HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Sam Murray

Liked 57 Times in 28 Posts
Default New rules for Maple Grove Raceway competitors

New rules for Maple Grove Raceway competitors posted today.
September 28th, 2009

Maple Grove Raceway vice president/general manager Lex Dudas announced Saturday that the following rules for competitors at all events will go into effect immediately:

1. Pit vehicles – including golf carts, motor scooters and ATVs – are not permitted to be operated one hour after the end of track activities.

2. Unlicensed vehicles are not permitted to cross public roads per local police. Patrons who wish to visit the Finish Line Pub or the campgrounds, must park their vehicles inside Gate 4 and proceed on foot.

3. Fireworks are not permitted on Maple Grove Raceway property at any time.

4. If there is nothing scheduled the day after an event, all vehicles must exit the property 90 minutes after the conclusion of the day’s activities.

5. Checks must be picked up within 30 minutes of the final round of each class final. NO CHECKS WILL BE MAILED.
Share and Enjoy:
Old 09-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
Doug Blackley

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: New rules for Maple Grove Raceway competitors

So what happened at the Bracket Finals this weekend?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

This is an April Fools joke right?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Unhappy Re: New rules for Maple Grove Raceway competitors

Doesn't sound like the Lex Dudas I know. Sounds like somebody had "too much fun". Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
Jeff Jewell

Liked 172 Times in 36 Posts

Hello...

Wednesday evening at the Bracket Finals last week, someone fell off a golf cart and sustained a severe head injury. He had to be airlifted out of the track. This person is still in the hospital the last I heard.

Thursday AM, all racers were informed that no pit vehicles were to be used after 9 PM and that only one rider was going to be allowed per seat. I know the 9 PM rule was enforced. The one rider per seat wasn't being enforced much from what I saw.

I was told over the weekend that more injuries occur from pit vehicle accidents than anything else at NHRA events. This doesn't really suprise me.... If everyone doesn't start being a little more cautious on their pit vehicles, we might all be walking in the future.

As for the fireworks, someone was firing them off Wednesday evening at the track...

Jeff Jewell
Jeff Jewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jewell View Post
Hello...

Wednesday evening at the Bracket Finals last week, someone fell off a golf cart and sustained a severe head injury. He had to be airlifted out of the track. This person is still in the hospital the last I heard.

Thursday AM, all racers were informed that no pit vehicles were to be used after 9 PM and that only one rider was going to be allowed per seat. I know the 9 PM rule was enforced. The one rider per seat wasn't being enforced much from what I saw.

I was told over the weekend that more injuries occur from pit vehicle accidents than anything else at NHRA events. This doesn't really suprise me.... If everyone doesn't start being a little more cautious on their pit vehicles, we might all be walking in the future.

As for the fireworks, someone was firing them off Wednesday evening at the track...

Jeff Jewell
Hi Jeff how have you been?
The problems stem from a few noodles who probably had a few too many or are just plain clueless.Allthey have to do is use the track security to monitor what's going on after the racing ends.In NJcops can issue a DWI,even on private property to riders of any wheeled vehicle,even bicycles.Saw it happen at the Englishtown swap meet 2 years ago.The numbskull really deserved it too.
In the end it's our own shooting us in the foot.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts

In West Virginia, we have a bad wrap for atv deaths as we usually lead the nation in that rate. All people talk about is how many people are killed riding on some of our back roads with no safety gear. they don't want to talk about how many are legally drunk, or jacked up on meth or other illegal drugs. It just ruins it for the rest of us.

Sounds like Maple Grove's rules are a little extreme to me though.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:54 AM   #8
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 965 Times in 63 Posts

Rules 1-4....OK....but tell me exactly why one is to forfiet the money that they've earned if they forget to pick it up. Deduct a $1 (if you're that friggin' cheap) to cover the stamp and administrative cost.

That's funny...at an NHRA race we can't get our money and at Maple Grove you have to get your money...

Please someone, tell me what to do and how to do it...I need more rules...

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #9
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Just more reasons not to go. If these people can't understand that we can do other things, if we are not treated fairly, they need to understand it. The poor economy is not the only reason there are fewer and fewer racers going to national events. The 9 P.M. curfew for pit vehicles is a joke. Just because some idiot fell off his scooter, why punish everyone. If NHRA and track operators don't understand that they are losing customers at a much faster rate than they are gaining them, they are idiots.

As a business why would you not go out of your way to accomodate your customers instead of alienating them? Can any of you imagine Bill Bader or Pat Joffroin, or Dallas Jones doing these idiotic things?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #10
SC1317

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If this is all in response to the problems from the bracket finals, look what we're talking about. 50-75% of the racers that attend the brackets don't travel. This is probably the only time they leave their home track! They all want to party and things get crazy. Most of us that travel (most) know how far we can take it...and are professional lushes, why should we all be punished for the stupidity that happens every year at the bracket finals?