HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
 
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
fastlane
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Calabasas Ca
Posts: 52
Default Crew Help wanted

I am still looking for a crew man in the Los Angles area to go to the track and help with racing a FS/AA Copo. Contact me here if interested
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
GTX JOHN
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boulder City, Nevada 89005
Posts: 1,329
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

If you want to pit near us...We would be happy to help at any of West Coast Races. We run 3 or 4 Stock/Super Stock cars....We would not notice one more.

Irving Family Racing
__________________
John Irving
741 Stock
741 Super Stock
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
fastlane
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Calabasas Ca
Posts: 52
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX JOHN View Post
If you want to pit near us...We would be happy to help at any of West Coast Races. We run 3 or 4 Stock/Super Stock cars....We would not notice one more.

Irving Family Racing
I would love to join you most of my time I will be at Fontana and a bit at Formoso they have not put out the full schedule yet. It looks like you will be closer to Las Vegas. I will be at Fontana Feb 2/3/4. At any event how will I know where you pit. I have a new 2017 Copo 350 supercharger FS/AA
Fastlane
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
fastlane
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Calabasas Ca
Posts: 52
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

Interesting I really received no response from class racer for crew help I put an add in Craig’s list and received 25 requests for the position in the first 24 hours and there still coming.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
David Lee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 729
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
Interesting I really received no response from class racer for crew help I put an add in Craig’s list and received 25 requests for the position in the first 24 hours and there still coming.
I would love to help but with a dynamic schedule, I would not laeve you hanging.
David Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:55 PM   #6
fastlane
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Calabasas Ca
Posts: 52
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
I would love to help but with a dynamic schedule, I would not laeve you hanging.
I appreciate the offer but now I have more then I can handle I picked 1 out of the 25 and have plenty of backups really no one that is a drag racer all young guys wanting to learn but that is ok. I have been doing this my whole life but no real expierance in stock eliminator except my L79 66 Nova a ran in 1966-1968. All bracket and heads up stuff. Stock eliminator is not much different then bracket racing. You qualify you put the number on your window you expect to run you get or give a handicap seems the same to me.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:26 PM   #7
David Lee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 729
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
I appreciate the offer but now I have more then I can handle I picked 1 out of the 25 and have plenty of backups really no one that is a drag racer all young guys wanting to learn but that is ok. I have been doing this my whole life but no real expierance in stock eliminator except my L79 66 Nova a ran in 1966-1968. All bracket and heads up stuff. Stock eliminator is not much different then bracket racing. You qualify you put the number on your window you expect to run you get or give a handicap seems the same to me.
do you have a good log or logging sw yet
David Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:07 AM   #8
fastlane
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Calabasas Ca
Posts: 52
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
do you have a good log or logging sw yet
I have a manual log book and my weather station keeps all my runs stored of which I have none yet. Just got the car first time running it will be 2/3/18
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:03 AM   #9
Chuck Norton
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Covina, CA
Posts: 430
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

If the track's response to yesterday's car count is any indication, you'll be lucky to get two runs in two days. With that in mind, it would be advisable to be there EARLY, be prepared to stay LATE, and expect to stand in agonizingly interminable lines at tech, at credentials, and wait through very slow response to on-track problems. A part of the problem appeared to be problems related to poor car prep with breakage, leakage, and equipment problems. But then, the track response to issues that arose was not swift. I watched one poor soul whose job it was to hand-mop the track surface make multiple trips between the starting line and the 330' cone within the course of an hour. That's not considering the late morning hours during which the track limited the runs to 1/8 mile only due to gusting crosswinds.

As a casual observer, I would compare the day to one that might be experienced by a big-box department store that slashed prices by 50% and then gave half the staff a day off. It's the old problem of trying to stuff ten pounds of mud into a shoebox.

Good luck, see you there.

c
__________________
Chuck Norton
Chuck Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #10
Bob Mulry
Senior Member
 
Bob Mulry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coarsegold, CA
Posts: 812
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norton View Post
If the track's response to yesterday's car count is any indication, you'll be lucky to get two runs in two days. With that in mind, it would be advisable to be there EARLY, be prepared to stay LATE, and expect to stand in agonizingly interminable lines at tech, at credentials, and wait through very slow response to on-track problems. A part of the problem appeared to be problems related to poor car prep with breakage, leakage, and equipment problems. But then, the track response to issues that arose was not swift. I watched one poor soul whose job it was to hand-mop the track surface make multiple trips between the starting line and the 330' cone within the course of an hour. That's not considering the late morning hours during which the track limited the runs to 1/8 mile only due to gusting crosswinds.

As a casual observer, I would compare the day to one that might be experienced by a big-box department store that slashed prices by 50% and then gave half the staff a day off. It's the old problem of trying to stuff ten pounds of mud into a shoebox.

Good luck, see you there.

c

Big Boy,

I thought that was the natural order of things?????

Bob
__________________
Bob Mulry 7516 STK
A & M Motorsports
Bob Mulry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger