Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-04-2017, 06:17 PM   #561
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

Todd! Put a fork in it!
" The only way to argue with a Fool is to bring yourself down to his level!".

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #562
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
I would also like to know what this means, what exactly constitutes "too many classes"? How would a race weekend be better with the classes as you have described?
More heads up racing bigger class count for national events
Old 12-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #563
TommyPettigrew3076

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts

This is the black and white of it so to speak . You guys built cars for IHRA now its gone so you have two choices really . ( A ) Go bracket race your pure stock or crate motor car or ( B ) build a car that will run on an existing platform . Why do you want to race with NHRA that bad anyhow ? You built an IHRA only combo to begin with when you could have built a car to race BOTH sanctioning bodies . Now to address affordability thats not even a good argument because there are COUNTLESS soft combos to build to run that could EASILY run .6 to .8 under that would be under $20,000 maybe even 15,000. I bought my car for less than the cost to build the baddest stocker motor you can probably build and it was an EASY .9 under combo with the fast tune up in it so I wish the crate motor and pure stock guy would quit the EASY TO GET INTO , or INEXPENSIVE ALTERNATIVE crap statements . You want to run NHRA stock or Super Stock and can't afford it or don't want to afford it do what I did pick up a second job spend the money and build or buy a car that is a good combo for the class and quit whining that you want to come " play " with us with your crate motor and street car combos its irritating that this is even a debate . I want to be in a band but I only play the triangle. I am not down on Broadway begging the bands in the Honky Tonks to add a triangle player in the mix because I can't sing or play a guitar or drums! I don't have a person agenda against these cars per say I am a full hearted believer in do what you like but don't cram your interest down the throats of people or organizations that don't want them. I will admit YEARS ago I thought about a crate motor car might be a good idea but then again I thought at one time of voting Democrat we all have our Low points in life ( I don't care who you are that was funny ) lol

Last edited by TommyPettigrew3076; 12-04-2017 at 07:04 PM.
TommyPettigrew3076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #564
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
More heads up racing bigger class count for national events
How would the rule change create a larger car count?
Old 12-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #565
goinbroke2

Liked 174 Times in 60 Posts

This back and forth is one thing, but comparing a crate motor guy with a Democrat is offensive Tommy! Crate motor or not, nobody deserves to be called a Democrat!

Roflmao!!!
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:43 PM   #566
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
How would the rule change create a larger car count?
Just more cars in the weight break class. More chance for heads up. More cars for class eliminations
Old 12-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #567
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
The NHRA has too many classes in stock. We should go to 1 pound breaks and combine sticks and auto’s if they won’t do that, no reason to ask for anything else.
Agreed. I advocated for this (or variations) for years, but every time people suddenly became more interested in protecting their small pond than facing the possibility of more heads-up runs.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:21 PM   #568
Cdncarnut

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyPettigrew3076 View Post
This is the black and white of it so to speak . You guys built cars for IHRA now its gone so you have two choices really . ( A ) Go bracket race your pure stock or crate motor car or ( B ) build a car that will run on an existing platform . Why do you want to race with NHRA that bad anyhow ? You built an IHRA only combo to begin with when you could have built a car to race BOTH sanctioning bodies . Now to address affordability thats not even a good argument because there are COUNTLESS soft combos to build to run that could EASILY run .6 to .8 under that would be under $20,000 maybe even 15,000. I bought my car for less than the cost to build the baddest stocker motor you can probably build and it was an EASY .9 under combo with the fast tune up in it so I wish the crate motor and pure stock guy would quit the EASY TO GET INTO , or INEXPENSIVE ALTERNATIVE crap statements . You want to run NHRA stock or Super Stock and can't afford it or don't want to afford it do what I did pick up a second job spend the money and build or buy a car that is a good combo for the class and quit whining that you want to come " play " with us with your crate motor and street car combos its irritating that this is even a debate . I want to be in a band but I only play the triangle. I am not down on Broadway begging the bands in the Honky Tonks to add a triangle player in the mix because I can't sing or play a guitar or drums! I don't have a person agenda against these cars per say I am a full hearted believer in do what you like but don't cram your interest down the throats of people or organizations that don't want them. I will admit YEARS ago I thought about a crate motor car might be a good idea but then again I thought at one time of voting Democrat we all have our Low points in life ( I don't care who you are that was funny ) lol
This is the funniest post that I have read, on this topic, in the entire thread.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:10 PM   #569
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Just more cars in the weight break class. More chance for heads up. More cars for class eliminations
And I for one am here for class eliminations.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:43 AM   #570
Barry Polley

Liked 555 Times in 230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyPettigrew3076 View Post
TP, can you do Cow Bell? It needs more Cow Bell ! Great post btw...