HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #51
mopar jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Did you get caught and what happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reimer 7376 View Post
I had a mishap at Pomona during the '88 Winters.I had a blue 66 Chev Bel Air 2 dr post car running in P/SA, 3690 lbs with driver minimum. We ran two time trials on Thursday and Friday, one Saturday morning, then round 1. After the Saturday time only, the car weighed 10 pounds over, so I figured I'd put gas in it after first round. Prior to that, the car was heavy, but getting lighter, as it used five pounds of fuel every run.Paired up, ran the round, won first round. Went across the scale, it said five pounds light. Weighed again,same thing, yer OUTA here!! I knew the car didn't use fifteen pounds of fuel in one run, but it taught me to be sure I was 20-30 pounds over prior to a run where weight was going to be determined afterward. It was approximately 60 degrees when we first ran that day, and about 80 when we ran first round. Also, what percent of 3700 pounds is 10 pounds? Scales can fluctuate, always be ready in advance.

Maybe it's a P/SA problem. I have ran into this same dilemma, but only lost a qualifying run from it. A 15lb swing with my car is not uncommon.
mopar jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #52
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: Did you get caught and what happened?

Man, after reading some of the deliberate attempts to fudge the rules regarding weight and things, makes me wonder about some people.At least my problem 12 years back was an honest accident. The issues regarding weight are interesting,because it was an effort by some to make the car weigh correctly, just not all of it contained by the weight box as per rules. I heard of a lead shot bag that escaped during a run spilling lead shot about 500 feet out. It wasn't hardly visible to the naked eye on the asphalt of the track surface, but the alcohol funny cars next out sure found it. Lots of them went up in smoke at the 500 foot mark, and a few almost climbed the wall until they stopped the session, checked the track and found it. Sounds like all kinds of no fun.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote