HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 01-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Thumbs up Changes for 2011

This season should be a very good year for the CCRA as Scott Tilley has agreed to take over the coordinating of our series. As most of you know I have two children that are now involved w/ jr. dragsters and I really want to devote more time to their effort. It's hard to juggle the jr's and my car too along w/ trying to help bring the stock/super stock combo races together. The last five years have been a lot of fun but it's time for some "new blood" and new ideas to help continue our effort to maintain a stable class racing community. The whole purpose in putting these races together was to give all stock/super stock racers an alternative place to race at an affordable price w/ a decent payout. I think we have a great foundation to accomplish that as we are blessed w/ numerous tracks that all seem to love "old school" racing.
The plan for this year is to spread out to more tracks and try to bring in more sponsors. Scott already has lots of good ideas as to how this will be accomplished. It's obvious the only way to bring in more racers is to bring the races closer to their homes. The economy is tight for everyone and it's only going to get worse it appears, so if we want to race, the CCRA may be the only option for some of us.
Danny Stanton has helped me a great deal since we started this and I want to sincerely thank him. He has agreed to help Scott as well and I know both of these guys will appreciate the continued support and participation from all our fellow racers in the Carolinas and Virginia.
Thanks for everyone's support and let's make this the best year ever for CCRA...
See ya at the races!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Tilley2007

Default Re: Changes for 2011

Thank you Tracy for building a solid foundation for the CCRA and all of your hard work is greatly appreciated.

At this time I'm looking to have a 8 race schedule between 5 tracks. In the up and coming weeks I will be getting in touch with track operators to firm up dates for the race season.

Also I am putting together a CCRA Facebook page and plan to have it up and running by the end of the week. I provide the link on this site when completed. Going forward Facebook and Classracer.com come will be the place to go for information on the CCRA. Both places will give everyone a place to comment his or her suggestions or opinion.

As with any small race association, funding is always a challenge, so please feel free to reach out to me on either site with any ideas to grow our association.

I can be reached either by phone at 919-291-4355 or email at superstock9327@yahoo.com

Thank you for letting me be a part of the family of the CCRA .

Let the Racing Begin!

Scott Tilley
Old 01-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Tilley2007

Default Re: Changes for 2011

The 2011 schedule is coming together great!!! We should have all the dates nailed down by the end of the week. We look forward to having a great CCRA season. Stay tuned for more great news to come!!!!