HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Old 09-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
dusterfinland

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default plymouth duster super stock reborn

hi,same one maight be remember this duster,now its back in race track after 15 years beaty sleeps car is in Finland.greetings. Antti
dusterfinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: plymouth duster super stock reborn

Welcome. Ever meet Niko Lindstrom or his dad? He runs a stock eliminator car in Finland. I know him from model building on the web.

Dale
Old 09-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts

I like big wheelies, Thanks for the link
Old 09-01-2015, 11:50 PM   #4
dusterfinland

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Hi,i know Niko and his dady,.I haw been told that my duster is Ted Flack and Edvard longhany old ride,if enyone knows history of the duster i am intrested To hear More.thanks greetins From Antti
dusterfinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:20 PM   #5
pfordamx

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

love the duster, but do you have any info on the amx in the other lane?
pfordamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #6
ChevelleStocker

Liked 31 Times in 2 Posts

Antti told me about this thread last weekend at the races and now I just found these two pics from somewhere on this ClassRacer forum. It's Ted Flack's Duster... Could this be the same car?

That AMX is one of the original factory made Super Stock cars. It's #41 and nowadays it's driven by an AMC enthusiast. The car is in really nice condition nowadays and runs 9.7 ETs regularly.

-Niko L
ChevelleStocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:24 PM   #7
pfordamx

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Thank you for the info on the amx it's always good to find another amc racer.
pfordamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #8
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 937 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevelleStocker View Post
Antti told me about this thread last weekend at the races and now I just found these two pics from somewhere on this ClassRacer forum. It's Ted Flack's Duster... Could this be the same car?

That AMX is one of the original factory made Super Stock cars. It's #41 and nowadays it's driven by an AMC enthusiast. The car is in really nice condition nowadays and runs 9.7 ETs regularly.

-Niko L
Cool photos, I couldn/t help but notice the 57 Ford station Wagon in the background of the AMX launch shot. Did American cars get sold new in the Scandinavian countries, or were they all imported years later. It seems that many US and Canadian Stock and S/S cars have found good homes in Finland and Sweden,( maybe Norway too)
Old 07-12-2016, 12:59 PM   #9
ChevelleStocker

Liked 31 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Cool photos, I couldn/t help but notice the 57 Ford station Wagon in the background of the AMX launch shot. Did American cars get sold new in the Scandinavian countries, or were they all imported years later. It seems that many US and Canadian Stock and S/S cars have found good homes in Finland and Sweden,( maybe Norway too)
Yep, American Cars have been sold as new here for a long time. Already before the World War II my grandmother's parents were driving American Trucks. And later on, lots of Chevy IIs, Valiants etc were used as taxis and of course they have been sold to the public as well. Though often these cars were pretty poor models with very few factory options and they were often 4D Sedans too.

Before the late '80s it was not that easy to import these old cars in here. Then the rules changed and in late '80s and people started importing rare cars and "Top of the line models" too. Nowadays American Car culture is quite big here in Finland and you can see rare unique cars in here too...Even cars that are very rare in the USA as well.

And many Stockers & Super Stockers are indeed imported from the USA as well. The '74 Malibu Classic I'm driving was built as a Stocker in the States in 1979 and was imported to Finland in late '80s too.
ChevelleStocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #10
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevelleStocker View Post
Yep, American Cars have been sold as new here for a long time. Already before the World War II my grandmother's parents were driving American Trucks. And later on, lots of Chevy IIs, Valiants etc were used as taxis and of course they have been sold to the public as well. Though often these cars were pretty poor models with very few factory options and they were often 4D Sedans too.

Before the late '80s it was not that easy to import these old cars in here. Then the rules changed and in late '80s and people started importing rare cars and "Top of the line models" too. Nowadays American Car culture is quite big here in Finland and you can see rare unique cars in here too...Even cars that are very rare in the USA as well.

And many Stockers & Super Stockers are indeed imported from the USA as well. The '74 Malibu Classic I'm driving was built as a Stocker in the States in 1979 and was imported to Finland in late '80s too.
If Hillary wins in Nov. you might be getting a lot of company in the future. Both are nice cars.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote