Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 459 Times in 174 Posts
Default Re: Things are changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Granrt View Post
I got all yall beat, I fussed at my daughter cause her husband(my son-in-law) wouldnt change his own oil. She got on to him and he changed it. Now I got to rebuild the transmission and the motor. He crawled under it and drained the transmission fluid and added 5 quarts of oil to the motor. So transmission lasted about 2 miles and motor lasted about the same amount. The motor like to have caught on fire as oil came out of the dipstick tube and got all over hell and creation. Enough of yalls **** about lazy people. Im going back to changing her oil. cant stand the help. He didnt know they had a oil filter or he would have left it off
reed

reed
Sorry Reed, but that is funny. My oldest Son-in-law (who should know better) saw the power steering fluid level was way low in his F-250. So.............he filled it with brake fluid. OOOPS.................note: these things seem funnier when you don't have to pay for them.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Told my son over and over again about checking the oil and having it changed. I guess he figured it was a closed loop system, melted the engine into a lump of aluminum while driving up a long hill on the way to visit his girlfriend. This time he had to buy the new car on his own dime.

When I got there they both blamed it on the hill.......it was too steep! Mind you this was a 6 lane highway not some mountain goat trail!

Sad!

JimR
Old 07-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #13
Jim Wahl
Banned

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Red face Re: Things are changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by treessavoy View Post
And that is why Stock and Super Stock will never survive in the coming years, no one cares about cars like we did !

JimR
We are a dieing breed! No doubt. Jim

Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #14
Reed Granrt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by treessavoy View Post
Told my son over and over again about checking the oil and having it changed. I guess he figured it was a closed loop system, melted the engine into a lump of aluminum while driving up a long hill on the way to visit his girlfriend. This time he had to buy the new car on his own dime.

When I got there they both blamed it on the hill.......it was too steep! Mind you this was a 6 lane highway not some mountain goat trail!

Sad!

JimR
Crap
I gotta make sure I keep my son-in-law away from THAT dman hill
reed
Reed Granrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
Bob Hochrun

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

THe son didn't know how to check his oil, so his father told him where to look, 20 minutes later he found the dip stick on this 1998 camaro. The boy came back and said it was low. The father told him to add a quart and recheck it. He obtained the oil and asked his father how to put it in. The father told him to go into the trailer , get the funnel and put the whole quart in. The son came back and told him the funnel was to big. The father asked"what color is it", son replied red. This is the funnel to fill fuel for the race car, used the smaller one. The kid replied "oh okay". The kid came back and said " the black one was to big as well and it made a big mess over the engine". The father at this point could beleive it took this kind of effort with a college degree kid to figure this out. So he went out, got the funnel that the kid used and was going to show him how to put it in. The kid shouted "dad stop thats the same funnel i used and it made a big mess and took a long time to clean it up I dont want to clean up another mess"!!!! The father said" are you nuts I'm not going to make a mess". The kid said " ok dad go ahead you'll see" The son was amazed when the father removed the oil fill cap and not the dip stick to add the oil.
Bob Hochrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #16
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,455 Times in 1,695 Posts

Have you guys noticed who the new cars are being marketed towards?

You have retro styled Mustangs , Challengers, Camaros, ....PT Cruisers, HHR suburbans,
even little Fiats