HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: A new idea for the Super Stock GT Class

This is an idea i have been thinking about for a long time. The reason to do this are many and could just about help everyone involved in Super Stock racing as well as NHRA .

New Blood in using the new bodies .Even the ricers would like to run a rear wheel rice car in Super Stock with a real American engines of their choice

Will the American factories be around in the performance end of autos in the future is something to think about

Could the World Auto companies be used to produce more income for NHRA in even pro stock

Would this idea open up a whole new financial package for racers in building race cars, in sponsoring racers and even sponsoring events.

This idea is so simple all NHRA has to do is approve the body styles with the weights and the rest of the GT rules will apply , and are in place already such as HP on engine combinations and specs.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #12
SPS

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Don:
Don't know what you're smoking, but when you fell down, you hit your head!

American cars and American engines, Period.

FJ
SPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #13
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Don;
The sooner you come back to reality and face the fact that the car companies,NHRA,IHRA to a point,
spectators,some sponsors,local governments and some racers couldn't give two *hits about S/SS racing then you will realise that we are on borrowed time.In time NASCAR and other forms of motorsports will
go the way of the dodo and carrier pigeon.Something else will come along.
I didn't race much in the 60's but I saw enough to he happy I lived through times we will never see again.
Not beating on you,I enjoyed the few telephone conversations I've had with you.And I think the world of Katie.At a certain point in life we just have to chasing our past.

Ed
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #14
Mark Markow

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Don:
Don't know what you're smoking, but when you fell down, you hit your head!

American cars and American engines, Period.

FJ
x-2!!!!!!!
Mark Markow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #15
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Don,

I wish you well on your thoughts, but I'm still waiting for the import lovers to prove in stock eliminator that they're as good as "Car and Dipstick", plus "Consumer Retards" thinks they are. There's only one import that has chosen to run with either of our categories, and I applaud Scott for bringing his 9sec Toyota out to play with us Detroiter's...I actually found out who he is although he appeared wanting only to see who I was, and talk to the fellow racer that was hanging out with me in staging prior to a Fri. aft run at the Jegs Pacific Sportsnationals...I wanted to make his acquaintance, but did he mine??? Oh, and btw, just in case anyone may have taken humor by my cars failure to start a second time after another car caused me to have to shut mine down in the burnout box, the problem child (my starter) was the original one placed in the car when built back in '85-'86, so it was about time...I just wish it didn't have to be at that time!

I take back nothing I've said in any previous posts I made about foreign products, because I'm still waiting to see Toyota Tundras hauling inclosed trailers with race cars, etc. in them...or Toyota Tacoma's towing 2600lb race cars on a 1600lb flat-bed car hauler, like my Chevy Colorado (with an inline 5cyl engine), has done since 2005, and they have a supposedly more powerful V6 engine than my 220hp 5cyl, or the newer (2007 and up) models 242hp version!!!

I've looked in the stock car class guide to see what import makers have cars that could run in stock, and they're the '06-'07 Honda Civic's (with manual trannies), and the '91 Mitsubishi Mighty Max truck (either manual or auto). So how about it you import lovers who own those types of vehicles...where are they??? I'm calling you out...as the movie "The Warriors" said, "come out and plaaeeaaay"!!!!

Bottom line Don, I think you're dreaming...but what good is living if you don't have dreams, right???
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #16
GTO/GN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please, lets not allow those car into Super Stock !!! They have been infiltrating everything.. Lets keep it limited to American Cars. Thanks to them we are Losing Pontiac next year... What next??
GTO/GN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #17
Gordie Kissner

Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts

I'll pass on the foreign cars, but how about the great ole american wagon in GT!! Could somebody tell me why wagons aren't allowed in GT?
Gordie Kissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #18
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO/GN View Post
Please, lets not allow those car into Super Stock !!! They have been infiltrating everything.. Lets keep it limited to American Cars. Thanks to them we are Losing Pontiac next year... What next??
I couldn't agree with you more bud, but I can't blame the products themselves, as much as I blame our government for rolling out the red carpet for them....by doing things such as lifting the tariffs that once were charged to all imported products (even when there was proven evidence that free trade went one way in Japan, by a Washington envoy to Japan..circa 1991 Associated Press), or letting them build manufacturing plants here in our country so as to free themselves from the tariffs by calling their products American (since they were built here)? Yeah right, built with parts that were imported from their true country of origin---the LAND OF THE RISING YEN!!! Furthermore, I would blame those millions of people who seem to feel that no-longer can their "Fellow American's" design, engineer, and build quality cars and trucks for our everyday usage---imagine telling your sons and daughters that because they are Americans, they can't produce a usable product as good/better than the Asian & European countries can...that's essentially what those of them who patronized (then/now) those companies instead of ours have done!!! I personally challenged a Washington spokesperson back in the early '90's who dared to come out to one of my communities schools to have us parents steer our children to service oriented jobs, because the manufacturing base was going overseas!!! WHAT A COPOUT!!!
I'll BE DAMNED IF I WAS GOING TO TELL MY CHILDREN THAT CRAP!!!

I'll tell you this, if I would've won a decent part of that mega-million lottery from last year, I sure would've tried to revitalize the "Timex" watch/clock company, and/or our former American tv makers "Zenith", "Magnavox", or "RCA"...remember them???

THIS COUNTRY WE LOVE DIDN'T BECOME SUCH BECAUSE OF "MADE IN JAPAN", OR ANYWHERE ELSE, "AMERICA EXISTS BECAUSE OF MADE IN THE USA", AND AMERICAN PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ME!!!!

Now you all know another reason I feel the way I do about imports...that's my take, what's yours???
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #19
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Ok I see some issues. I now have to ask the question about the present cars like the GTO in pro stock or any of the last two to three years car models is where are they build?

The next Question I need answered is will the American car companies in the Future really care about performance?

The next question I have to ask is where will the new racers come from?
Or what type of car would they like to race?

Where is any money going to come from to support Super Stock racing?

Where is the Money going to come from to support NHRA sportsman in the future ?

hmm there are NO American car companies now or in the future going to support the performance end of Super stock in my opinion heck they may not even be around as we used to know them

Why would anyone be scared of the new body styles?

The American engines will be in the new body styles,especillay since there are no engines even remotely known in the foreign cars for any specs or power ?

I remember well when i wrote the GT rules and submitted them to NHRA in the early 80's via thru Zimmerman to Dave Danish there were the same concerns about Super Stock racing then (look at the results of my action a very sucessful GT racing class)and Now i say we must move forward or be left behind for ever.

FJ a new surge in car builders building race cars .

another question I just about bet a huge amount of cars and parts of cars are being build out of the USA . We can do nothing about it any more so we must adapt.

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 04-29-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #20
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: A new idea for the Super Stock GT Class

I think Im gonna PUKE !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote