HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Default Stock Suggestion # 2

Now remember before anybody gets too off subject (which is easy to do with this bunch), we are talking about only Indy 2015 for now, now about a FS/N class for Factory Stock Nostalgia, open to Pre (fill in the blank), about 8.50 weight break heads up no AHFS and probably some limitation on transfer into the eliminator all based on the B/S index. Now all together Ahhhhmmmmmm, Ahmmmmmmm, Ahmmmmmmm, breathe in deep through your nose, and expel slowly through your mouth. Ahhhhmmmmm, Ahhhhmmmmmm, etc, etc.ect. Now that we are clam and collected and have our blood flow oxygenated into our brain, what do you think. Absolutely no changes from the blue print specs. Sorta like the famous singer Lori Morgan who has this hit "What Part of No Don't You Understand". Ahhhhhhmmmmm, Ahhhhmmmmmm, ahhhmmm,
Old 09-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Mike Gray

Liked 480 Times in 132 Posts
Default Re: Stock Suggestion # 2

Thinking about bringing back the old iron Hmmmm
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBls3MTwDh8"]NHRA Stock Eliminator Steven Hall vs Jeff Teuton HEADS UP C/SA - YouTube[/ame]
Mike Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #3
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Sounds somewhat like Top Stock was. I would be cool with that, for a Shootout type race-within-a-race.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

Jeff

See you in Shreveport, and make sure you have the A/C set on 65 degrees and have a comfortable chair and plenty of refreshments......
and we'll hash it out.

It has merit.....

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Now remember before anybody gets too off subject (which is easy to do with this bunch), we are talking about only Indy 2015 for now, now about a FS/N class for Factory Stock Nostalgia, open to Pre (fill in the blank), about 8.50 weight break heads up no AHFS and probably some limitation on transfer into the eliminator all based on the B/S index. Now all together Ahhhhmmmmmm, Ahmmmmmmm, Ahmmmmmmm, breathe in deep through your nose, and expel slowly through your mouth. Ahhhhmmmmm, Ahhhhmmmmmm, etc, etc.ect. Now that we are clam and collected and have our blood flow oxygenated into our brain, what do you think. Absolutely no changes from the blue print specs. Sorta like the famous singer Lori Morgan who has this hit "What Part of No Don't You Understand". Ahhhhhhmmmmm, Ahhhhmmmmmm, ahhhmmm,
Ya know Jeff, you should really find something easier and more constructive to do with your spare time like herding cats or breastfeeding gators!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Nees, when you get my age, you need a project. And this is truly a project. But I'm up to the task. The deep breathing is my health tip. I got it from Doc Fudge who I will tell you if you need heart surgery, you need to come here. Give me some help. I'm trying to get out.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #7
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 796 Times in 211 Posts

Quote:
Nees, when you get my age, you need a project. And this is truly a project. But I'm up to the task. The deep breathing is my health tip. I got it from Doc Fudge who I will tell you if you need heart surgery, you need to come here. Give me some help. I'm trying to get out.
FYI

FYI a long time ago Jeff and and others met with NHRA to discuss the future . I can say that there were three of us there who were speaking without no personal agenda . We offered suggestions for the betterment of Stock and Super Stock. Not sure what year this was but now we are just having fun racing and in my case I am not serious anymore ,just let the button go and enjoy the ride
Old 09-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #8
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

This is probably a good idea.Gives some of the older cars something to do when they get bumped out of the 128 car qualified field of 1.5 under.
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #9
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Jeff, I am having trouble figuring out whether you want help getting out of your heart surgeons office or out from under this FS muddle. I'd rather bust you out of the Docs office, less messy.
I think that the Factory Stock(for young bucks and old poops who want to pretend they're young bucks) thing is a great show and a good thing for the Sport. I think that a Top(for stubborn old poops) Stock would be a great addition too BUT, ya know, I'm a "rules" guy. I know that sometimes life ain't fair and sometimes the rules ain't fair. I'm pretty sure that your Daddy or Doc Fudge has already explained to you that life may not be fair but it beats the alternative. What would we have for a Stock or SS Eliminator if there weren't any rules? We wouldn't. And they have to apply to everybody whether we like them or not. What would STK/SS be like if there was no AHFS? As badly written as it is, I don't think that we would have the car counts that we do today without it.
IMHO, the only right thing to do would be to run FS and TS as a separate deal which probably won't fly with NHRA, run them like the Hemi Challenge and blend them into the Eliminator after class but with the AHFS in effect for everybody(can't have different rules for different Racers in the same Eliminator no matter how much they want to spend) OR make Indy something completely separate and special and run no AHFS for everybody. If that is the case then there should be NO National Points earned for Indy.
Where's your Docs office, if I leave now and drive all night I can break you out by tomorrow morning, less messy.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #10
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Jeff, More Heads up racing is what we tried in Div 3 with TOP/SS and TOP/SKT. TOP/SS racers had the most fun in YEARS. We ran at multiple points meets and opens. I rounded up prize money for winner, ru and others. Many donated the money back to the pot for the next event because they really enjoyed the racing.
Someone with pull who could get this into any race in front of Spectators would be a hero to the racers and the FANS. It's called RACING and seldom seen except the shoot outs creeping into the events... Good Luck . It works for the racers and would catch on with spectators if they knew it was there.....NHRA might even notice the excitement.....

Waiting for a personal attack about my support of Heads up racing....
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote