HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
Grant Eldridge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Schubeck parts needed -help appreciated!

Needed asap:- Schubeck chevy hydraulic lifter pushrod seat. The part I need is .511" diameter and .222" thick and is in the steel jacketed-composite insert lifter PN. 10001 made by Joe around the end of 2004. They are not all the same, I've found some that were built slightly differently compared to mine. My part is cracked in half, can't get anyone at Schubecks by phone or email, but need for race next weekend, Does anyone have new or used spares, parts from a failed motor, etc.that I could buy and have shipped overnight to get this back together? Much appreciate any help, I'm at 604-644-8485 or email at grant4060@yahoo.com Grant Eldridge
Grant Eldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Grant Eldridge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Schubeck parts needed -help appreciated!

Hey guys! 186 views and NOBODY knows anyone that might have some Schubeck hydraulic lifters left over from a destroyed engine? Maybe someone can at least give me a PM with contact info of someone I can try? Or the number of the guy rumoured to be back in production with these lifters? Or how to get in touch with Joe Schubeck personally? Does anyone know what actually has happened to Schubeck? Hope someone can offer a suggestion or? Thanks, guys....
Old 08-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
PJ305

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

B&B Machine (516-599-7182)
PJ305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #4
Grant Eldridge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks, everyone who emailed, phoned or replied! Special thanks to the racer who is sending me a pushrod seat from Louisiana, and the racer who sold me 2 spare Schubecks from Pennsylvania! You guys are great, with some thrashing I'm still hoping to make the combo race double header at Mission this weekend.

Ed, I love your cynical mind. You are right, of course. NHRA should never have opened this door in the first place. There's a long list of parts that are so far from my concept of "stock" and are so expensive that it's very difficult to afford to build one of these cars. So much for the "grassroots" of drag racing, the "backbone" of the sport, keeping it affordable for the "little" guy....
After my second childhood ends, I'll be eating dogfood in my old age thanks to this Nova...lol If NHRA does not allow rollers, next wll be the tool steel, DLC coated, modified for .010"-.015" travel lifters we'll all be buying and the exotic cam billets that they will likely need to survive. That's for under the tree this Christmas, for now I'm happy to be able to finish the season. God bless, everyone....