Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 07-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #21
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

S/C-------------185 MPH
S/G-------------160 MPH
S/ST-----------135 MPH
The bulk of cars fall in this speed range.............Run faster you break out ?
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #22
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

Leave things alone... This post was about the people in the stands and the key board racers. Know matter what you do they still won't be in the stands. Most use that time to pee after all the beer and trying to get Ashley Forces attention while she's doing a burnout ,they need a break.
They don't watch or understand prostock , let alone all the sportsman classes.The alcohol cars are loud and they don't watch them, even at div. races.Change will never fill the stands. I don't personally look in the stands when I'm running and really who cares. Allthough it would be a good excuse for a bad light.

It's not broken so don't fix it., especially for the fans in the stands.
There's alot of other things to fix for the sportsmans racers, cause we support ourselves..
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #23
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

170 SC
160 SG
130 SST (500 cubic in limit, lol)

Go back to old throttle stop running from shifter where you going full throttle till high gear and take timers away, will not have a mph PROBLEM AT ALL!

If anybody was around when Pro Gas/Super Gas first came out fans loved it, side by side racing all the way down the track and nobody could tell when the throttle stops came on.

Here's who it hurt companys selling timers (yawnnnnn) all these companys selling big motors to go big speeds (you want to go big speed, run Top)

Who this would help........anybody watching, Super classes are hard to tell spector joe watching why they come almost to a stop before going again past the tree.
Ok, thats my 2 cents, but it will never happen, like everything else, poltics rules.

TAKE TIMERS AWAY!!!!!!!!!
Do away with RT's during eliminations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #24
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Imagine that........................and yet some people will hit a little white ball, then spend the rest of the day chasing it & trying to find it..........i think i'll stick to .90.................at least 99% of the time you drive down the track.............. & drive back....!...............i can drive my golf cart anywhere, not just on a designated coarse........thats irl or something .....? I think.........? But then again what do i know.....i thought norwalk was a suburb of cleveland........!
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #25
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

Nitro Joe, there still will not be any spectators. It's not what they spend their money to see.
Would you pay 50 bucks to see Rock Haas or Ashley Force?
Sorry Rock...
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #26
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Dead on with an O Joe........I was there and you are right. Timers are the what started it and Troy Coughlins win at Indy was another thing that got it going in the wrong direction....and Carl...spectators come to see NITRO cars and maybe Ashley and some of the other woman who are doing well.....no matter what sportsman racers are doing, they are not there to see us......

Last edited by Rich Biebel; 07-02-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #27
H.A.A.C. Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Bryan Gillespie;74260]S/C 8.00 most dragsters can run 7.80's /90's
S/G 9.00 most chassis door cars can run in the 8's
S/ST 10.00 back half cars only!!!!!

Guess I would be out, I have a chassis car that runs 9:30 flat out. Hope N.H.R.A. does NOT agree with you.
I would be in favor of speed limits, but I think that would go bad the other way in that people would be running fast as hell to 8-900 ft. then it would look like someone pulled the shoot to stay under the speed limit. I agree with the above......leave well enough alone, no matter what they do, people will always need time to piss, that's where we come in!

Last edited by H.A.A.C. Racing; 07-02-2008 at 09:22 PM.
H.A.A.C. Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #28
Tom DePascale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

[QUOTE=H.A.A.C. Racing;74286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Gillespie View Post
S/C 8.00 most dragsters can run 7.80's /90's
S/G 9.00 most chassis door cars can run in the 8's
S/ST 10.00 back half cars only!!!!!

Guess I would be out, I have a chassis car that runs 9:30 flat out. Hope N.H.R.A. does NOT agree with you.
Pete they also said UGLY VEGA WAGONS are also out which means your out & I'm in !!! PS I did this so you can get in your 100 th post in !! Take your best shot !! But be nice I know the moderator!!
Tom DePascale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #29
BOO BOO

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with Chebby2, and Jason. I don't really think changing the index is a great idea. There are so many old super gas and super street cars that can't handle bigger engines to go another second quicker, the guys that build these big engines most likley can afford a RJ, Bickle etc. cars. Plus you will be pushing the cars harder so there is a chance of more engine failures. Why a speed limit? There is a chance a high horsepower car will spin the tires on these marginal tracks. So there is more of a chance for me to win. There is 2 parts of the track you have to race, the starting line and the finish. So you can be chased or you can chase. look at Scotty Rienschield 8.90 At 140 and he is a killer racer. Why take away t-stops? It is 2008 not the 80's. I loved the stutter box's back then but times change. We have 3 classes with great car counts I vote leave it alone.
Just my 02 cents
Chuck
31 s/g
38 s/c
BOO BOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #30
crewchiefpro

Speed limits are for highways. Enough said about this subject.

I knew Boo Boo and Carl would have the correct answer.