Default Re: Contingency money?

newer update,received check from Phoenix tires, Thanks Mike
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:21 PM   #42
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Jay from Computec took care of me. Got my check from them last week. Thank you!!

Everybody has paid me now, except for PAC valve springs. Sent them my W-9, filled out their contingency request, send them a picture of the car showing the PAC decal on the front fender. Not sure what else to do. Think it helps to call? Don't want to offend anybody, but it would sure help to get paid. Got stuff to buy. LOL
Old 01-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #43
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Jay from Computec took care of me. Got my check from them last week. Thank you!!

Everybody has paid me now, except for PAC valve springs. Sent them my W-9, filled out their contingency request, send them a picture of the car showing the PAC decal on the front fender. Not sure what else to do. Think it helps to call? Don't want to offend anybody, but it would sure help to get paid. Got stuff to buy. LOL
If you read what Bob Book says about PAC you will never put one on your engine again ever......
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #44
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Carpenter View Post
If you read what Bob Book says about PAC you will never put one on your engine again ever......
Heck, Ed, I guess I'm blind. I just read through this thread again. I can not find a post by a Bob Book. Unless he uses a screen name I don't know. I'm very old, as you know, LOL, so I may have just missed it.

If I don't get paid, I'll just pull the decals. When guys ask me what all I use, like people do everybody, I'll now tell them I use another brand springs.

I just put my heads together with a new set yesterday. Have 2 other sets of those things sitting here.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:45 PM   #45
Hacksaw

Liked 275 Times in 150 Posts

Never read any info about PAC springs by Book but I have used them for a while in my SS cast iron stuff. Smaller od with same pressure as "big springs". The advantage is that the spring pocket is smaller and further away from the water.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #46
Denny Steward

Liked 112 Times in 20 Posts

This is from Bob's facebook page

Who in the Drag race or Circle track community - whether a builder or racer - was aware that Pacs policy on valve springs is that they should be thrown out after springs hit the 90 day mark from when they were boxed up and shipped. That build date is on the vertical sides of the boxes they ship in. Be aware that according to Tom from Pac that is their company policy. I would think this would stop about anyone from using their springs as who could take that chance. That also means if you put a set on and your car sits without running that 90 days still applies as it does simply sitting in stock on your shelf!!!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #47
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Never read any info about PAC springs by Book but I have used them for a while in my SS cast iron stuff. Smaller od with same pressure as "big springs". The advantage is that the spring pocket is smaller and further away from the water.
Exactly! Number 1356, 1.5" dia, over 1000lbs open pressure. Last longer than anything I have ever used. Run them all year, and they still check too good to throw away. Have boxes of them here. LOL
Old 01-15-2018, 05:11 PM   #48
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Steward View Post
This is from Bob's facebook page

Who in the Drag race or Circle track community - whether a builder or racer - was aware that Pacs policy on valve springs is that they should be thrown out after springs hit the 90 day mark from when they were boxed up and shipped. That build date is on the vertical sides of the boxes they ship in. Be aware that according to Tom from Pac that is their company policy. I would think this would stop about anyone from using their springs as who could take that chance. That also means if you put a set on and your car sits without running that 90 days still applies as it does simply sitting in stock on your shelf!!!
Wow!! My experiences with them have been very good. Think I will stick with what I have learned from my own testing, than something I read on the internet. LOL

Last edited by Ed Wright; 01-15-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:00 AM   #49
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Wow!! My experiences with them have been very good. Think I will stick with what I have learned from my own testing, than something I read on the internet. LOL
Not just Bob many others including Bob Reinhardt (Madcap). Ed if you don't know who Book is he build some of it not the fastest small block NA engines on the planet!
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #50
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Carpenter View Post
Not just Bob many others including Bob Reinhardt (Madcap). Ed if you don't know who Book is he build some of it not the fastest small block NA engines on the planet!
What I read above is what someone there told him about springs sitting around too long. My experience tells me different. I think I'll keep what I have found to last longest for me.
I don't claim to know as much as Mr Book. I just know what has worked best for me.
Now, if I could just get my little check. Everybody else has paid me.