HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Yo Ken
Administrator

Liked 557 Times in 35 Posts
Default Class Racer.com teams with IHRA for Summit Racing Equipment

Class Racer.com teams with IHRA for Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Spectacular

Norwalk, Ohio, June 7, 2011 – With the biggest IHRA sportsman drag race ever held less than a month away, the International Hot Rod Association and Class Racer.com are pleased to announce a unique and exciting partnership for the upcoming Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Spectacular July 8-10 at Maryland International Raceway.

In addition to acting as a partner in promoting the IHRA’s 40th anniversary celebration to be held at the famed Maryland facility, Class Racer.com will also sponsor the Super Stock and Stock racing classes at the richest sportsman race ever held by the IHRA.

“I’m excited about teaming up with IHRA’s Summit Racing Sportsman Spectacular events,” said Ken Miele, owner of Class Racer.com. “The class racer is always looking for events that cater to them and IHRA has done that with the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Spectacular events.”

Open to all racers, and featuring all seven IHRA touring classes, the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Spectacular events pay $5,000 to win in each class. All IHRA and valid NHRA memberships, licenses and chassis certifications will be accepted. In addition to the big payout, each event will award national event contingency and an IHRA Ironman. IHRA members who win their classes will also earn automatic entry into the Summit Racing Tournament of Champions in October.

“We are pleased to have Class Racer on board as a partner for the upcoming Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Spectacular. Class Racer is the go-to site for all things class racing, especially Stock and Super Stock, and to have them teaming with us to get the message out for this event will be a huge plus,” said Skooter Peaco, IHRA VP of Race Operations. “We are excited to be presenting the biggest sportsman drag race in IHRA history and to have a promotional partner like Class Racer will be invaluable.”

In addition to competition in IHRA’s regular Pro-Am classes, including the Class Racer.com Super Stock and Stock classes, the two events will also feature record payouts in Top and Mod and will include a large contingent of Junior Dragsters. Competition in Top, Mod, and Junior Dragster will be open to all competitors regardless of racing affiliation.

The first of two Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Spectacular events will take place July 8-10 at legendary Maryland International Raceway. The second event will take place October 14-16 at Virginia Motorsports Park.

Class Racer was started to give fans across the country a place to share their thoughts and experiences over 10 years ago. At the time there were not many places where racers or fans could go to talk about class racing.

Since then Class Racer has grown into the largest community for talk, live reports, photos and videos specific to class racing and the tech section has become a great tool for new and old racers. Class Racer is a forum dedicated to Class Racing and its community.

For more information on the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Spectacular visit www.ihra.com and for more information on Class Racer visit www.classracer.com.

About Feld Motor Sports, Inc.

Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy® Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Freestyle Motocross, and IHRA® Nitro Jam®. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts
Default Re: Class Racer.com teams with IHRA for Summit Racing Equipm

Ken, I think this is a great idea and hope you get support from all racers from both sanctioning bodies. I have been supporting IHRA more this year and really like the atmosphere and hospitality they offer. There is one thing that bothers me about this race and the one in Virginia in October. According to the IHRA website there are buy backs or re-entries for this race. Tell me that's a misprint. I think that could really hurt turnout and put a damper on the whole thing.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Matt Welker

Liked 67 Times in 14 Posts

On page three of the flyer:

"CLASS ELIMINATIONS:
Stock & Super Stock Class Eliminations are
based on the final qualifying position."

I'm confused since everything is listed as "class" and there are no "eliminators". Is there a payout, just a trophy/plaque, or something else for "Stock & Super Stock Class Eliminations"?
Matt Welker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,649 Times in 521 Posts

this is the only .90 races i will be attending due to the enhancements and circus life of both the HRA'S.... seems like a good race. nice to see classracer supporting these events!
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow Re: Class Racer.com teams with IHRA for Summit Racing Equipm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Welker View Post
On page three of the flyer:

"CLASS ELIMINATIONS:
Stock & Super Stock Class Eliminations are
based on the final qualifying position."

I'm confused since everything is listed as "class" and there are no "eliminators". Is there a payout, just a trophy/plaque, or something else for "Stock & Super Stock Class Eliminations"?
They usually have a class contingincy sheet posted at the tech trailer with who pays class win.
Also usually get a plaque....
The big money is on the final eliminations not class eliminations.

Unless this has changed ,My understanding there will be scales and fuel check at these events and heads -up in eliminations...
Old 06-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
Matt Welker

Liked 67 Times in 14 Posts

Thanks Danny. If anyone gets a class eliminations contingency sheet or finds an IHRA link before the race, please post.

-Matt

Last edited by Matt Welker; 06-07-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Typo
Matt Welker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,013 Times in 1,224 Posts

Greg,

It is my understanding that buy backs are for all classes. I am sure it was offered to help enable IHRA to guarantee the payout. There is no minimum entry requirement. I think this could become an event that class racers will support. I think we need to give it a chance, ideas and suggestions are always welcomed.

Skooter Peaco is always opened to suggestions and comments from the racer. You can contact him by email. fpeaco@feldinc.com or post your suggestion and comments here.

Matt I will contact Skooter and post here when I have the info.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Below is the FAQ's and should answer most of your questions.

SUMMIT RACING SPORTSMAN SPECTACULAR FAQ

Q. What license/membership/chassis certification will I need for this race?
A.You will need a valid IHRA OR NHRA membership/license/chassis certification that is normally required for your particular class and/or ET based on the IHRA rulebook.

Q. Do I have to be there Friday in order to race?
A. No. Friday is Test & Tune. Qualifying and Round 1 of eliminations begins Saturday so you are still able to work Friday and get to Maryland International Raceway in time to race.

Q. There is no way that a normal IHRA national event entry of $200 gets me in to run for $5,000. What is the fine print on paying $5,000 to win in all the IHRA “Classes”?
A. There is none. No car count minimums. If one car shows up in a class they will be racing an IHRA official in the IHRA truck (less the trailer…possibly) for the money.

Q. Is there contingency?
A. Yes. Nitro Jam national event winner and Runner Up contingency is available for the IHRA Classes, plus Top and Mod ET. See www.ihra.com/contingency for the full list.

Q. Can I run the same car in one of the IHRA classes and also run it in Top or Mod ET?
A. Yes, as long as you can do so without creating a delay in the normal flow of the event. .90 racers may run their throttle stops in Top ET as long as they dial their index. Mod ET allows the use of transbrakes and two steps for the Super Stock and Stock racers wishing to run the Mod ET class. (please see the event flyer for specific multiple entry details in the Top ET and Mod ET section)

Q. This is a Tournament Of Champions Qualifying race. What is that and who gets in?
A. The Summit Tournament Of Champions is the season ending head-to-head race for the national championship. Racers from across the U.S. and Canada qualify by winning a Nitro Jam or other TOC qualifying event or they have finished in the Top 3 in their respective division. Simply put, the best racers from this season based on their on track performances gather in one place to battle each other for the championship and the $10,000 championship money.
IHRA members that win their class will qualify for the TOC. You must be an IHRA member coming into this race in order to qualify. You will not be able to win the event then join IHRA to qualify.

Q. How does the re-entry process work?
A. Should you have the misfortune of losing 1st round, you may re-enter for $100 in any of the IHRA “classes”. Top ET is $80, Mod ET is $40, Juniors $20. This is for 1st round only. This is not a “buyback” where you automatically advance to the second round. Once 1st round is completed, we will run the re-entry round for everyone wanting to take another shot. Sunday will begin with round 2 of eliminations (everyone that won 1st round Saturday plus the winners of the re-entry round from Saturday night).

Q. How is Stock and Super Stock Class run?
A. Class winners will be determined by final qualifying position.

Q. How is qualifying done for the .90 cars?
A. By “package”. IHRA has a custom Compulink program for qualifying based on adding RT and closest to index. Red lights and breakouts fall to the bottom of the sheet.

Q. What are the max dial requirements for Top Sportsman and Top Dragster?
A. They are “All Run” fields. Top Sportsman has a 7.60 max dial and Top Dragster is 7.40 max dial with a wing requirement at 200mph.

Q. If I have more questions, where do I go to find the answers?
A. You can see the full event flyer at www.ihra.com and click on the Summit Sportsman Spectacular logo at the top of the page. You can also e-mail Skooter Peaco at speaco@feldinc.com or Mike Baker at mbaker@feldinc.com
Old 06-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Matt,

Class winners get a plaque. The contingency money is all on the main event finals. The contingency list for the main event is here:
http://www.ihra.com/Contingency/Post...gRacingSeries/

For NHRA members that have questions concerning the rules and the IHRA rulebook, you can view the rule book online at this link:
http://www.ihra.com/OnlineRulebook/

If you are NHRA legal, you will be IHRA legal.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #10
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

FYI regarding pants, racers need to read the fine print regarding 3.2A/1 vs.3.2A/5 pants...I ran into this with my Super Street car running less than 135...
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote