HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
rick lester

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Weird Question....

I am removing the shifter from the column and modifying the console in my 1988 Chevy Suburban to install a factory shifter. Since it won't have a factory lockout, right now it can be shifted out of gear, I want to install a soleniod that will lock it out when the ignition is off and unlock when the ignition is turned on, mounted on the shifter itself. hopefully I explained what I'm looking for correctly. I am leaving all the inner workings alone so I still have backup lights and neutral safety switch working. Just need a simple "in and out" solenoid. Power lock solenoid perhaps? Thanks guys.
rick lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
magnumv8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Weird Question....

Rick....any solenoid that will allow you to lock out the shifter for your application will work once you work it out.....what you want to do then is pick up your ignition "signal" and use it to arm a switch on your brake pedal so it will work just like a factory setup....the best way would be to use the switch on your brake pedal to trigger a relay to actuate the solenoid....you can run battery power on the solenoid side of the relay with a fuse to protect the wiring.....

D L Rambo.....
magnumv8 is offline   Reply With Quote