HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Super Por vs Pro

Keith, You are letting the cat out oh the bag. SSSSSHHHHH.

Glenn,
All you need is a practice tree.
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
TinSoldier 3215

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Hey Glenn, first off I think your rt are to far apart, you need to setup on a 08 -12 light.Your mushroom button is ok, and your car has a lot to do with it running the number on the window. if you setup on a 008 to a 012 and run the number you will go deep in rounds!!!!! 3268 undercover!!
TinSoldier 3215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
Glenn Quinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Port-A-Tree came last week and I have four months to practice, I sure need it. I think looking at the info I have I will stay with the devil I know – Super Pro.
Glenn Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #14
fastracer482

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Super Por vs Pro

I think this is one if those cnversations that is interesting because there is no clear answer.
My son drives our superpro car, its a chassied door car that runs low 6's in the 1/8th.

I can think of 3 or 4 times he has had lights of .520 or better and ran dead on with a little change. Twice he lost to dragsters and once to a faster door car.

I don't think they had a built in advantage, and I certainly don't think he did anthing wrong. I think he just happened to get beat by some guys who had an exceptionally good package against him.

I think the only real advantage the faster car has is on the line as the slower car you always have the opportunity to red light first.

Its hard to keep a good attitude when you keep on losing the close ones, but, I think the best way to atack the faster car is to cut a good light and run your number. If you have a reputation for that it puts some pressure on them to have to be on top of their game.

The most important thing to remember is "Door Cars RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
fastracer482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #15
nhradiv1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Also remember when your racing a much faster car,It's just as hard for them to judge you..So don't beat yourself up there...Get comfortable on the tree and take it from there...
nhradiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #16
lvd2340

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to lvd2340 Send a message via Yahoo to lvd2340

It doesn't matter how fast you go, a couple years back i ran a Dodge Dakota that we have that i ran in Street eliminator. I decided one year to race it in Super Pro. It was street legal, full exhaust with Hosier Quick Time Pro DOT slicks on it. it only ran 12.3's. I qualified #1 for our Bracket Finals team that year with it. Got to the semi's in the Race of Champions and went 3 rounds in the main race. That's with no electronics of any kind, just footbraking it. I ended up in 4th and 5th place overall in the two seasons that i did it. So don't let anyone tell you that you can't win in Super Pro without electronics or with a slow car. Being a slow as i was it was just as hard for them to judge me as it was for me to judge them but after running against the faster cars every time i ran i got use to judging them at the stripe that i could tell by the time a 7sec dragster got to half track if i thougt he was gonna catch me or not. I'm not saying that it's easy, but i can be done.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #17
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I only run footbrake/nobox, this year I was driving a supergas and it took getting used to the transbrake and the car rt for me.

This may be a dumb *** "of course" answer, but I was having problems with a TB on a pro tree, my rts were all over, and I got a piece of advice that was "duh", it was make 100% SURE you arent rolling the transbrake button as this takes time and is not consistent, rather make sure you are pulling straight back. My RT were slice on after that, duh.... but for a guy who only very rarley like every couple years drives a car with a tb....it was very valuable advice and not something I will forget.

All the guys who cut their teeth on cars with transbrakes are shaking their heads saying "no-*****"...:O

Cheers

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesracing View Post
Hey Glenn, first off I think your rt are to far apart, you need to setup on a 08 -12 light.Your mushroom button is ok, and your car has a lot to do with it running the number on the window. if you setup on a 008 to a 012 and run the number you will go deep in rounds!!!!! 3268 undercover!!
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #18
Schmidt A103

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I race super with a 10.50 door car and while I am not a killer I have some observations about what it takes to run this class.

If you are slower you always have the chance of first red light.Since very few door cars run as fast as the current crop of dragsters it doesnt really mater how fast you build your door car.

The slower car will always have a visabilty disavantage.

These are the only 2 real reasons to jump ship to pro so long as you plan on being the faster car.

Chassis cars are harder to make consistent when they run fast so slowing your car down could actually help.The fact that you have to account for rear tire spin as a slow down of foward movement as well as a change in front suspention reaction means a solid front axle car will react more consistent.A slower door car that doenst yank the wheels from the beams would be a step up.

Slower cars are less consistent when reacting to atmosphereiic conditions.It just simple percentages.An 8 second dragster is over/under by 1% it might mean a hundreth of a second,a 16 second car would change by 2 hundreths.Since you run fairly close to the same time as the dragsters and might even have more power then a fair number of them this effects you less then say an 11 second car.

There is some merit to the fact that a 170mph dragster really has no way to judge the stipe against a 120mph door car.2 fast dragsters actually have a harder time judging each other then 2 slow door cars.A pair of 120mph street cars really can bring out the finish line skills of their drivers.

My opinion is that to run super you either need a fairly slow door car like an 11.0 street car 10.0 backhalf car ect,or a dragster.

Last edited by Schmidt A103; 12-18-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Schmidt A103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #19
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts
Smile Re: Super Por vs Pro

i love dragsters, they taste like chicken. lol
seat time and practice tree, any class. i find both classes about the same, you have to make your own luck!
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #20
Casper68

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm like K944...give me a dragster or a bye run ...I'm putting together an old door car to run some heads up classes, and look forward to running it in SC. .400 (or .000 I guess) and dead-on is all you can do...same in both lanes !!
Casper68 is offline   Reply With Quote