Shawn Blair

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: A new idea for the Super Stock GT Class

That is just plain STUPID!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #22
Colin Wigle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A new idea for the Super Stock GT Class

I believe that the GREEN move will eventually be the biggest battle for motorsports as we no them. Maybe a good proposal would be E85 or pump gas as an excepted fuel for s/ss.
With all the combined classes in stock makes for some great racing lots of heads up! Super stock could use some of that.
I think the proposal is too watered down and insulting to all the OEMs. There are many classes for such combos. (Super pro)
Old 04-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #23
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Colin said”
"Think the proposal is too watered down and insulting to all the OEMs"

I can address the oems comment by a good friend Colin . let me look at the oem Blocks , ok let me see the Bow tie block never was a production block in a chevy > the Mopar Blocks with the Mopar part number were never a oem block in a production car and I just may be right but the some fords blocks being used these days were never a production block in a car , humm I will ask Robert Pond if his block was available in a production car ..

Shain Blair said "That is just plain STUPID! "
Explain this comment I am confused about this ?

X tech man said " think Im gonna PUKE !"

why would you not be concerned about the future of Super Stock racing > i am confused about this comment also

GTO said Please, lets not allow those car into Super Stock !!! They have been infiltrating everything.. Lets keep it limited to American Cars. Thanks to them we are Losing Pontiac next year... What next?? "

i say what part of a new GTO was build in the USA ? I am also confused about this comment

mark said "Don

You have way to much time on your hands..
Don says "right "..

FYI all just needs to know all I care about is Stockers and Super Stockers

Now in this discussion so far no one has answered any of the questions I have asked?

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 04-29-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:00 AM   #24
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

[QUOTE=Don Kennedy

X tech man said " think Im gonna PUKE !"

why would you not be concerned about the future of Super Stock racing > i am confused about this comment also

Its not that we dont have enought car bodies to build.....The problem is where is the new blood going to come from??? Its the drivers/buildrers/engine builders/and so on and thier AGE that is "killing" the stock and S/S classes. That and the fact that NHRA and IHRA does NOTHING to promote the class. Adding foriegn car bodies wont cure anything. That and the fact that its way to expensive for the younger generation to just jump in and play. Most of the young drivers today are off spring of all of us old farts from the car era of the 50's and 60's and early 70's. The young people want less BS (tear downs) so they run the 90 classes and they get to go fast without all of the BS that goes with a class car..

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 04-30-2009 at 05:05 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #25
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AND I supose YOU invented the Front to Rear Wheel Drive Coversion cars also??????.. YOU have been reading your own Press Relases and now beleive THEM???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Ok I see some issues. I now have to ask the question about the present cars like the GTO in pro stock or any of the last two to three years car models is where are they build?

The next Question I need answered is will the American car companies in the Future really care about performance?

The next question I have to ask is where will the new racers come from?
Or what type of car would they like to race?

Where is any money going to come from to support Super Stock racing?

Where is the Money going to come from to support NHRA sportsman in the future ?

hmm there are NO American car companies now or in the future going to support the performance end of Super stock in my opinion heck they may not even be around as we used to know them

Why would anyone be scared of the new body styles?

The American engines will be in the new body styles,especillay since there are no engines even remotely known in the foreign cars for any specs or power ?

I remember well when i wrote the GT rules and submitted them to NHRA in the early 80's via thru Zimmerman to Dave Danish there were the same concerns about Super Stock racing then (look at the results of my action a very sucessful GT racing class)and Now i say we must move forward or be left behind for ever.

FJ a new surge in car builders building race cars .

another question I just about bet a huge amount of cars and parts of cars are being build out of the USA . We can do nothing about it any more so we must adapt.

Last edited by BlueOval Ralph; 04-30-2009 at 07:18 AM.
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #26
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts

It seems as though the import craze may have began to die down anyway. With the abandonment of the NOPI series and the NHRA sport compact series, I don't think there is enough for anyone to worry about.
As far as I am concerned, for the most part, these guys and girls like to come run their cars on test/tune and or street nights, or import nights. The tracks that have alot of these cars in their area already have races set up to cater to that crowd. Infact, they probably make a good sum of money on it.

These people are into NOS, electronics, and stereos. Not normally aspirated SBC's.

Usually, these guys come with a car full. I seriously doubt they will spend $35-40 per day to pay admission to get into a track, or come to a three day race where there is alot of downtime. (IE no concerts, bikini contests, stereo crank competitions, etc). I am not putting anyone down, I just think it is a different crowd.

I seriously doubt there are too many younger people out there that want to put a V-8 in a datsun, or whatever, search for the parts, fabricate all the adaptors, and spend the money to make it run. It is just a different generation.

My opinion, these cars don't have a place in super stock and I don't think anyone will have to worry about it.
This downturn in the economy will pass, American autos will make a comeback and this past couple years will just be another page in history and economic books.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #27
Fred Popov

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Dodge Challenger and the Chevy Camaro are both built in Canada so I guess they are Imports .....At least the Mustang is still built in the USA. Oh yea, and these Toyotas and Nissans that most still consider to be imports, actually most of them are built in the USA by employed American people.
Fred Popov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #28
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Ralph Blue oval : said "AND I supose YOU invented the Front to Rear Wheel Drive Coversion cars also??????.. YOU have been reading your own Press Relases and now beleive THEM???"

Poor ralph has nothing of substance to add or discuss the subject so he begines to attack personally which is funny to me .

Don says:I think not sure but FJ Smith I believe was the first one to build a front wheel conversion Super Stocker after the new GT classes rules were approved by NHRA. FJ was the pioneer of the front wheel conversions and build a lot of Super Stockers since then . I sumitted a notebook with the new GT rules . i received a lot of help from other racers when i wrote the rules and am Glad NHRA accepted them ,and now you know the rest of the story no big deal

Terry (x-techman said "Its not that we dont have enought car bodies to build

Terry the new cars are heavy as far as weight . (see weight for the fords ,camaros and the challengers)Clay Arnett said the weights for these cars is
Mustang GT500 3,920lb
Camaro SS 3,860lb
Challenger SRT8 4,140lb

Chris 1529 You have some good comments and I hope this happens Chris said"This downturn in the economy will pass, American autos will make a comeback and this past couple years will just be another page in history and economic books"

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-01-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #29
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Opps looks like we now have a foreign company in Drag racing

President b o announced Thursday a merger between Italy's Fiat and stricken US auto giant Chrysler, which is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy after debt-restructuring talks collapsed.

Now what ??? to all those who are against any foreign company in Drag racing hmm interesting

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 04-30-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #30
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The grudge type racing at the local tracks usually get a lot of young people out. They just don't want to race with shoe polish on the windows because its not drag racing. If you have to cross the finish line at a predermined time its not racing its just a timed contest.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote