HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #21
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: How do we promote sportsman type racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Gezzzzz Rich.....Its because of those "GIZMOES" is one reason the spectators run to get a hot dog or take a leak. You used to run stock......Or is it because your to old to cut a light of shift the trans without help.....LOL? Theres a place for the .90 cars but its gotten way out of hand. S/S isnt any better with air/elec. shifters, trans brakes. long trans brake buttons, and 2 steps. I know we cant bring back the 60's but lets put the brakes on a little. Keep all the "toys" but get rid of the start/stumble, take off and you would see and large increase in a fan base. Ive sat in the stands and heard it over and over.....WTF....did he break or what?
I raced a Stocker this weekend. My old car, the present owner is my buddy and wanted me to run it. And I used my left foot and my right foot to leave the line. I went .017 red in round one. The car has e-shift, it's legal and makes driving it a lot safer. It's a wheelstander......When I raced it, I shifted it...and no I am not to old to cut a light.....with or without a delay box...Redlighting is always a possibilty if your trying to hit it hard....

How about you when was the last time you raced anything....

Last edited by Rich Biebel; 10-18-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #22
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
I raced a Stocker this weekend. My old car, the present owner is my buddy and wanted me to run it. And I used my left foot and my right foot to leave the line. I went .017 red in round one. The car has e-shift, it's legal and makes driving it a lot safer. It's a wheelstander......When I raced it, I shifted it...and no I am not to old to cut a light.....with or without a delay box...Redlighting is always a possibilty if your trying to hit it hard....

How about you when was the last time you raced anything....
2 weeks ago.......009, .013, .005, -.002 Red. Foot braking my 2010 Vette. Used the paddle shift instead of letting it shift it self. No it wasnt a 6 speed STICK. Still looking for a decent stocker. Just because I dont enter the un-holy alliance of the NHRA dosent mean I dont play from time to time. I do have my IHRA membership and stock number (#2269) and doubt I will ever have an NHRA membership and number again. The NHRA is NOT the only game in town.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 10-18-2011 at 09:53 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #23
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

I miss driving and miss the technology but recognize the deck is stacked against true sportsman racing.
#1 Profit is the motive of the organizations for their longevity.
#2 Sportsman racing of S and SS has become TOO advanced in a sense due to rule changes without concern for costs.
#3 It may be " luck" or sentiment which keeps these classes now. Our aged racers are decreasing.
#4 There is no power in the S and SS racing group to be used to change rules, change classes or even push actual "thoughts" to those who run the business at NHRA.
#5 Personal selfishness for advantages are hard to give up for the good of the overal group or eliminators.
Summary: A separate week end, A separate Association( ClassNationals style) IS THE ANSWER. Have the whole package of Announcer, Advertising, Car shows in town, TRUE factoring, or revert to MODIFIED classes instead of BOGUS HP classes.
Accentuate HEADS UP RACING portion of event with REWARDS for winning all out.

CLASSNATIONALS did work and can again...in more than one location. And with the advertising, Cruisin style advertising, and possibly bigger spectator Market could succeed.

Last edited by Dick Butler; 10-18-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #24
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

This year I've attented two divisional as a spectator,and if we are to separate pro's from sportsman racers I can already tell you who would be suffering the most. They have to allow more cars in the program and for class racers to stop taken themselves for the show, allow some bracket racing champions and local track racer at a chance to run at their races such as a Super Chevy or Ford,Dodge Chrysler Day, you need promotion. When was the last time you called your Divisional director and asked him if he needed help from you, such as showing and promoting your race team at the local mall. Great post Terry. Claude
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #25
MEXJOE

Liked 151 Times in 48 Posts
Thumbs up Re: How do we promote sportsman type racing?

This is good positive input!
We as racers need to not only sit down and type this stuff on here.
We NEED to act on our ideas.

Car shows are a good idea to let people know what we have to offer.

I found that having a large wheels up action photo of my car
got the minds of the people racing and wanting to come out an see
if this car will "REALLY" pop a wheelie!

Some remarks were...
(Daddy can we go see this car race?)
(Can I sit in your car and get a picture taken?)
(Wow! Cool! that car pops wheelies!)

I think some good close up action video would really help!

I also gave a ride to a potential sponsor ( just around the pits.)
But! It got him going, he loved it!

Glen DeMenge
MEXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #26
Blown68

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Promote is the "KEY" word.
Have you guys seen what happened last weekend @
SGMP: Radial Revolution, "No Mercy" - Oct. 14-16th

This was done by a promoter from Fl.
Make up a set of rules and have a Race!

Just my thoughts

Rob Striegel
Blown68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #27
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
2 weeks ago.......009, .013, .005, -.002 Red. Foot braking my 2010 Vette. Used the paddle shift instead of letting it shift it self. No it wasnt a 6 speed STICK. Still looking for a decent stocker. Just because I dont enter the un-holy alliance of the NHRA dosent mean I dont play from time to time. I do have my IHRA membership and stock number (#2269) and doubt I will ever have an NHRA membership and number again. The NHRA is NOT the only game in town.

Well Terry if you can hit RT's like that regularly you should get a car and race it. They pay money once you go some rounds....

I took the Stocker I was driving to the final round of a Pro Bracket gamblers race 2 weeks ago.......Split the purse.....put a little money in the owners pocket and mine as well.......and I had a lot of fun doing it......

I highly recommend driving a wheelstanding stocker......great fun...
Old 10-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #28
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Well Terry if you can hit RT's like that regularly you should get a car and race it. They pay money once you go some rounds....

I took the Stocker I was driving to the final round of a Pro Bracket gamblers race 2 weeks ago.......Split the purse.....put a little money in the owners pocket and mine as well.......and I had a lot of fun doing it......

I highly recommend driving a wheelstanding stocker......great fun...
Nope....Cant do it regularly.....LOL. Just was on a hot streak. Lots of .080's and .040's a few weeks prior. Just got lucky until the red light bit me. The air was cooler and the Vette was running low low 12's. Normally a mid and high 12 ride. OEM computers suck. I have driven my friends (yes I have some) mid to low 11 second crate motor stocker that does medium wheel stands. It runs 7 to 8 under so thats cool enough.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #29
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Terry & Alex, People look to you guys because they know you both can handle it because of the great race the USCN was. Could it be done today ? I have my doubts, first the economy sucks and sponsors are trying to hide now and second no one can ever agree on rules, you both caught enough flack last time this was brought up. If you both ever try again do it in private and then make your offering with rules in place, You dont need to pole everyone you both know what is right and what works. my 2cents
Old 10-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #30
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Smile Re: How do we promote sportsman type racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pagano View Post
Terry & Alex, People look to you guys because they know you both can handle it because of the great race the USCN was. Could it be done today ? I have my doubts, first the economy sucks and sponsors are trying to hide now and second no one can ever agree on rules, you both caught enough flack last time this was brought up. If you both ever try again do it in private and then make your offering with rules in place, You dont need to pole everyone you both know what is right and what works. my 2cents
Ahhhhh but we all were 10 years younger then . I had books, spec's, my own checking tools, etc. Borrowed a P&G pump and fuel checking equipt. from Bill Bader's IHRA. I sold a lot of my stuff when I moved and the new cars (Mustangs) need special checking tools Im told ????? Lots have changed yet some things stay the same. It would be a big big chore and by the way.....Alex did most (99.9%) of the work and took all the financial responsability. . I just did a job for him along with a few other car crazy guys such as yourself to make it happen. .