HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Can-Am Stock Super Stock Series

Old 09-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
Pat6868

Liked 66 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Could we have reached the point of no return?

50 plus cars for CanAm race both days on Labour Day wknd. Don't think any other class had that kind of turn out. Damn nice car show as well. Plus crew entry fees. A good timing system and well run show aint to much to ask. Pat STK6868.
Pat6868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hill View Post
Looking at it from a different approch, and most likely this is for the decision makers, but if we went to a Saturday race day when no other association was there, would the track prep be there for us? Last year we didn't pay to enter, this year its 15 bucks. Does any of the $100 entery fee go to the track? i don't know this answer, but if not i gotta figure the lanes would be preped similar to a friday night. Back when i was bracket racing i remember the payouts working out to 40-50% of the pot and much worse if the car count went up believe it or not. this was all to cover costs - employees, track prep, maintenance (which is obviously low on the list) insurance and profit. Regular sunday bracket days maybe the answer to having a good track and low costs.

I left the last sunday races discussed with the track as well. i have said it many times, i am loving the series and looking forward to purchasing a super stocker this winter. I will go where ever the Can Am Series runs!

Ian Hill
67 Chevelle Stocker
The Can Am series is Freds deal. Track sees $0. 100% payback to the racers and the $15 we have to pay at the gate to get in is a new deal for this year. Im not sure what was said to bring on the new charge at the gate but im sure its because people were saying "Can Am" at the gate and getting in for free. And really id pay more to have a "raceable" track all day.
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts

Im really surprised Fred hasn't chimed in yet. Keep in mind that there is TMP officials viewing and while we do want them to hear what we have to say we dont want our series to be back balled. Keep it clean and hopefully we can put something together and have a meeting with TMP officials and Can Am deligates.
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #14
dragracer502

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Tony, I agree 100%, I would happily pay at the gate to go to supporting the PROPER race operations at any track. But when the reality is inconsistency from top to bottom, (who pays at the gate, what do you have to pay at the gate, is the timing system going to be working or not, will it work even close to the same in both lanes) then I think as paying customers we have the right to raise issue. I know in my day to day job if I can't or don't get things right, then I have to answer for that, I am accountable, and thats what I am looking for from any track I race at.
dragracer502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #15
dragracer502

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

I was just thinking what a good job everyone posting has been doing of keeping their comments constructive and not just bashing for the sake of it. Remember "the truth will set you free". There is no harm in pointing out a problem if you are also ready to work at a solution
dragracer502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #16
ChevyII

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

And the hits just keep on coming...

I see things haven't changed one iota. Moved west 13 years ago and believe me we have issues here too but I grew up racing at Cayuga. Attended the last IHRA national event in 2007 and the pit and top end racetrack pavement was the same (cracking) when I left and the lack of lighting at night was very evident. Funny what you see when you don't race there every season.

Neale and his staff do what they can but the ownership just doesn't get it. Funny I said that 15 years ago LOL.

In my estimation, you live in the best part of the country for racing and you have lots of choices. As much as I hate to say this, your money could be spent more wisely at other pristine facilities like Norwalk or Maple Grove for starters. Division 1 and 3 has by far the best Super Stock and Stock racers in the country and some of the best facilities to race at.

Let your $$$ do the talking.

Cheers!

Mike Ferstl
ChevyII is offline   Reply With Quote