HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #11
blkjack

Liked 51 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: Mufflers

Maybe if racecars had mufflers starting 50 years ago there wouldn't be as many racers with significant hearing loss ...hindsight observation
blkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:59 PM   #12
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Pacific Raceway has been dealing with this for years and has worked with the City of Kent and Washington State to keep the track protected. There are several homes - big ones - that have been built within the past few years within 100 yards of the staging lanes.

The track is on one end on a long sand and gravel pit parallel to SR18 between Auburn and Kent. The urban legend is that the Kent people tried to shut the track down and the business owner/track President, Jason Fiorito, told them that if he shut the track he would move his rock crusher over to the site and run it 24/7.

When they started their expansion the track cut trees from the buffer between the parking lot and sub division for rental garage spaces for racers. Neighbors took photos and complained about the tree clearing even though their homes are are on cleared land.

There is a sign on the ticket booth that reads "The Neighbors Do Not Get in Free"
Liked
Old 01-24-2021, 08:25 PM   #13
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts

Ask the racer's on Long Island if they would use mufflers now, West Hampton raceway used to be open, but the town got lawyers because of noise. Now there's no dragstrip on Long Island. You have to ask yourself this question, are you there to race or make noise while racing? I for one would prefer to race with mufflers than to have no place to race at all. Society is moving into areas that no one would ever think they would, so as racers we should adapt if we want to continue race. There's a lot of them and not enough of us.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:20 PM   #14
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
So here is a good one for you, I get a call for a Home improvement project because the guy is fixing up to sell his relatively new house. I get to house and ask why he is selling, the Trains are too loud, I look out window and train tracks are about 400 ft from house?
Here's a good one, I live about 1/2 mile from the tracks for N.A.D. Earle,where the fleet in the Atlantic goes for ammo.,the place has been around since WWII, well some whiners in the phony mac mansions cried and moaned, and now the engineers cannot properly blow the horn for the crossing on my road. To me, go the hell back to the cities you came from, enjoy; the drive by shootings, cop cars,& garbage trucks. John Kissel I almost forgot, they whine about the National Anthem played each day at 8:00 am being too loud

Last edited by John Kissel; 01-25-2021 at 05:41 PM. Reason: add info
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:41 PM   #15
House of Darts

Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts

FLASH-NPR NEWS- Elon Musk will be entering into a $15 million deal with NHRA to promote electric drag cars in all categories of NHRA racing. Looks like the internal combustion engine and flatulence from the racing community has sealed our fate. This will also be joe bidens 46th mandate.

Is it necessary to write LOL? Can't be too sure days.
House of Darts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:45 AM   #16
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Darts View Post
FLASH-NPR NEWS- Elon Musk will be entering into a $15 million deal with NHRA to promote electric drag cars in all categories of NHRA racing. Looks like the internal combustion engine and flatulence from the racing community has sealed our fate. This will also be joe bidens 46th mandate.

Is it necessary to write LOL? Can't be too sure days.

If Elon Musk is giving the money to NHRA they will just squander it. Musk would be better off to develop some electric race cars then get NHRA to develop a class for them to race. Once Top Fuel and Funny Car are gone or down to 8 car fields there might be some room for electric exhibition cars. I don't see electric cars racing in our classes for quite a while.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:05 AM   #17
Cbrinson47

Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Mufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by house of darts View Post
flash-npr news- elon musk will be entering into a $15 million deal with nhra to promote electric drag cars in all categories of nhra racing. Looks like the internal combustion engine and flatulence from the racing community has sealed our fate. This will also be joe bidens 46th mandate.

Is it necessary to write lol? Can't be too sure days.
puke !
Cbrinson47 is offline   Reply With Quote