HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #21
BRINK

Liked 140 Times in 43 Posts
Default Re: Ya know.......

Another example why we need to reinstate the draft for this "wonderful" generation of jerk-offs.
BRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:43 PM   #22
bsimms89

Liked 37 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I went to a T&T at my local track yesterday. The place was packed! On my second pass, I am lined up against a "Kid" in a brand new Coyote Mustang. Nice, fast car. Now, I'm in a high 12 second,100 MPH car and this Mustang is an 11 second car (with a "Kid" in it).
If you think that this is going to be a heart-warming thread about an "Old Poop" and a "Kid" bonding then stop reading now. This "Kid" who is probably 100-150 feet in front of me in the shut-down area decides to take the early return road and cuts right in front of me without even looking!!! Try "slaloming" your Stocker sometime.
Uhh, I understand that without "Kids" we won't have a sport in a few years and I love the fact that anyone can go and buy performance cars again but,,,,,,,,,,,, a little common sense maybe? Or do we have to start having "How to Drag Race" classes and "Drag Racing Etiquette" seminars at the beginning of each race day?

OK, I'm done.
I've had a similar experience at a test and tune at Lebanon Valley last October, the track activated the tree and sent me while they had a car broken down at the first turnoff IN MY LANE as I made a pass of 8.56 @ 159mph, had to brake as hard as possible. I found the guy that broke down in the pits, he said the car on his inside turned off very slow so he had to stop then his car just died. I emailed the track to just to make sure they were aware what happened so it could be avoided in the future, the track manager responded to me that it's normal for them to send the next cars before the previous cars have exited at the top and and that it's the fault of the broken down car and he should've moved to the side of the lane. So I know how you feel, its not fun having to make a maneuver like that on the shutdown. I actually had a camera in my dash on the run:

My first thought was to move to my left towards the other lane, but they had lined me up with a motorcycle in the left lane who I was out in front of and couldn't see and didn't want to risk knocking the driver off the bike.
bsimms89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #23
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsimms89 View Post
I've had a similar experience at a test and tune at Lebanon Valley last October, the track activated the tree and sent me while they had a car broken down at the first turnoff IN MY LANE as I made a pass of 8.56 @ 159mph, had to brake as hard as possible. I found the guy that broke down in the pits, he said the car on his inside turned off very slow so he had to stop then his car just died. I emailed the track to just to make sure they were aware what happened so it could be avoided in the future, the track manager responded to me that it's normal for them to send the next cars before the previous cars have exited at the top and and that it's the fault of the broken down car and he should've moved to the side of the lane. So I know how you feel, its not fun having to make a maneuver like that on the shutdown. I actually had a camera in my dash on the run: .
Everyone makes mistakes, my guess is that reply could/would get their sanctioning pulled. I'm sure some lawyer is looking at this right now and thinking "Yeah, that track liability waiver they had him accept is worthless in this situation." If the guy next to you fell off his bike and got run over unconscious would it be his fault for not crawling off the track? This went from a teachable moment to an unacceptable reply.

Last edited by Bobby DiDomenico; 05-14-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #24
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Ya know.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRINK View Post
Another example why we need to reinstate the draft for this "wonderful" generation of jerk-offs.
Oh how I wished the Govt. would bring back the draft !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #25
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

For the past 40 some years now, everytime I go to a race and happen to see a young person ( male female,Black,white,brown,red,green) trying his hand at drag racing and I see him struggling or he doesn't know how to stage, leave on the light, I approach him slowly, complement his ride, I ask him if he or she minds me offering some help and if they can stand the help, I'll give it to them. 99.9% are so grateful that they come for some more.Nothing better than seeing them being happier after they've just deep stage their car and wholeshot their friends out of the hole.It's one of my nicest experience I've been lucky to share. Don't forget if you don't share it, it will be lost when you leave this earth.CR p.s. A small story, three years ago I was at my local track with my S/G S/St Vega and a man and two little boys approach me at the track, they were looking at the car, i asked the young man if he minded if I put his sons behind the wheel with the belts on. He said he was hoping that I would ... because I had done it for him, when he was 10 and also with his Dad. He said it was a great experience that he never forgot because I had started the engine. He wanted to say thanks.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #26
BG56

Liked 274 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
I've had a similar experience at a test and tune at Lebanon Valley last October, the track activated the tree and sent me while they had a car broken down at the first turnoff IN MY LANE as I made a pass of 8.56 @ 159mph, had to brake as hard as possible. I found the guy that broke down in the pits, he said the car on his inside turned off very slow so he had to stop then his car just died. I emailed the track to just to make sure they were aware what happened so it could be avoided in the future, the track manager responded to me that it's normal for them to send the next cars before the previous cars have exited at the top and and that it's the fault of the broken down car and he should've moved to the side of the lane. So I know how you feel, its not fun having to make a maneuver like that on the shutdown. I actually had a camera in my dash on the run:

My first thought was to move to my left towards the other lane, but they had lined me up with a motorcycle in the left lane who I was out in front of and couldn't see and didn't want to risk knocking the driver off the bike.
THAT should be unacceptable by the track (management).
BG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #27
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

I've done the same thing for a couple of youngsters on a test night. Now, they are both bracket racing, and one of them kicks my butt on many occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
For the past 40 some years now, everytime I go to a race and happen to see a young person ( male female,Black,white,brown,red,green) trying his hand at drag racing and I see him struggling or he doesn't know how to stage, leave on the light, I approach him slowly, complement his ride, I ask him if he or she minds me offering some help and if they can stand the help, I'll give it to them. 99.9% are so grateful that they come for some more.Nothing better than seeing them being happier after they've just deep stage their car and wholeshot their friends out of the hole.It's one of my nicest experience I've been lucky to share. Don't forget if you don't share it, it will be lost when you leave this earth.CR p.s. A small story, three years ago I was at my local track with my S/G S/St Vega and a man and two little boys approach me at the track, they were looking at the car, i asked the young man if he minded if I put his sons behind the wheel with the belts on. He said he was hoping that I would ... because I had done it for him, when he was 10 and also with his Dad. He said it was a great experience that he never forgot because I had started the engine. He wanted to say thanks.
cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #28
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

So, what is the turn off rule for your track?
cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:01 PM   #29
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 654 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:

That could have gotten bad real quick. You were paying attention and prevented a bad accident. Track should do the same
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:30 PM   #30
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 398 Times in 189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRINK View Post
No wonder most kids today want nothing to do with organized drag racing. You crying old men are pathetic !
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote