HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-18-2021, 09:26 PM   #1
Joey Bohannon

Liked 61 Times in 21 Posts
Default Conway Witten needs our help.

Racing Family, Conway needs our help. Most all of you know his story and the condition his accident left him in. What you probably don't know is that there is a doctor in Florida treating stroke patients with a simple shot and great success. Conway's injuries are very similar to those of a stroke patient and the doctor feels as though he is a good candidate for this procedure. This shot is an expensive procedure and Conway is currently working full-time to raise money in order to get it. I thought I would bring it to his racing family's attention in hopes that we could all pitch in together and help make this a little easier on him. Please consider making a donation of any size the help Conway regain his ability to speak. Thanks so much for your consideration.

https://gofund.me/0301ee71
Joey Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:54 AM   #2
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: Conway Witten needs our help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bohannon View Post
Racing Family, Conway needs our help. Most all of you know his story and the condition his accident left him in. What you probably don't know is that there is a doctor in Florida treating stroke patients with a simple shot and great success. Conway's injuries are very similar to those of a stroke patient and the doctor feels as though he is a good candidate for this procedure. This shot is an expensive procedure and Conway is currently working full-time to raise money in order to get it. I thought I would bring it to his racing family's attention in hopes that we could all pitch in together and help make this a little easier on him. Please consider making a donation of any size the help Conway regain his ability to speak. Thanks so much for your consideration.

https://gofund.me/0301ee71
We must take care of other racers Conway is one please donate any amount lets get this fund up big time cause this is what other racers do for other racers
Old 01-19-2021, 01:11 PM   #3
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
We must take care of other racers Conway is one please donate any amount lets get this fund up big time cause this is what other racers do for other racers
a huge thanks to all who have donated I know for sure Conway appreciates by the way I always notice things but one person who always donates money to a racer cause is Jimmy De Frank of California Car Covers I have know them for a long time and they definitely support racers cause in a big way Thanks Jimmy and go easy on me if I have to run you again after all I am your elder .lol
Old 01-19-2021, 06:09 PM   #4
GrapeApe7575

Liked 323 Times in 69 Posts

Done! And shared to Facebook for any who have not seen this message.
GrapeApe7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-19-2021, 06:46 PM   #5
Dale Hulquist

Liked 339 Times in 72 Posts

Honored and Glad to help , I was thinking as I read this post that this could happen to anyone of us going to the next race, during, or returning home from the race. Donate if you can...
Dale Hulquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-19-2021, 09:33 PM   #6
Joey Bohannon

Here is a link to the treatment. It has had amazing results! Thank you to everyone who has donated, and please consider it if you have not.

Liked
Old 01-20-2021, 12:21 AM   #7
SS 230

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Is there an address available that we can send donations to?
SS 230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:06 AM   #8
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,628 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bohannon View Post
Here is a link to the treatment. It has had amazing results! Thank you to everyone who has donated, and please consider it if you have not.

Hi Joey. Thanks for posting the link

I was on the fence about donating or not for a controversial treatment. After watching this I decided it might just make a difference in Conway's quality of life. I did make a donation.
Many years back Conway and Mike Keown helped me repair my Super Stock engine between Bowling Green and Indy. Conway came by Mikes shop after work and helped thrash the heads and short block together. My donation is just a small thank you for his help.
This hit close to home. My dad died from complications from a stroke about 10 years ago. This treatment might have made the difference for him.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:58 PM   #9
Joey Bohannon

We are still needing a few more donations to hit the mark, currently we are at $8900 and with another $1200 in cash we are just short. We are talking about him having a chance to regain his speech......we are rarely given the opportunity to help someone with something this life changing. Please consider a donation of any size.

Thanks, Joe
Liked
Old 01-22-2021, 10:44 PM   #10
Rick Brown

Liked 44 Times in 7 Posts

As we have lost a LOT of the racing community over the last few years I watch the posts of many friends of our community and remember many of my days spent with my closest racing friends.
Although I never knew Conway close, I knew him as a competitor and watched Comp at that 1993 Topeka race, as I was then competing in Super Stock and won the event.
When this happened it really hit home as it was a real severe accident with a tight, fast barrel roll. When I received the video of the whole race it also included Conway's accident. It is still widely posted on youtube and there are several articles about him online by just posting his name.
I've been waiting to post as I wanted to bring attention to a community member that is still alive that we can help! I will be donating tomorrow so let's see if we can wrap this up tomorrow!
Thanks Joey for taking the time to do this, I wish I could have done it for those we've lost....... Have a great Racing Year everyone!!
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote