HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #21
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Just a question for Bruce, Travis, Danny or any NHRA TEC

We got torn down, found legal, and got horsepower in Chicago last year for running 1.20 under.

But another car that got a hit for our combination three times was never torn down until he tried for a record. So we got at least three bogus horsepower hits on our combo. And frankly it may even be more because I think my car is the only one in our combo to get torn down for 1.20 under.

So, now we are carrying more horsepower and weight, than is fair, based on the treatment of other cars, and combos.

Do I think we have a bit of space between where we started and should be now? Absolutely!

But at least let us race according to the same rules as everyone else.

If we run fast and legal and deserve the horsepower we take it, and don't complain.

But how fair is it to let an illegal car punish us time and again with HP. I say that you should make sure everyone is legal before the HP hit comes.

And if someone is illegal, and admits that he always has been that way, why don't the HP hits he got running that illegal engine all come off?

Good question Charlie Bob.... Let me know if you get an answer.

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 05-01-2012 at 08:19 PM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #22
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

just look at the Automatic Horsepower Factoring System (AHFS) explained,no where in it does it say that your car has to be scaled, have the fuel checked or go to the barn.it looks like the rules are the same for every one.you go to fast and you get hit.

http://www.nhraracer.com/content/gen...633&zoneid=132

Last edited by dartman; 05-01-2012 at 09:14 PM.
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #23
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Charlie, Your original question asked: "Just a question for Bruce, Travis, Danny or any NHRA TECH guys." You requested that any one of those NHRA tech gurus address the issues you brought forth.

Excellent questions, and questions that fairly BEG for an answer!

No one from NHRA has even hinted at a response of any kind. Maybe they didn't see it???

Hmmmm....

When I was involving myself in an obsessive, over-wrought, long-winded rant on this BB, I was chastised by several members demanding that I "pipe down!!!"
Their reasoning was that NHRA monitors this board closely, and what I was saying, while it may have been true, wasn't an appropriate change suggestion, because I wasn't running a "class" car, at the time.

But, the bottom line was, they were afraid that NHRA might take the time to look at my suggestion, (something that some of the Class Racer members didn't want to happen...) because NHRA actually DOES read this board.

Forget my rant; that's unimportant. What IS important, is that NHRA chooses to ignore this thread instead of answering Charlie's question, ostensibly hiding behind a tacit "oh... we never saw that!" excuse.

We know better.

Shame on NHRA for ignoring these questions that Charlie asked! They need answers.... NOW!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
Marine One

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Right or wrong, NHRA is like any other large company. Unless your position within the company is to cuss and discuss policies and procedures, you are not to take part in any discussion on any social media outlet that expresses their "official position" on a topic.

You might try the NHRA Technical Departments General Q&A email - tech@nhra.com
Old 05-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #25
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Where is their responsibility to their members/customers???

Is it beyond the capability of that whole staff of NHRA employees to respond to legitimate questions like that, in an open forum, that most people seem to think that they (NHRA) monitor, anyway?

Sounds like a cop-out to me.

But, when did they ever even attempt to do anything the "right" way???

Rant mode: "off."