HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2024, 12:30 AM   #21
MW7670

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: combo killers

Combo Killer!!! Kinda sucks I helped the combo from horsepower at the end of last year adjusting the overall average to have 1 guy say F it the past two weekends in qualifying with nothing on the line. Not a class trophy Not a heads up elimination round. First two races of the year and the guy just doesn’t give a F.
This combo has never been hit with horsepower and it would be nice if all of us could keep it that way! I personally made sure to run between.85-.65 last weekend in Arizona not for some knuckle head to go out and F it up. We all spend tons of money and work hard on our S**T most of us for many many years not for someone to give little or zero F’s.

Absolutely Ridiculous just my two sense!!!
MW7670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-01-2024, 08:22 AM   #22
Herbie Null

Liked 286 Times in 55 Posts
Talking Re: combo killers

How can all these old carburetor combos' go this fast. Looks like the EFI cars need HP back, lol.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:03 AM   #23
Jeff Dona SS3269

Liked 54 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie Null View Post
How can all these old carburetor combos' go this fast. Looks like the EFI cars need HP back, lol.
Pretty sure we have a soft index problem in stock and SS . To many rule changes with no index adjustments.
Jeff Dona SS3269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:06 PM   #24
Paul Precht

Liked 224 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dona SS3269 View Post
Pretty sure we have a soft index problem in stock and SS . To many rule changes with no index adjustments.
It's too soft for some combos but not all. Too many rule changes that benefit some but not all.

Last edited by Paul Precht; 03-01-2024 at 04:22 PM.
Paul Precht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:42 PM   #25
Doug Hoven

Liked 752 Times in 146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dona SS3269 View Post
Not really sure how many rule "changes" have occurred since the indexes were last adjusted, but I think the leniency and absence of tech has caused the "index problem." Namely the "stock" heads and intakes that are deemed legal today versus what was deemed legal 15-20 years ago.
Old 03-01-2024, 01:53 PM   #26
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hoven View Post
Not really sure how many rule "changes" have occurred since the indexes were last adjusted, but I think the leniency and absence of tech has caused the "index problem." Namely the "stock" heads and intakes that are deemed legal today versus what was deemed legal 15-20 years ago.
Young man that’s not it
Go to a reputable engine shop and get the best stuff
Hard work and $
American It’s your $ choose where and how to spend it
And you have a fast car.
Also crying about the problem ain’t solving it
What done is done so you gotta adjust to fix it or buy more lead
Sort of like comp 😂
Old 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM   #27
MW7670

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

The original post was about 1 man destroying a combo for 25-75 other racers for No reasonable reason! The guy who started this post has every right to be upset. Let me go spend thousands of dollars this week to pick up a tenth and watch this guy go F it up over one weekend. Can’t fix S****d This post is Not about index’s not being adjusted , Not carbs vs efi, Not a combo that’s too soft etc etc. someone stated If I need to protect my combo then it needs horsepower. Thats completely untrue! more than 3/4 of the field is doing the same thing and has done it for years! Weight, Oil, bias ply tires, timing etc. to protect their own combo. The guy hasn’t even done it when it matters the most. A Heads Up late in a race for a trip to the final or a bye to the final etc. Not even a class final!! 🤦🏼*♂️
MW7670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-01-2024, 03:08 PM   #28
Jon Sarrett

Liked 136 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW7670 View Post
The original post was about 1 man destroying a combo for 25-75 other racers for No reasonable reason! The guy who started this post has every right to be upset. Let me go spend thousands of dollars this week to pick up a tenth and watch this guy go F it up over one weekend. Can’t fix S****d This post is Not about index’s not being adjusted , Not carbs vs efi, Not a combo that’s too soft etc etc. someone stated If I need to protect my combo then it needs horsepower. Thats completely untrue! more than 3/4 of the field is doing the same thing and has done it for years! Weight, Oil, bias ply tires, timing etc. to protect their own combo. The guy hasn’t even done it when it matters the most. A Heads Up late in a race for a trip to the final or a bye to the final etc. Not even a class final!! 🤦🏼*♂️
Back when I was building my Camaro, Warren whipped the 4th gen LT1 into 358 hp before I had my car ready for the track. Was I upset, yes! Did I come to a public forum and raise hell about it, no. That hit was wide spread and pretty much put the 93-98 LT1's on the back burner unless you can write some big checks! Some of you guys need to pull up your pants and tighten your belts! This is the sport we voluntarily chose to participate in. If you don't like it, go play croquet or shuffle board.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:13 PM   #29
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,623 Times in 1,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
I have been good friends with him for a long time. I will talk to him at Gainsville, so he understands better about the AHFS. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank the Lord you talked to him Barry OR it could have gotten real UGLY !!!!!
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 03:25 PM   #30
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Sarrett View Post
Some of you guys need to pull up your pants and tighten your belts! This is the sport we voluntarily chose to participate in. If you don't like it, go play croquet or shuffle board.
Well said and dead on with a zero.

If we decide to race stock, I promise I will kill the combo we run.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked