Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #11
VIP Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond Hill GA (and Port Ludlow WA)
Posts: 2,582
Likes: 23
Liked 73 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: Need help with rules

Jon, good call; you can use a swing out bar if that helps...

Jim, bolted in is permissible; this is copied straight from the rulebook general reg section so of course the wheel tub comment doesn't apply to a Stocker:

"All vehicles with OEM frame must have roll bar welded or bolted to frame; installation of frame connectors on unibody cars does not constitute a frame; therefore it is not necessary to have the roll bar attached to the frame. Unibody cars with stock floor and firewall (wheeltubs permitted) may attach roll bar with 6-inch x 6-inch x .125-inch steel plates on top and bottom of floor bolted together with at least four 3/8-inch bolts and nuts, or weld main hoop to rocker sill area with .125-inch reinforcing plates, with plates welded completely"
Jim Carter
2340 Super Stock
2340 SST/2340 Stock
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #12
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help with rules

Yes you can have it bolted in it is in the nhar rulebook is was looking into it myself
rcjonny is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger