Old 01-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #21
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: D2 races to include 3 Unleashed classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
I don't understand?
It just means that everyone will have a pre determined index to run off of and a S/S or Stock, S/C, S/G, S/ST, etc. will run heads up (your class wont mean crap) but no breaking out like the way Billy Meyer screwed up IHRA many years ago. Be afraid.....Be VERY afraid of your high dollar investments over the next few years.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 01-16-2011 at 09:43 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #22
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Cool Re: D2 races to include 3 Unleashed classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Darren, if nobody shows up to watch the Alky cars, TD and TS cars, which are fast heads up cars, why would they pay to watch 10, 11 or 12 second cars?
Because the average fan (not all) is stupid and only wants to see cars running heads up to the finish line without a handicap start and without a throttle stop and 1000 FT shut off runs.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #23
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: D2 races to include 3 Unleashed classes

Must have happened while I was away running around in circles. Had not heard about that. As I have said, if everything holds out one more season I'll probably be done anyway.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #24
Daran Summerton

Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Ed I don't know, what I do know is Sunshine runs a once a month Heads up race. Usually 20,000 spectators and they had to clear more land for parking. As mentioned it is fun and AFFORDABLE. It's a shame but I don't give Stock Eliminator another 10 years, NHRA clearly is not going to adjust purses from 1980's payout lists. You cannot break even going 5 rounds anymore.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #25
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Unhappy Re: D2 races to include 3 Unleashed classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daran Summerton View Post
Ed I don't know, what I do know is Sunshine runs a once a month Heads up race. Usually 20,000 spectators and they had to clear more land for parking. As mentioned it is fun and AFFORDABLE. It's a shame but I don't give Stock Eliminator another 10 years, NHRA clearly is not going to adjust purses from 1980's payout lists. You cannot break even going 5 rounds anymore.
Maybe less than 10 years. Stock, S/S, and the .90 classed cars do NOT have a corner on the market to act as filler for the Pro car show. Less over head for the racing association and racers. It seems this stuff brings in more spectators.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #26
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Back, because some racers called me and told me I should go read this post. My post about Unleashed and the NHRA got me so much criticisum and even had my post moved to another section of the board. Well I knew it was coming, just didn't really think it would be this quick. This news may be why NHRA is holding the release of their Unleashed schedule.
Heads-up 10.00, 11.00 or 12.00 second racing is not bracket racing all 5, 10, 20 or maybe 60 cars in a 11.00 class will all be heads-up to the finish line with no putting on breaks. And there is a brake-out go faster than your class index and your out.

To the comment about being glad it is not in other divisions, just wait until the first event and the spectators and racers show up. The tracks will get on the wagon.

What a suprise, yes NHRA and IHRA "legal" stock and superstock "class" cars are running NHRA Unleashed, Pass Time and were alway running at the Pinks All Out races.

Boy will it be something if the stands are packed "with stupid spectators" when they call the "Unleashed" cars to the starting line. Would not be a big suprise to the folks who have run this type of race with Pinks All Out in front of 30,000 to 40,000 "stupid spectators" for the last 3 years all over the country. Did everyone really not think that NHRA and the track Owners were not taking notes when an NHRA national event completed with a lot of empty seats and "Pinks All Out" shows up a couple of weeks later and there is standing room only for two day. Need a reference, contact Z-Max Dragway Management and talk to them.

Oh, I know some on here have been been cheering that "Pinks All Out" is dead and gone. Little secret, it will be back "with the grass roots" format that drew so many cars and the crowds of spectators.

W'll see you at the division races and from what I have heard since this hit the board there will be a lot of cars that will be running in the 10.00, 11.00 and 12.00 classes. I will guess that there will be more cars for the "ally"in these classes than most of the other classes in the event.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #27
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

You smoking that crap again?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #28
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: D2 races to include 3 Unleashed classes

Well ,i'm ready if it comes to that . I got a 12 flat motor and a 13 flat motor. Man ,just think ,i won't have to weigh or fuel check.... This will be my plan B.......
Old 01-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #29
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,707 Times in 853 Posts

Apparently their entry will be $100 to run for $1000/400 so S/ST will pay extra entry to run for less $ and we will pay extra for identical purse ( don't know what kind of contingency program they will have). Everyone has to decide for themselves but sounds like S/ST is getting kicked to the curb and others will follow.

Out with the good motor, in with the bracket motor but geez I hate the dumbing down of class racing, so much for performance based racing.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #30
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Thumbs down Re: D2 races to include 3 Unleashed classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny waters sr View Post
Well ,i'm ready if it comes to that . I got a 12 flat motor and a 13 flat motor. Man ,just think ,i won't have to weigh or fuel check.... This will be my plan B.......
Id rather have a 32 or 34 Ford street rod to play with than this. Dont need a big azzed truck, motor home, and trailer to have some fun.