HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events

Old 07-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
BKRacing 1198 SG

Talking MASGA August 9th & 10th "The Pig Roast"

Good Morning Everyone,

The Mid Atlantic Super Gas Association will swing back into action August 9th & 10th at Cecil County Dragway. Anyone who is wishing to test before the Toyo Tires Nationals is more then welcomed to come join us for a great weekend of fun and close racing against some of Division 1 best. MASGA is coming into the home stretch of it's 2008 season and will only have 1 weekend left of racing after Cecil County. Defending Champion Iggie Boicesco leads by 75 points over Pete Luciano going into race # 7. Both competitors have claimed their 6 races and are now focusing on their 1st round losses. Sitting in 3rd is Don Knoblick who is 86 points behind Boicesco. Recent winner Mike Lauria sits in 4th place after making a huge jump in points following his win at Maple Grove. The sleeper out of the group could be George Smith who did not make the trip to Maple Grove and has 2 races still left to claim along with a 1st and 2nd round loss to improve upon.

As we do every year at Cecil County Saturday night with be the annual "Pig Roast". Uncle Buck and his crew will be firing up the grill early in the morning and cooking the 200+ pound pig for all the enjoy after 1st round. As always anyone who shows up for the race on Saturday is more then welcomed to come join in the fun and enjoy a great meal put together by Uncle Buck and the Donhauser crew. Gates will open at 8am on Saturday and Sunday and the first time shot will be shortly after so please be on time. As always you will get 2 time shots on Saturday and Sunday before starting 1st round which will be based on a NHRA ladder. The price as always will be $ 70.00 to race to be paid to Leanne or Lucky and $ 35.00 each day for car and driver. Saturday we will be running with the AMC day and Sunday will be run with Cecil County's regular bracket program. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail Leanne at LeanneLuciano@hotmail.com or myself at ReKeister@aol.com. Hope to see everyone there.

2008 Points as of Race # 6 of #10
1. Iggie Boicesco - 354 pts
2. Pete Luciano - 279pts
3. Don Knoblick - 268
4. Mike Lauria - 237
5. George Smith - 229

Rob Keister #1198

Last edited by BKRacing 1198 SG; 07-30-2008 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Info Wrong
Old 08-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
BKRacing 1198 SG

Smile Re: MASGA August 9th & 10th "The Pig Roast"

Hey All,
Just giving everyone a heads up for next weekend with parking if you are coming down. Of course we will be racing on both days and Sunday is Cecil County's regular bracket program. There are certain spots on the "Hot Side" and "Spectator Side" that are reserved for the regular bracket guys on Sunday. These spots are marked either on the fence or on the asphalt of the "Hot Side" for their regulars. Also there is a select few spots on the "Spectator Side" right after you get your time slips and turn in that are reserved. Just giving everyone a friendly heads up as to parking for the weekend cause you may have to move if you park in a reserved spot. I really don't think we should have an issue since we park on the "Spectator Side" down towards the end of the track to make it easy for us with the BBQ. So far the weather prediction looks GREAT for that weekend - Low 80's both days and Sunny (but it's still early)!!!!!

Rob
Old 08-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
BKRacing 1198 SG

Default Re: MASGA August 9th & 10th "The Pig Roast"

On Friday night, we will be allowed to park in the track at no charge. The later you can get there, the better. Halsey mentioned something about it being better after 9 pm. But he is willing to work with us on that one. Just remember to tell the gate that you are with Super Gas and it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
BKRacing 1198 SG

Default Re: MASGA August 9th & 10th "The Pig Roast"

Gates close at 10:30 that night so if your coming down on friday you have a very small window to get in
Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Talking Re: MASGA August 9th & 10th "The Pig Roast"

Hey gang--I'll be there taking reservations for the shuttle bus to the softball game next Thursday..........Yeah-Yeah I know I'll be like a fish out of the water with all you Super Gas guys and gals but its OK.................
Old 08-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #6
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Jack;
Maybe Tom can find a Rambler to fit you into if you drop in on Saturday.

Ed
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #7
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas

Ed--Here's some trivia just for you --in 1967 I worked at JG's Rambler in Allentown ,PA .............

PS-- I'll probably regret telling you ! ! !
Old 08-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #8
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Ed--Here's some trivia just for you --in 1967 I worked at JG's Rambler in Allentown ,PA .............

PS-- I'll probably regret telling you ! ! !
Jack;
Did you ever take any Rogues for a test ride? I'm sure you know they could be ordered with a 343.The
Marlins were in their last year then with the gen 2 327.Bill Belden and Rich Aman worked at an AMC dealer and they told me stories about going "around the block" with the AMX's and Javelins.Funny stuff.

Ed
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote