow View Post
Not sure if this photo was taken in the pits at Cornhusker, however the Buick Opel in the back ground was a regular at the track
That roadster was Russ Kelly's. Chassis built by Ron Bolz.
fpcopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:10 AM   #282
fpcopo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A little update, Chuck Cerveny of C&S fame is still alive and well. The C&S came from Cerveny and Warren Schehe sp? He still works on engines and transmissions for some guys. Yes he was very sharp on all things automotive, especially flatheads and Rochester fuel injections. The bronze Angelia was the Hahn Brothers car. Mike Hahn owns Herman Engraving in Omaha and is doing well. The Anglia went thru a bunch of owners, Bill Woods, Tom Grasso, Gregg Newstrom to name a few. I'm not sure who has it now but Tom Grasso would know or Mike Daly.

Last edited by fpcopo; 11-05-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:03 AM   #283
cruiznlow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Got some really cool news. Just found out that a car that was thought to be gone forever has resurfaced. The TENSION 57, raced by Don Stevenson in the mid to late 60s. Is in Denision Iowa. Tony Beam of Denision has had the car for the better part of 10 year's. however he only found out about the history of his car a short time ago. He was in the process of restoring the car to stock condition but he has shifted direction and the car will be restored to as raced in the late 60s. Great news TENSION will be at Old Geezers show & go next weekend. It will not be finished but will be in the show. Also got to chat with the owner of Inbomber 57, he might be interested in bringing back the car for next years Geezers, This would be awesome to see both cars go down the track side by side
TENSION will be on display at the World of Wheels this March
cruiznlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #284
BOSSMAN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
The only Anglia i recall is the one Mike Daughety flipped. I think it was green with sbc, 4. Speed. C gas. Now that I think about it...he might have crashed at Flightland...he put wheel spacers on the Anglia so he could put on Crager SS wheels and the spacer broke... It was a 301 sbc.
Does anyone happen to have any engine bay shots of this car? I recently acquired a Hilborn Injector that was sold to Performance Sales in Omaha according to the Hilborn build sheet. I believe this unit may have originally been on that Anglia (notes show for a 302ci engine w/ 4 speed). It was later used on a Front Engine Dragster of Herb Shelton / Jim Hicks. Looking for any info and especially pictures if anyone has any.
BOSSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:10 PM   #285
BOSSMAN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Sorry have not posted in a while. OI will get caught up on here soon, I have added tons of photos to the facebook group.
The Anglia pictured from this post is now our car. We learned that it was owned by a guy named Maun. It was blue and said Maun & Stroud on the door, had a injected SBF in it. He got us up to speed on his old car a year or two back. Having problems loading a picture on here for some reason. Ran up at Thunder Valley alot.
BOSSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:33 PM   #286
fpcopo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Does anyone remember a really nice 71 or 72 white Vega that ran E/Gas owned by Harold Babcock, Chrisman and Gigot? It had little Chevy bow ties all over it. They were out of the Kansas City area. I can’t find anything on the inter webs about them. I also remember Lee Shephard and Buddy Morrison ran the points meet in ‘73 at Cornhusker in their Maverick. They spent about 2 hours telling me exactly how to build the engine for my E/MP Camaro. Wonderful guys.
Liked
Old 01-27-2021, 07:58 PM   #287
fpcopo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad View Post
The 57 that comes down to MAM once in a blue moon is Dan Bruckner's old race car. I cannot recall the current owner's name, but I know he has had the car for over 20 years. I dont know if it still has a Ford engine in it.
I think Mike Ceroneowns it now. He’s had it for years. It’s a street car now and has a Chevy in it.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:33 PM   #288
fpcopo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Check out these photos from Cornhusker
Pretty sure the Mustang is Jay Dabney. That is a 69 Boss 302. It had very few miles and was turned into a drag car. Jay bought it new. His brother Max has it. Jay passed away a couple of years ago.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:52 PM   #289
fpcopo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sad news, Both Rich Mlnarik and Chuck Cerveny passed last week. Mike Daly told me Rich from Cancer at 75 and Chuck from Covid at 83.
Old 08-17-2021, 06:37 PM   #290
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 456 Times in 172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpcopo View Post
We raced Gary Hansen in 69 when the Roadrunner was still a street car with my friends 66 L79
Chevy II. We raced north of Dodge st on the interstate from Maple st south.
Did I win?