HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Div and Nat's,,,why do you race ?

Ok so with all the other hub-bub on increases, speeds, etc. figured I'd ask...please answer honestly, and lets see how the fun starts ?

Since we can all agree (I think) that the vast majority of us arent racing Div and Nats for the prize money ( at a D 1 race I think you have to win 4th round to just cover the racer entry), why do you race them ?

Is it the Pro-Tree ?

Is it the actual racing ?

Is it the partying ?

Is it the Wally (especially for those who dont have one or more yet) ?

Or for those who dont race them or want to/going to stop..

Is it really the entry fees ?

Is it too much time sitting around and not racing ?

Is it just that its getting old, all the BS, long waits, crazy scheduling, etc ??
Old 12-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Div and Nat's,,,why do you race ?

And since I started it I'll answer first..

I have Wally's sitting on my trophy case, and at first it was certainly about the Wally..and of course the partys

Now its just too long waiting around doing nothing, and the total cost vs reward..

I want to spend time racing, and since I'm like everyone else I have a finite amount of funds and vacation time to use on racing, I would nowdays rather spend it racing day races, weekend races, but racing....going down the track more than once in two days, and on a regimented schedule...I still like the partys...

And if it means that I can spend 350 to race three days in a row with three races, rather than spend 305 and race very little for 6 days, I'm ok with that...
Old 12-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

I am getting old and how many more years will I have good health and be able to race? How long will it be, before the environmental people shut NHRA down for EPA violations. I race for the work and exercise and building my motors and putting the car together. and getting in the thing and having a blast going down the track. The one thing that ticks me off at the track is when I get there on a Thursday, and the racing don't start till friday and one guy in one motor home has the whole area roped off for all of his friends and friends of friends and other people whom he really dont have nothing to do with and I cant park my rig there. This just happens at one or two tracks every year. And the people most of them are ---------. Or they dont have it roped off and they tell me I got to move. But I am a D.A. and I move and I keep going because one of these days I may not be able to go racing due to health or something else, and until that day get here I will deal with the --------- at the track and do the best I can to defeat the people who have all the advantages of location and equipment. I love to race. Hope to see you there and I hope your are not a -------! And I don't party at the track. I go back to the motel and cool off and get away and prepare for the next day. When I get beat I leave as soon as I can to get back home.

Last edited by Maverick; 12-17-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
roseracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We race because we like to do it and we have fun as a family. Racing 3 cars isn't always easy, but we all have fun.

The reason we race "NHRA Div & Nat's" is because that's all we have around here (although the closest race is 4.5 hours from home).

We used to have a track (Scribner, NE) that was about 60 miles from us. That's where I (dad started racing a long time ago) began racing the Super classes and really enjoyed the divisional race that they had there once a year. So, from that, we decided to race all the divisionals in D5. Then Scribner closed and all we have now is a little 1/8 mile track about 2 hours away and a 1/4 mile track (IHRA) about 90 miles away (and they don't have a pro tree class). But that's it. So, our options are to race the divisional events and a couple nationals like we've been doing for the last 10 years.

Thanks,
Brad Rose
Rose Racing
roseracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
frank v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i like hanging out with you Dave. I also go to get away from my wife.lol
Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Div and Nat's,,,why do you race ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Steltz View Post
Is it the Pro-Tree ? Yes

Is it the actual racing ? .90 stop racing YES

Is it the partying ? Always & Friendships

Is it the Wally (especially for those who dont have one or more yet) ? Not the biggest thing in the world once you have gotten one, at one time it burned a hole in my stomach I wanted one so bad.

Or for those who dont race them or want to/going to stop.. n/a

Is it really the entry fees ? Not really, just the perception of being jerked around to put it mildy

Is it too much time sitting around and not racing ? Yes these days

Is it just that its getting old, all the BS, long waits, crazy scheduling, etc ?? All the negative above creates this feeling.
my.02
Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, some will think this is odd but I do go to the Div races to race and spend time with friends that I only see at the track. Being older, I like the time between runs instead of the rat race of time runs then 15 min later going to 1st round. Must be an old people thing. Did the National thing one time and that was enough...
And I do enjoy all the party's at the track after racing is done for the day....
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

I agree Bob... I miss seeing all of you guys and gals.....
Playing after the day is done is great, The racing is the most fun.
I watch all the classes when i am at the track.
I doubt i will be building another car anytime soon..... NHRA has wrecked racing as far as i am concerned. It sucks that greed got in the way of racing.
If i do not like the game or movie..... i leave.
When the game changes i will come back. If it changes?
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #9
JMatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not necessarily in order:

1) I like pro-tree racing with side-by-side starts and finishes decided by thousandths.
2) Don't know any other places to run SG in the midwest.
3) I like the quality of people I meet at divisional and national events.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #10
kenny v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to kenny v

When I ran my first pro tree I was hooked, then it was the Wally ,Money and the parties met some really nice people doing this and wouldn't change it for anything but now I would have to say I only do two or three div races and some MASGA and NESSA races. Just can't see spending all the money on gas, tolls and fees. The people and the parties are the same at the other races and it keeps a little money in my wallet.