HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #661
KEN BUGAJ

Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

I[QUOTE=Birch motor cars;555895]Hold on there Ken, Budget racers ??? You must have meant to say Legal racers !!! Your implying your running illegal because you spend 5k on your stock cant do anything to heads. Xx What I was saying is that most crate motor guys won't spend the 5K to Port & Polish head's & intake then cover it up. They'll do the basic legal head work.

Last edited by KEN BUGAJ; 02-14-2018 at 09:56 AM.
KEN BUGAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #662
Birch motor cars

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

[QUOTE=KEN BUGAJ;555910]I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch motor cars View Post
Hold on there Ken, Budget racers ??? You must have meant to say Legal racers !!! Your implying your running illegal because you spend 5k on your stock cant do anything to heads. Xx What I was saying is that most crate motor guys won't spend the 5K to Port & Polish head's & intake then cover it up. They'll do the basic legal head work.
= Ken look what your saying buddy ??? Your cheating and telling the whole world.
Birch motor cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:24 PM   #663
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

The crate cars are all legal.....for bracket racing and time shots. Nice that division 2 are letting in pro ET cars run stock. That’s a good trend to start.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #664
PozQB14

Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
The crate cars are all legal.....for bracket racing and time shots. Nice that division 2 are letting in pro ET cars run stock. That’s a good trend to start.
Hands down the most ignorant statement in this mile long thread so far. You obviously have no relevant input. Rich created a series that were all excited about in Division 2. Remember, this series is for ALL NHRA cars....its not a crate motor series, they are just included since there's quote a few in the region.
PozQB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:11 PM   #665
Pat6868

Liked 66 Times in 21 Posts

Stock eliminator according to NHRA- entry level class. You're kidding right? No offense but Super Street is the new entry level.

Last edited by Pat6868; 02-14-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Pat6868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:42 PM   #666
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

My input is my thoughts and opinion. I'm a division 1 stock racer. So does that mean that If I want I can put a Chevy bracket engine in my Firebird and call it a crate engine and run Div 2 I can? Do they have engine parameters and specs? Will they be subject to heads up races?
I have no problem with them being included in S/SS races. But official NHRA races, thats pushing it some.
What is relevant input? If I'm for this than that's ok? Next lets let the purestock cars in next? I guess if they need cars have at it.

Right Super Street cars that go 150 miles an hr? That's entry level. Sounds like slower version of Super Gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PozQB14 View Post
Hands down the most ignorant statement in this mile long thread so far. You obviously have no relevant input. Rich created a series that were all excited about in Division 2. Remember, this series is for ALL NHRA cars....its not a crate motor series, they are just included since there's quote a few in the region.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #667
PozQB14

Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
My input is my thoughts and opinion. I'm a division 1 stock racer. So does that mean that If I want I can put a Chevy bracket engine in my Firebird and call it a crate engine and run Div 2 I can? Do they have engine parameters and specs? Will they be subject to heads up races?
I have no problem with them being included in S/SS races. But official NHRA races, thats pushing it some.
What is relevant input? If I'm for this than that's ok? Next lets let the purestock cars in next? I guess if they need cars have at it.

Right Super Street cars that go 150 miles an hr? That's entry level. Sounds like slower version of Super Gas.
You have proven my point. IHRA had very specific requirements for what you can run on a crate motor engine. We're all waiting to see the weight breaks and new indexes but each combo has it's own cam, piston ect...specs.
It's ok to have an opinion, but do some research before you diminish a type of engine that someone chooses to run. Being from D1 which is a great division with tons of fast impressive cars, you don't need to worry about what's going on in D2 if it doesn't suit your style. It takes a special kind of person to come on here and try to trash someone's choice of engine/car combination.
PozQB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:10 PM   #668
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Angry Re: Crate Motor Class

Quote:

Are you really THAT STUPID or just like to stir up siht !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #669
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PozQB14 View Post
You have proven my point. IHRA had very specific requirements for what you can run on a crate motor engine. We're all waiting to see the weight breaks and new indexes but each combo has it's own cam, piston ect...specs.
It's ok to have an opinion, but do some research before you diminish a type of engine that someone chooses to run. Being from D1 which is a great division with tons of fast impressive cars, you don't need to worry about what's going on in D2 if it doesn't suit your style. It takes a special kind of person to come on here and try to trash someone's choice of engine/car combination.
I just want to know why these are being allowed in NHRA? Is it the official position? Is this a backdoor way to try and get these cars accepted?
Where can I look up the specs for these? Will they be held to the same standard of tech the traditional stockers are? Will the NHRA tech be trained or informed to properly tech these?
I bashed no one, if you have a car that was built for a sanctioning body and class that is defunct I’d say you have some tough choices. But if this is happening so be it. So if I travel down to div 2 races at the end of the year, and I don’t want to get drug down the track by a 9 second Duster in D/SA, I can put a SBC in my 68 Firebird call it CM and I’m good? Just wondering
Old 02-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #670
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Are you really THAT STUPID or just like to stir up siht !
Are you still here? What do you have to do with racing at all? You were a tech guy in the NHRA 30+ years ago or what ever, your IHRA is gone. Where or how does your opinions matter? I race, what’s your story?

I asked a question about CM cars racing NHRA sanctioned races.