HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts
Default Check out this traffic ( Shale Oil coming)

Big oil has hit our state...Its coming from the northeast and working its way south. Many ,Many meetings @ meeting halls around the state as property owners are lured into contracts with oil company's. Lots of guys that I work with have some decent amounts of acreage and are licking their lips. These company's are paying several thousand dollars an acreage to just lease the rights to the oil.Then if they happen to hit the shale oil/gas,,, its big, big money...Up north some of the banks are going out of business as the first thing the " little guy" does when he gets some money in his pocket is pay his house off. There are going to be many Rich people out of this deal....Its going to take a couple years to get in full swing,but the papers are full of info on it everyday. Halliburton just bought land here in town to move their business into.Here is a clip of some guy in his front yard watching traffic caused by a local drill site. Imagine trying to get out of your driveway........Remember ,we have to keep the Politics OUT of this

Old 04-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Check out this traffic ( Shale Oil coming)

You think that is traffic? Try negotiating through NYC at rush hour. And I hear the loop around Chicago is a mess 24 hours a day with the truck traffic.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Jeff Niceswanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by art leong View Post
You think that is traffic? Try negotiating through NYC at rush hour. And I hear the loop around Chicago is a mess 24 hours a day with the truck traffic.
Hey Art how are you doin over there?. We have been in that crap on the way to Chicago Nats a couple times....So glad I live in Slowtown... People probably feel the same way when NHRA shows up in town for a national event. Right?

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 04-09-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Jeff Niceswanger

Now they are building a new facility......

http://news.google.com/news/url?ct2=...id=top-stories
Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
property owners are lured into contracts with oil company's
"lured" = offered a free market value, which they are free to accept or decline?

Quote:
Up north some of the banks are going out of business as the first thing the " little guy" does when he gets some money in his pocket is pay his house off.
What banks are solvent solely due to home loans held by potential oil land lease holders? How does a bank go out of business now for interest payments not received in the future? Banks will have increased liquidity, increaasing their ability to make loans *and* investments. It would also stand to reason that the homeowners would also now be able to keep more money in savings, checking, and CD's.

Quote:
There are going to be many Rich people out of this deal....
Interesting capitalization.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
tj310

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's a busy small Co. just around the corner from me that makes the big fittings to hook up gas wells. Ships stuff around the world mostly Alberta. ----Trevor
tj310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Jeff Niceswanger

Hi Michael

You would have to live down here in the woods and go to some of these town hall type meetings..I don't have the article at hand on the banks, but the small local banks that made most of their money on old higher interest loans are going out of business. Living in Ohio I'm surprised you have not read it in your local paper. Big banks not so much, but the community banks ,not good...
My Big Brother John has been out of work for a couple years and last month got on at one of these expanding oil company's.He has been doing work for them a couple days a week for a little over a year, and they put him on full time because of all this drilling coming to the area. I'm just relaying what he is getting first hand.
And like I said ,the guys in my local ( land owners) are trying to be VERY careful in not getting took. Many ,Many lawyers in the area from many different oil companys trying to get you to " sign on the dotted line". These guys are not versed on their rights. they have no idea of what is a good deal and what isn't. Kind of like you going up to some little old lady with a mint 63 split window in her garage that her husband left her .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
"lured" = offered a free market value, which they are free to accept or decline?

What banks are solvent solely due to home loans held by potential oil land lease holders? How does a bank go out of business now for interest payments not received in the future? Banks will have increased liquidity, increaasing their ability to make loans *and* investments. It would also stand to reason that the homeowners would also now be able to keep more money in savings, checking, and CD's.

Interesting capitalization.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach

You would have to live down here in the woods and go to some of these town hall type meetings..I don't have the article at hand on the banks, but the small local banks that made most of their money on old higher interest loans are going out of business.

So they were overcharging for their loans? where was Obuma on this? Maybe those banks should have joined a union ...

Last edited by Chuck Beach; 04-13-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Chuck Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
Jeff Niceswanger

TSK...TSK.....Watch out Chuck!!....We will get wiped out........But you know what ..We have tried to get them to sign cards, ....Just kiddin....
You going to Indy? We are going to put this new combo on a chassis dyno Tuesday to do the WOT fuel maps...If It Lives through it, I'll see ya over there...Jeff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Beach View Post
You would have to live down here in the woods and go to some of these town hall type meetings..I don't have the article at hand on the banks, but the small local banks that made most of their money on old higher interest loans are going out of business.

So they were overcharging for their loans? where was Obuma on this? Maybe those banks should have joined a union ...
Old 04-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach

Yes Jeff, I am planning on going, but it all depends on the weather. Good luck with your new combo .... take care