HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
4406PACK

Default Jim Skelly

For Those Of You Who Don't Know, I Received An E-mail From Jim Yesterday In Which He Informed Me That Today Would Be His Last Day At Nhra. I Think And I Am Sure You Will All Agree We Are Losing A Friend To The Racers. He Always Gave Us A Straight Answer Whether We Liked It Or Not And If He Didn't Know The Answer He Got It For Us. Say Goodbye To One Of The Best And He Won't Be Back This Time. Bye The Way The Reason For The E-mail Was An Answer To A Concern That I Had. He Cared Enough To Answer Me Even Though He Was Leaving Nhra The Next Day. A Hell Of A Guy And Wish Him The Very Best.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
Woodro Josey

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Jim Skelly

I too was told the same thing. You are right, Jim Was a racers friend, and it will be very. very hard to replace him. I wish you, Jim, all the best in the world and good luck at your new Job!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,452 Times in 540 Posts
Angry Re: Jim Skelly

Wow!!! Big loss for the sport...knowing Jim, he probably got fed up or was not part of NHRA new plan. Does anyone know where is Jim heading?
Jim, wish you the best in your endevours!!!
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
Arnold Greene

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

This is a huge loss for sportsman racers. Just yesterday, Jim took care of an issue in the classification guide. Jim is headed to SEMA, and will be a great addition to their staff. Good luck in your new position!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile Re: Jim Skelly

Jim,
You are one that will be missed! I haven't spoken to you since your return from the compact series but I was happy when you returned. Hopefully your new endeavor will involve some level of customer service as you are one that understands the needs of the customers. Doesn't mean the customer is always right, just means you would at least listen.
Thanks, and good luck to you!

Jeff Lee
SS/H
'70 AMX
Old 08-07-2007, 01:28 AM   #6
Jim Skelly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Guys, thanks for the kind words. I would have posted sooner, but I forgot my password (duh) and my registered email was the nhra email address, and......well......Ken finally got it straightened out for me (with some help from Woodro).

I am at SEMA now, and loving it; a class operation from top to bottom. But I'm not walking away from drag racing, I'll always be a fan, and I'll always keep stock and super stock close to my heart, along with all the great friends I've made over the years.

Everyone take care, and you still might bump into me at a drag race. Only now you won't have to hide the speed secrets! lol

Good luck to everyone, and please stay in touch. I will.
Jim Skelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
RIBEIRO RACING

Hey Jim,

Sorry to hear you have left NHRA, I must have been on the road traveling...You will be missed !
The important think is to look straight a head and don't look back.. You will do just fine with SEMA and don't forget to stay in-touch... Thanks, Dave...1033/stock
Old 08-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #8
Bart Kilraine

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Jim,have fun at the"Speed Equipment Manufacturing Assn."......Now you can give real comments on Stock and Super Stock,and Now you'll be allowed in Pittsburgh Raceway Park! [or is Keystone ?] time flys when your having fun. Bart
Bart Kilraine is offline   Reply With Quote