HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-28-2016, 07:21 PM   #61
bill7947

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHRA Stikes Again................

9 spots were left today for stock entries at the NHRA World Finals for drivers with a grade of 4. The nine spots were gone in less than 10 minutes this morning. In addition, for the first time ever, I was unable to enter the second Las Vegas race, and I had a grade of 4. I started thinking, what am I doing?? It costs $415 to get my wife and I into an NHRA National Event, even though we never sit in the stands or watch any of the racing. If I make it to the semi finals, I get $500, so unless I make it to the final round, the best I can hope for is an $85.00 pay day or worse. After the disappointment of missing class racing at the second Las Vegas race, after I won the combo automatic class at the April LV race, I decided to save my $415 and also skip the NHRA World Finals, which is 35 miles from my house!! The $415 will pay the entry fees to a lot of other non-NHRA races next year.
bill7947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:12 PM   #62
mopargilley

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

In my case it was my own fault I did't get entered in the Vegas nationals (i have 6 grade points) I tried to enter 6 weeks early and it was full my bad. I will continue to check daily but probably not gona happen will need 7 to drop out. I did sign up for the finals and will be at the Vegas divisionals (one rainout). Not NHRA's fault in my case.
mopargilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #63
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

mopargilley, listen to what you are saying. "(i have 6 grade points) I tried to enter 6 weeks early and it was full my bad." NOT YOUR BAD. NHRA's bad, you have 6 points and you have to enter 6 weeks early and cannot get in. That is total BS. $415.00 to get in, race fuel at $11.00+ 4 days out of potential income, food and drink for the four days, parked in obscure areas, just goes on and on.

Been away for a year now and I'm starting to question myself about coming back. For $415.00 I can have a very nice time with my wife over a weekend.

And what about the fuel to get there and back.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 10-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #64
goinbroke2

Liked 174 Times in 60 Posts

Ron, it's called "Stockholm's syndrome"

"Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon described in 1973 in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors."
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #65
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Everyone keeps complaining about class racing dying. How NHRA is evil. And they do everything wrong.
Let’s look at the facts They can do whatever they want charge as much as they wish and the customers fight to show up and spend their money. At least on a national event level they must be doing all the right things. Or there wouldn’t be people on here begging for spots to get in and spend their money. If you charge enough you don’t need large numbers. I would rather deal with 50 cars at $415 than 128 cars at $162

Now don’t get me wrong I agree that NHRA is evil and could do a lot of things better for the sportsman racers. But as long as they are turning away racers there is no reason for them to change.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:39 PM   #66
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
Everyone keeps complaining about class racing dying. How NHRA is evil. And they do everything wrong.
Let’s look at the facts They can do whatever they want charge as much as they wish and the customers fight to show up and spend their money. At least on a national event level they must be doing all the right things. Or there wouldn’t be people on here begging for spots to get in and spend their money. If you charge enough you don’t need large numbers. I would rather deal with 50 cars at $415 than 128 cars at $162

Now don’t get me wrong I agree that NHRA is evil and could do a lot of things better for the sportsman racers. But as long as they are turning away racers there is no reason for them to change.

That is not the way to grow the sport. The way they are doing it now will kill the present class structure as it is now. There will be no incentive to run the divisionals if you cant enter a national event with less than 5-6 grade points. The sportsman quotas are just too low. The problem is not with the sportsman racers it is with the way the events are run and the poor use of time by NHRA. It should not take as long as it does to run the classes especially the pros.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #67
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
That is not the way to grow the sport. The way they are doing it now will kill the present class structure as it is now. There will be no incentive to run the divisionals if you cant enter a national event with less than 5-6 grade points. The sportsman quotas are just too low. The problem is not with the sportsman racers it is with the way the events are run and the poor use of time by NHRA. It should not take as long as it does to run the classes especially the pros.
I don't disagree but I don't think the people in Glendora care if they grow the sportsmen classes. At this point they get more wanting in than they want so they have no incentive to change, that is the only point I was making.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:08 PM   #68
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts
Thumbs down Re: NHRA Stikes Again................

The problem that I have, is that NHRA keeps taking insurance money from me and I have had no incidents and after the event I don't get any reimbursement on the insurance. Why do all racers have to keep paying for insurance at every National event? At Indy it was $100. for the insurance and Gators it was $40. up above the entry fee. If NHRA wants to have you take an policy out to cover any issue they should offer a yearly insurance police with a rebate at the end of the year if no claims against you, like safe driver.
I figured everyone else was bitching, I'd join in!!!!

Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:47 PM   #69
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts
Default Re: NHRA Strikes Again................

So let me see if I have this right........................

Texas has an entry quota of 430 sportsman, of which 80 are Top Sportsman & Dragster for a total of 350 spots for the other classes............

Las Vegas has an entry quota of 328 sportsman, of which 28 are Pro-Mod for a total of 300 spots for the other classes..........

Why will NHRA not work with the Class Racers to allow them to race or is it just a Division 7 thing????????????????????

NHRA never fails to amaze me with their stupidity......

Bob
Old 10-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #70
pfordamx

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Out of curiosity what does a divisional cost to enter and what do the payouts look like?
pfordamx is offline   Reply With Quote