HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default Bounder, cruise won't work

Have a 2000 Bounder MH diesel pusher, cruise won't set haven't really looked into anything yet just wondering if anyone knows of common issues? BTW the fog lites don't work either....maybe share a fuse? Worst problem I see with these MH's is lack of wiring schematics. Joe
Old 07-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts
Default Re: Bounder, cruise won't work

This may sound crazy but check the adjustment on the brake light switch under the brake pedal---had a similar issue with another brand MH awhile back and readjusting it (switch) solved the problem---FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
buzzinhalfdozen

No doesn't sound crazy at all, this veh has air brakes I looked for a brake lite switch inside but see nothing. I'm assuming it has either an electrical switch or an air operated switch but have yet to find it. The brake lites do however seem to work correctly (not staying on) maybe it has a second switch IDK. Not a big deal, but planning a trip to Sturgis and it's quite a haul for us so thought it would be nice to have it working. Joe
Old 07-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
FED 387
VIP Member

First look at the vacuum pump area many connectors in that area that over time either corrode or work loose-Second check the brake switch which I already suggested--Third check the stalk and if necessarey pull the steering wheel should be some (5-6) small (fine)wires coiled up in there these tend to break after time the especially with the age of your MH the insulation becomes brittle--- you might have a Ford or a Dana cruise unit---next if you need to replace it cuz your vehicle is obsolete and many parts are no longer available try looking at a I believe it is a "King" cruise control unit they make aftermarket kits you might be able to make work--- Fourth --check all light bulbs any burnt out or not as bright as others might give a "false" reading and make the cruise not want to engage --- Some thoughts to look at!!! FED 387
Old 07-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
FED 387
VIP Member

On that vacuum pump you should be able to hear it runnning with the engine OFF & the ignition turned to ON!!!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #6
buzzinhalfdozen

OK, wasn't sure what type of cruise system they used on these, never considered a vacuum unit. Thanks. Joe
Old 07-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #7
buzzinhalfdozen

Well I found something, not sure if it's the fix (I'll know tonite) under the floor is the air brake valve it has 3 switches on it...found 1 wire off (corroded wasn't a sealed end) . Anyway it goes into a harness that runs into the coach (with about a thousand others) hoping it's the wire for the cruise. Suspect it is a power or ground input for cruise.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
FED 387
VIP Member

Joe --find a heavy duty truck repair tech and see if he can shed some light on the air brake system pick his brain--- I'm out of suggestions / ideas ---I'm just a retired office guy that has repaired my own stuff for a long time
Old 07-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
buzzinhalfdozen

Yeah thanks, that wire didn't make the cruise work so now I'm wondering what it was for. Thanks for the suggestions I'll keep looking and see if I can find a good heavy truck tech.After making a few calls to local RV and truck garages I think I missed the boat on careers.... been quoted between 3-5 hours to diagnose @ 120.00 per hour WOW! At my job I'd better have it properly diagnosed in an hour or less or they're crying like babies about why it takes so long. I've no doubt I'll get to the cause of the problem.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #10
FED 387
VIP Member

OK Joe --After talking around to my friends several have brought up this company's name try these people

WWW. CRUISECONTROLKING.COM

507-334-0250
Cruise King LLC.
22250 Glynview Trail
Faribault, Minnesota 55021

look at their website they have some trouble shooting tutorials for the different methods of engaging cruise controls paddle, stalk ,steering wheel etc THEY ALSO HAVE SCHEMATICS FOR THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CONTROLS--- plus other things to look foralso call them/tech they can maybe help you diagnose it yourself lotsa people have mentioned their name so happy hunting you just might get it repaired cheaply or they sell complete kits also-- Regards FED 387

Last edited by FED 387; 07-21-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: address/ADDL INFO