HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 12-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #21
PAT 3340

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Super class survey

I think if they want to change it (which I disagre in) because they havent changed anything since the begining then they should also make super stock and stock be a random pairing first round!!!
PAT 3340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #22
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LL View Post
three classes:

run what you brung
Agree completely. Easier for everyone to understand. Ever try to explain to someone that an 8.899 is a breakout, but an 8.989 is legal but slow? Make it 8.00, then anything with a 7.xx is an obvious breakout.

And the fact that you can run a door car in SC but can't run a dragster in SG is silly. Just put up times, choose your class, run what you brung. Heck add an 11.00 class if you need to. Call it Super Slow

My $0.02, worth what you paid for it...
Chris
Old 12-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #23
sc321

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As you can see I do not normally chim in on these thing, raced SC for many years, retired, back to Jegs SQ for years, than SST (screw the scotty rule), wanted to go faster purchased SG, wanted more speed got TD. Don't kid yourself like any form of motorsports it's all about $$$$. Unless your blind anyone who has attended div of nats or the past 5 years will see what the down turn in ecomony has done to car counts. Lower the index and you will see more drop off. It's simple if you want to go faster go TS, TD, Comp, TAD, PS you get the picture. I do agree we need spectators in the stand. Any chance we get to introduce newbees to the sport we do. The first question when .90 class cars run is why pause (on stop), a newbee just can not comprehend, you wants spectators get rid of stops all together!!! Any thats even kidding youself hit hard to get them to watch 200mph TS or TD. We will never get new blood in this sport if it costing 75g for a SG car.
sc321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #24
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LL View Post
three classes:

run what you brung
Lance, I'll kill you! LOL jk.

This poll is completely ridiculous. I for one am opposed. Fortunately, I am a person who only has about 20-25 grand in my entire Super Comp operation. I was fortunate to who have won a dragster through a bracket race and have progressed up to the Super Comp category.

By changing the indexes, this becomes a rich man sport. To be able to run 8.0 or even 7.90, one would have to sink another 15-20 grand in another motor. In today's times, I would assume that this is not feasible for many people.

Take a look at national events, the super comp category was full the majority of the time. Why change something that works?

My motor will only run 8.20's or so, therefore I would not be able to make the index change. You don't have to run 175+ to be competitive these days.

By no way am I gloating or bragging on myself, but in the last three years, I have been able to be competitive in super comp going 158-59 mph. I made it to the Allstars this year, finish second in the division, and have even won a couple divisionals and made it to the final of a national.

The status quo has not changed so neither should the indexes. Like mama said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Austin Williams
S/C 464Q
STK 464Q
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #25
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Austin,

"completely ridiculous" is a little harsh.....everybody has their opinion.....just put your vote in and lets see what the majority wants......it should be interesting.....

The results will be posted on one of the nhra sites when the poll ends.....I think on the 15th.....

Rock Haas
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #26
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
Austin,

"completely ridiculous" is a little harsh.....everybody has their opinion.....just put your vote in and lets see what the majority wants......it should be interesting.....

The results will be posted on one of the nhra sites when the poll ends.....I think on the 15th.....

Rock Haas

You're probably right rock, lol. Heat of the moment I guess. It's just infuriating to possibly see your combination become "obsolete" for lack of a better word. Yes I do bracket race still though.

I guess I'm a little biased in this situation, hahaha.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:52 AM   #27
The LL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub464Q View Post
Lance, I'll kill you! LOL jk.

This poll is completely ridiculous. I for one am opposed. Fortunately, I am a person who only has about 20-25 grand in my entire Super Comp operation. I was fortunate to who have won a dragster through a bracket race and have progressed up to the Super Comp category.

By changing the indexes, this becomes a rich man sport. To be able to run 8.0 or even 7.90, one would have to sink another 15-20 grand in another motor. In today's times, I would assume that this is not feasible for many people.

Take a look at national events, the super comp category was full the majority of the time. Why change something that works?

My motor will only run 8.20's or so, therefore I would not be able to make the index change. You don't have to run 175+ to be competitive these days.

By no way am I gloating or bragging on myself, but in the last three years, I have been able to be competitive in super comp going 158-59 mph. I made it to the Allstars this year, finish second in the division, and have even won a couple divisionals and made it to the final of a national.

The status quo has not changed so neither should the indexes. Like mama said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Austin Williams
S/C 464Q
STK 464Q
hey austin you know if i can boot you out of SC there's one less person to clip me.....lol

seriously, for the 8.00, 9.00, 10.00 thing to work, NHRA would have to lift the restrictions on entries.....i.e. a slower dragster would be able to enter in "super gas 9.00"

if the indexes are left alone, i say either 1) let dragsters run 9.90 (and maybe even 10.90), or 2) boot the roadsters and door cars out of super comp. not that i mind running door cars or roadsters, i just dont like double standards.

regardless, i think 10.90 should be made a "regular" super class......same pro tree, allow drivers to run multiple cars....etc etc.
The LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #28
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My car will only run 10.30s or 40s so you know my answer but also think about this if your trying to help car counts
its easier to slow one down than it is to speed it up(especially on my budget)
and with a 10.00 index you no longer have a super class that an unlicensed driver can run,some drivers have gone to s/st because they can no longer get licensed or cant afford to go as fast
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #29
SG1809

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joseph View Post
I hope all of you think this out. As I get older I seem to be more thoughtfull of others and what I believe is if NHRA makes SG 8.90 and SC 7.90 they will lose part of their base. I have a SG car that will easily run 8.90 but some don't. Does NHRA think those that can't will just call up an engine builder and order a new 1000 HP motor for 15 to 25 grand just because NHRA and some people that didn't think this out said so. Nope won't happen they will go to IHRA or bracket race and the car counts will go down. NHRA is the one that stands to lose the most here so I am confused as to why they are even thinking of this. I'm emailing NHRA and say just what I have said here. Merry Christmas to all.
I agree completely this will force several cars out of Super Class racing in NHRA. What is this going to accomplish? Nothing. Safety? I don't think so. Bad Idea.
Regards,
Pat I.
SG1809
SG1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #30
slow dragster

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joseph View Post
I hope all of you think this out. As I get older I seem to be more thoughtfull of others and what I believe is if NHRA makes SG 8.90 and SC 7.90 they will lose part of their base. I have a SG car that will easily run 8.90 but some don't. Does NHRA think those that can't will just call up an engine builder and order a new 1000 HP motor for 15 to 25 grand just because NHRA and some people that didn't think this out said so. Nope won't happen they will go to IHRA or bracket race and the car counts will go down.
I am with Tom on this one. I too have a car that will run the 7.90 index but there are several that can not. My guess is about 25-30% can not. So take 25-30% of the field and figure out where they will go? Let say 0% will upgrade because if they had more money they would be going faster anyway. I would say they will go bracket racing or sell it.

I voted for the .50 to keep the fields the same. Anymore will remove people from it.

Just my opinion,

Brian
slow dragster is offline   Reply With Quote