HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #1
Cisco Kid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Cisco Kid
Default moroso ultra 40 wires

i am looking to buy some new plug wires,and i like the ultra 40's buy moroso...but i noticed they had a nickle copper alloy in them...and i see they have the highest emi/rfi supression,has anyone ran these with an electric stop before??? i heard that a wire with copper in it will affect the throttle stop...thanks
Cisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: moroso ultra 40 wires

I put a set on my car just before Cecil County.. perfect fit right out of the box.. had no problem with any interference with any of my electronics.. a lot of people use them and recommend them.. but I run an electric activated air stop..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
i am looking to buy some new plug wires,and i like the ultra 40's buy moroso...but i noticed they had a nickle copper alloy in them...and i see they have the highest emi/rfi supression,has anyone ran these with an electric stop before??? i heard that a wire with copper in it will affect the throttle stop...thanks
FWIW, I have run solid copper (Taylor) wires for quite some time and haven't noted any problems.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
Ron Finney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When current travels through a conductor it generates a magnetic field around the conductor. The field moving across the conductor, ie. wire, generates electricty via magnetic induction. Because electronics do not like stray voltage and RMI the manufactures of ignition, timing, etc. systems recommend or even mandate the use of spiral wound wires. These wires have a very small (thread size wire) wrapped around the entire length of the wire core. This wrap serves a a shield and reduces escaping RMI. The induced voltage now goes into the shield wire. The Copper nickel in the Moroso wires are in the shield wire which makes the shield more effective (conductive). That is why they are claiming the lowest RMI of all wires. (not sure that is true or not). Bottom line...they will work fine. FYI- standard car wires use graphite to increase the resistance of the wire to reduce RMI/RFI for good radio reception. Increasing the internal resistance of the wire does reduce RMI but it also reduces available voltage. That is why the HP stuff is low resistance cores with shield wire around it.

Hope this helps clear things up .....

Last edited by Ron Finney; 08-27-2010 at 06:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Ron Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
Cisco Kid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

understood!! i ended up getting them this morning and i am gonna install them later today...i really like the durability of them they are thick and should have no issues with header heat.thanks guys!!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,649 Times in 521 Posts

you must have heard something bad about these wires to be asking, here is my experience with the ultra 40's. pricey, but i wanted the best. put them in my car when they first came out, during an off season. at first race, noticed the fans and water pump would just turn off and on at will while car was running. driving around pitts car would just shut off. wtf? i have the arc flat panel switches, like a microwave. so i called a.r.c. he said right away. did you get a new set of ultra 40's for Christmas? yep. he said they were just like solid core wires. solution for me. put my coil back outside firewall. make coil wire no more than 1' long. and this should fix the problem.
I gave those wires to a Friend and bought some old faithful accell wires. had no problem with them before and no problem with them now....
I always say better safe than sorry, sucks to loose a round over something so easily fixed. just my exp.
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
Cisco Kid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

see my dad had mentioned something about them having the copper alloy...cause in the past he had used a wire with copper in it and the stop would only work when the car as not running....so i wasjust curious about those one....i wanted the best wires ,so thats why i went with those,but i aso have the a.r.c. box,but i am gonna test tomorrow but with no electronics,now i did a test with the car running and cycled the stop and it seemed to work fine,but i guess if i have any issues i will move the coil to the firewall outside...and i too have ran nothing but accel wires,but i just wanted a change plus a little more protection....but we will see!! thanks keith