HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #91
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What about STOCK ?

stockracer,,,using a 2 step with a single line lock works great,,did it for years and won loads of cash, even had to use a line lock in a rear engine car one nite when the trans brake went out and got lucky and won in s/pro,,,matter of fact used the same method on an altered,,,and won with it ,,,,it only has one issue,, but thats another story

again,,this isnt about cheating or hidden items....most every topic on this board always comes full circle to the Fletchers,,,Biondo`s or winner of the week,,,cheating,,,,,,,,,I would personally be very disappointed if anything illegal was ever found on those cars,,,,,those guys are good and I think have the respect of 99% of all class racers and probably 100% of all bracket racers
tgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #92
LouisJeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Re: What about STOCK ?

Apparantly there is some misunderstanding how two steps are being used in Stock. Ed O'brien hints on it but doesn't explain totally. Racer X stages his or her automatic Stocker as any traditional respectful racer would, left foot on brake right foot on gas pedal but with the exception of holding finger or thumb on their button. At some point right foot goes to the floor and engine rpm's rise to a set rpm.Which will not overcome the brake pressure. Then racer X releases the button, rpm is no longer controlled and racecar launches. Without moving left foot off brake pedal. Absolutely No different than a transbrake. So any delay device that works on a transbrake can be put between the button and the twostep signal wire. I know Ed has been saying this for two years people just have not paid attention. Louis Jeffery 3225 Stock
LouisJeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #93
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Wink Re: What about STOCK ?

Ed, unfortunatlly by the time I got my "proof" it was too late for any action to be taken. Not only that but NHRA could care less about the FWD cars, you know that. You got away with it that time. However I do have the proof and I don't hesitate to show anyone who wants to see it. The powers that be are aware of the incident, and know the truth. That is all I care about. What ever they do is up to them, that's not my job. You are a cheater, that has been proven. You will continue to cheat I'm sure, and when you are caught red handed I will just smile and say "have a nice day Ed". Until then you remain a sad, pesky, poor excuse for a human being, and that is something everyone here does know. Have a great day. Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator

Last edited by Jim Wahl; 08-12-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:41 PM   #94
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Red face Re: What about STOCK ?

Oh Ed! Is that the best you can do? My Spirit has been torn down 4 times in the 3 years I have owned it and at least that many when Artie owned it in Div.1. How many times has Mike's Lebaron been taken apart? You got questions Ed? Jim Collins and Brian Bachelder have the answers. Give them a call. We will meet again some time. Bring gaskets! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:58 AM   #95
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What about STOCK ?

ed,,what your saying could be done,,but why would you do that??? Dont know if most if you here have ever used a delay,,but about the only way to be consistent is ,, hit the top lite as hard as possible,,,,,Dont know if alot of you know this,,,but alot of tracks have cameras that point directly into the car near the tree,,,or at least brutons tracks do,,,,,at Bristol,,,you can read the guys shirt and watch him pick his nose in the tower,,,,(Ive seen that),,,,,,,,,,,,

so if what your saying is true,,,,you would have one hand on the fake button,,,,the other one on a real button and litely holding the brake,,,,,,doing all this while gently releasing the button,,,,so tech or tower couldnt see and then just before car leaves release fake button,,so it looks real------ED thats BS ,,,,,,,,

the way the 2step/button is used is,,,,racers are buildiing items to look thru to block everything on the tree so all they see is the bottom yellow,,,,,,,,after both cars are staged,,,they move their head or look thru this item,,,all they see is the bottom yellow,,,,,when they see it,,they go,,,,,,,,depending on what their reaction is,,,,,they adjust their 2 step or button OR 2 step and button to set up for a .015 or better,,,,,,,,,,,,,now it works perfect,,,,,,,,,,,it works perfect BUT you need a quick reacting car to do it,,,,,

we got a guy, at our local track,,,,(dont want to mention names) that does this without 2 steps and buttons and his getting pretty good at it,,,,only thing bothers him is nite time reflection,,,,,,,one of the cars his does this in is a 11.00 (1/8) suburban,,,,,he has it set up to leave on the second flash,,he is always .020 or better,,,every pass,,,,,

now you can still use this method without the 2step/button,,but it is alot harder do get everything set,,and their isnt as much adjustability on the footbrake

my fuss is,,this option isnt available to a slower car,,,just wont get out of the lites quick enough and thru some testing of my own,,,,car needs to 60 ft at least 2.40 or slower to use this option leaving on the second amber,,,,,,,,,,

a freind of mine has a slow stocker and Ive been trying to get him to try blocking on the second amber,,,,,Im sure it would work BUT he would have to leave in second gear to do it and he is dead set against the electronic help of the 2 steps and buttons in the car,,,,,,,any of you that are reading this and have slow cars should try this blockng method out of second gear,,,,Im sure with some testing ,,it would work
tgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #96
LouisJeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: What about STOCK ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch man View Post
without moving left foot off of the brake pedal????? tried it, the brakes drag and slow the car down on reaction and 60 ft have you tried it???? please be honest, if you have not tried please dont spectulate on this....
Yes, That is how we run a F/SA car. Very consistant 60 ft. 1.43 - 1.44. We obviously Do release the left foot as the car launches but the initial reaction is button only.
LouisJeffery is offline   Reply With Quote