Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 04-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #31
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: BBC Iron heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
Mr.Lee, the op asked a question of a group he believes knows best yet you want it dismiss his question and relegate it to "The Lounge" because you deemed it doesn't even remotely relate to Class Racing. Way to go, another example of that elitest attitude that some, thankfully not all class racers demonstrate..
"elitist"? Now that's the kettle black! I'm under the impression your the King of BBC's and Chevelle's!
I believe the Lounge is for the discussion of non-class racer issues. Clearly, nothing in this thread involves anything remotely associated with class racing. Nothing. Frankly, many are wondering why you have the need to prove your racing prowess on a forum that does not involve your particular class of racing? What is it, did you get kicked off all the "I've got the fastest fastest Chevelle" forums and now want to impress all the NHRA / IHRA Class racers?
Six years ago, while you were running your 468 CI 4150 Holley equipped Chevelle in the low tens. I was running mid tens with a 4300 Autolite on top of a AMC 390 with a .457" hydraulic cam. NHRA Stock legal. A Rambler engine.
So your 78 cubic inches and 300 +/- CFM carb on a BBC doesn't impress me much. Or many others.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #32
rustbucket79

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OH SNAP!!

BTW, there is a bracket racing thread at the bottom of the list of forums for us non "class" guys.
rustbucket79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

The original question was fine I feel for this board. It is all the off topic bull$$ that belongs in the lounge.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #34
SSGN

Liked 129 Times in 45 Posts
Wink Re: BBC Iron heads

Should be more opinions over here because class racers aren't bracket racers

Kevin
SSGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #35
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
215 semi closed chamber.

I ran these heads on a pump gas 468 from '95 to 2007 and each time the engine was freshened, the heads were massaged a little more. Ultimately going from a 2.19/1.88 valves to a 2.25 intake valve. Best numbers in my 3880 lb. footbrake launched Chevelle were 1.28 60 foot and 10.07 @ 131.

I have a set of these heads for sale. Not sure if any work has been done on them as we bought them on a running engine a spun a bearing. Havn't had the heads apart.